[Denied]VIP Safari Zone - New Money Sink

I kind of like this, but instead of having pokemon you could've caught in previous updates they could just stick new pokemon in there as well as outside the safari zone, and up the price to something like 200.000.
I have enough money to buy 2 bikes without the bike voucher atm.

Event Pokemon are supposed to be special. If you weren't around to get them it disappoints you and encourages you to be on more often. That is the whole concept of them. Your idea completely ignores the concept. You just want the pokemon you missed because you didn't sign up in time. I'm sorry to tell you that you can't have them and I don't see this idea being implemented anytime soon.

Without the event pokemon appeal, this idea is basically spending money to get the rare safari pokemon quickly. But, rare pokemon are supposed to be hard to catch. Why do you think we can't spend money to make them easier to catch in the first place?

[quote name='ItzPrado' timestamp='1358521130' post='166240']
You just want the pokemon you missed because you didn't sign up in time. I'm sorry to tell you that you can't have them and I don't see this idea being implemented anytime soon.
[/quote]

He has been here for all the event pokemon, I can pretty much guarantee you that this isn't the reason.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1358472432' post='165931']
as well as not allowing people to just go in repeatedly to farm them
[/quote]

I'd go in and repeatedly farm them even if it costed $200.000.
So no.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358478796' post='166001']
VIP, that can be whatever price, but unless it includes making things easier to catch (possibly doubling their catch rate percentage), then the hell with it. Spookies are available via trade.
[/quote]

Don't mess with catch rates.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1358490726' post='166070']
But here's an idea I just thought of: What about, for 1 million pokedollars, a lifetime pass for the safari zone? That way, you don't get charged every time you want to go back in.
[/quote]

The thread is about a money sink, and you're trying to erase one. Dat logic.
And no, I could afford 3 lifetime passes atm. 1M isn't hard to get.

[quote name='Nebulae' timestamp='1358527551' post='166288']
I'd go in and repeatedly farm them even if it costed $200.000
[/quote]

I realize that, but putting a balanced and reasonable price such as 50,000$ at least makes it somewhat hurtful to peoples' wallet that they might not want to waste it all in there since other money sink ideas are going to be added in the future.

[quote name='ItzPrado' timestamp='1358521130' post='166240']
Event Pokemon are supposed to be special. If you weren't around to get them it disappoints you and encourages you to be on more often. That is the whole concept of them. Your idea completely ignores the concept. You just want the pokemon you missed because you didn't sign up in time. I'm sorry to tell you that you can't have them and I don't see this idea being implemented anytime soon.

Without the event pokemon appeal, this idea is basically spending money to get the rare safari pokemon quickly. But, rare pokemon are supposed to be hard to catch. Why do you think we can't spend money to make them easier to catch in the first place?
[/quote]

Oh man, all those assumptions. And you don't even know me, Jr.

The fact isnt that ALL the event Pokemon would be added. Only one or two from each event period along with new ones you can only get in VIP until their regular spot is implemented. Not to mention the event Pokemon aren't going to be rare. I'm willing to bet we'll see all of them a second or third time by the end of the year. I see your point but its a skewed logic. All these Pokemon will be available normally in the end. So what does it matter if one or two come back out of the 20 or so total that were events?

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1358530381' post='166325']
Oh man, all those assumptions. And you don't even know me, Jr.

The fact isnt that ALL the event Pokemon would be added. Only one or two from each event period along with new ones you can only get in VIP until their regular spot is implemented. Not to mention the event Pokemon aren't going to be rare. I'm willing to bet we'll see all of them a second or third time by the end of the year. I see your point but its a skewed logic. All these Pokemon will be available normally in the end. So what does it matter if one or two come back out of the 20 or so total that were events?
[/quote]
If they're going to be available in the near future, why include them in this at all? The developers would most likely say, "Wait until Hoenn to be added" if you were to ask for event pokemon to be included in this.

[quote name='ItzPrado' timestamp='1358531245' post='166337']

If they're going to be available in the near future, why include them in this at all? The developers would most likely say, "Wait until Hoenn to be added" if you were to ask for event pokemon to be included in this.
[/quote]

You include them in this to make it WORTH the 50,000$ people would be spending to go in. Its the incentive of the VIP Pass over the standard Pass. Its really not that hard to comprehend. They would need something to make people want to pay that amount to enter. You can't change the encounter rates to make it worthwhile because that breaks the game/require more effort to code instead of taking a Poke out and just replacing it with another. And since the Devs have already put event Pokemon into the game already your "wait until whenever" point falls apart. They already put tons of late-game-only Pokemon in early and in spots they don't belong. My suggestion follows that theming perfectly and is completely suitable. I feel like you and BraceWayne are just trying to poorly troll a good idea with unreasonable logic just for the sake of being contradictory instead of legitimately thinking it wouldn't work.

Sure why not. However, instead of having the past event pokemon, just put in the pokemon that were common in R/S/E but unavailable in FRLG. Like Seviper and Zangoose.

Don't change the original cost.

I like the idea for a lifetime membership at a huge price.

The VIP option sounds doable but it just can't be all of the event Pokemon. It would ruin their value, regardless of them having any, and it would take away from future regions.

I love the idea of a high priced commodity, however I think that the cost of adding a large percentage of (a once) rare items/pokemon into the economy would far outweigh the benefits of the 'money sink' you suggested. I think hats did this wonderfully (and I would love to see more and more expensive items too), of finding something that one can spend their money on without a [i]negative[/i] impact to the gameplay and game economy. I think Atuan's idea about a 'one time fee pass' which is extremely expensive would be a wonderful idea (for the reasons I stated previously).

OK PEOPLE LISTEN UP !

Say NO to the increase of price in the safari zone .. we will not let govermn... wait sorry got mixed up with real life ..

Anyway .. jokes aside . No . The safari zone is good as it is 500 is a good price considering the farming someone needs
to do to get a decent pokemon . As of NOW the safari zone does not need an increase , and NO its not easy to farm money
as you say , because not all have 100 level Persian/Mewths or have good enough pokemon to win the elite4 2nt time .
Some just dont want to train pokemon to win the elite4 a 2nt time that are not worth training .
We will talk again about increase in Safari Zone price once we have the new regions implamented , and farming from trainers
will be so much easier . for NOW .. no .

As for the VIP Safari zone . I dont see why not , but i dont see the reason why either . Considering we will have new regions , most of
the pokemon will be able to be caught , be it event or not .
So what could we do for a VIP safari ? What about increassed chance of getting a pokemon ..
BUT MHDEN THAT WOULD RUIN THE WORTH OF THE POKEMON!
You are right good citizen , but there is a catch ... it will only be 1 day per pokemon ...
meaning .. on Monday we will have .. 10% chance to get Scyther .. the rest of the pokemon will have the chances droped a litle .
On the next day 10% on Pensir .. and so on ...
And we could have a Sunday Event pokemon Special . We will add 1 new pokemon (per weak) to the Safari Zone with 10% chance that will only apear on Sundays (each sunday diferent pokemon).

How about that ?

• 9 months later...