Team Tournament February 2020 (Saturday 29th)

Just now, ItsGray said:

it was posted and changed after surely staff can check the logs and see

I did and this is exactly what I mean. 

Post must include all information after 1 hour of registration. It didn't. It was edited out, and all info was edited into it after I've said that the original post might count.

However, after the time that was given, it had no information required- therefore, it's not valid entry.

Just now, ItsGray said:

You just enjoy ruining peoples days dont you

Last tournament I've disqualified a team for not having all information after 1 hour of registration. I don't see how it would be fair to them to do the opposite this month and accept this entry, that was not made according to the rules of registration. 

Just now, Bearminator said:

Last tournament I've disqualified a team for not having all information after 1 hour of registration. I don't see how it would be fair to them to do the opposite this month and accept this entry, that was not made according to the rules of registration. 

We cool tho

5 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

What about the other BSDO post? That would make them 2nd or 3rd reserves?

[Live] - Little Veterans

[SIÂ] - Sic Itur Ad Astra

[HDLM] - SonsOfTheDeath

[LËM] - SimplyLëmonadë

[LYLE] - KingCheerios

[ÁvE] - Aventerrør

[Läva] - Läva

[NORE] - NoRematch

[VVVV] - Veni Vidi Vici Vixi

[RMW] - Red Mark Warrior

[RE] - Aogiri RE

[DgTs] - DangoTerasu

[xGDx] - GodOfDeath 

[RØSE] - GuardianoftRose

[Pâst] - ShadowOfThePast

[ZËRØ] - Elitewarriors

Reserves:

[VGC] - VermiGoldChamps

[BSDO] - Bushido (Post by WandererMirorB)

[GOÐS] - GodsReborn

[SeVí] - SeVIIChampions

https://pokemmotournament.challonge.com/TTFeb2020 
Bracket not final

7 hours ago, Hellscream said:

Why everyone can't play ? Just make a suitable bracket, the more teams that play the better it is

Apologies for late reply got busy with the tournament going on.

So, IMO, the reason for the TT being capped at 16 teams is mostly time issue. While today's TT lasted for 3 hours, it was mostly thanks to LC being quite a quick tier.
The TT is run by staff members, and it's always a huge tournament. We try to gather as many refs as possible to make sure that TT will run smoothly, but sometimes life happens.

But it's not about us only, and we are not a major reason for that. Some TT went up to 5 hours, sometimes ending around 3-4 am of European TimeZone. I think the current start hour of TT helps a bit, but adding even one more round to tournament is almost always equivalent of at least 1 more hour of staying awake. 

We also almost never get more than 20 teams per month, with some rare exceptions. If they would complete, a lot of teams will have to wait for the whole round before their first match will even start. 

Almost no player that will play a match at 3am will do it at his full potential. Eyes are tired, the mind is tired too and while adrenaline of playing in higher rounds kicks in, it's simply no enough. We had instances of players being replaced before the match simply cause them to have fallen asleep. I think the current starting time, and the format is just fairer. 

I personally don't think it's a good idea to change the format. It's never fun when you miss the tournament, but the chance to play is fair to all teams

Congratulations to the team [RMW] - Red Mark Warrior for becoming champions of February 2020! That was an amazing tournament, RMW, a lot of great matches, so you can be proud of the whole team! 

Shootout for our 2nd place of month, [RØSE], who surprised many teams with their brilliant performance

RMW +10p

RØSE +7p

HDLM +4p

Live +4p

Lyle +2p

Lava +2p

Past +2p

Re +2p

February Standings and Statistics:

Nr. Name of the Team Champion 2nd Place Semifinal 2nd round 1st round Won fights Lost fights
1 RMW 1         8 4
2 RØSE   1       9 3
3 HDLM     1     4 5
4 Live     1     5 4
5 Lyle       1   2 4
6 Lava       1   3 3
7 Past       1   3 3
8 Re       1   4 2
9 DgTs         1 1 2
10 Lem         1 1 2
11 NORE         1 1 2
12 xGDx         1 1 2
13 SIA         1 1 2
14 VVVV         1 1 2
15 Zero         1 1 2
16 Ave         1 0 3

Special thank you for my refs: @Mike, @CommanderBlue, @MPDH, @Raichuforyou @LeZenor @Lin and @RevzSM!

See you all next month!