[Denied]Cerulean Cave Bridge Short Cut/ fence removal

[quote name='Elkaroo' timestamp='1360474318' post='191761']
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9snkqEHAb1revsmeo1_400.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[quote name='Cameron' timestamp='1360477452' post='191780']
Support.
[/quote]

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1361953321' post='212078']
I went back and skimmed through the pages, but is it really that hard to surf around? A lot of the suggestions are based around player laziness, and it honestly defeats the purpose of Cerulean Cave being a hidden out of the way dungeon, where the most powerful Pokemon of all hides, when people can just swarm it as they please.
[/quote]No, fuck you. You skimmed, go back and read in full.
None of these are based on laziness.
1: it's not hidden. You can see the guy guarding it.
2: it's not out of the fucking way, any four year old could find their way to the cave.
3: let the n00blets get their asses kicked by the high level trainer. It'll teach them not to be such idiots.
4: just fucking read before commenting, like I did. Please?

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1361993329' post='212389']
2: it's not out of the fucking way, any four year old could find their way to the cave.
[/quote]
Agreed, but it does feel like it's meant to be disconnected from Cerulean, adding a bridge to Cerulean would connect it. I still think only removing the barrier would be enough.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1361993329' post='212389']
3: let the n00blets get their asses kicked by the high level trainer. It'll teach them not to be such idiots.
[/quote]
New player (we'll assume hasn't played Pokemon before, or at least hasn't been the cerulean cave before) starts up the game, makes their way through with relative ease, gets to Cerulean and sees the bridge, crosses it and sees a trainer, talks to trainer and a battle starts, new player is defeated by the mid-level pokemon the trainer has. Player is left wondering why such a trainer of that level is even in that area.
It's just bad game design to allow low-level players to be challenged by a mid-level NPC without prior knowledge of that NPC being mid-level. There's only three blocks of water between cerulean and the cave if the barrier was removed, how much delay could three measly tiles cause?

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1362045167' post='213137']
Agreed, but it does feel like it's meant to be disconnected from Cerulean, adding a bridge to Cerulean would connect it. I still think only removing the barrier would be enough.

New player (we'll assume hasn't played Pokemon before, or at least hasn't been the cerulean cave before) starts up the game, makes their way through with relative ease, gets to Cerulean and sees the bridge, crosses it and sees a trainer, talks to trainer and a battle starts, new player is defeated by the mid-level pokemon the trainer has. Player is left wondering why such a trainer of that level is even in that area.
It's just bad game design to allow low-level players to be challenged by a mid-level NPC without prior knowledge of that NPC being mid-level. There's only three blocks of water between cerulean and the cave if the barrier was removed, how much delay could three measly tiles cause?
[/quote]

Change the sprite/dialogue to some character from the Anime making it meant to be hard..Like a challenge?

This likely would not be added for a few reasons:

1. This would require us to modify the map either in the client or download the map every time you enter the map. (More effort than it is worth)
2. This would (probably) require us to add custom tiles since there are no east/west bridges in the current tileset for that map.
3. There are much more important things for us to be doing.

[quote name='Desu' timestamp='1362054916' post='213250']

1. This would require us to modify the map either in the client or download the map every time you enter the map. (More effort than it is worth)
2. This would (probably) require us to add custom tiles since there are no east/west bridges in the current tileset for that map.
[/quote]This could be approved, but put on the agenda for "much later", like adding other regions, it's not an immediate demand.
[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1362045167' post='213137']

[/quote]Making people able to walk up to the cave with no barrier also works for me.
As for the noob, if he faces the high level trainer, he'll ask people what's up with that, and they'll tell him face him with equal or higher level pokes, duh, and voila problem solved.

[/quote]

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmkpvoAhl41qdls3n.gif[/img]

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1362089359' post='213756']
This could be approved, but put on the agenda for "much later", like adding other regions, it's not an immediate demand.
Making people able to walk up to the cave with no barrier also works for me.
As for the noob, if he faces the high level trainer, he'll ask people what's up with that, and they'll tell him face him with equal or higher level pokes, duh, and voila problem solved.
[/quote]
You're better off spending your time going around then demanding a bridge to be built.

[/quote]

1. couldnt this be patched while the game is running ? And why download it everytime ? You download it once and then it should patch it automaticaly .
2. Why use a Bridge ? Dont listen to them and their wild ideas . If the fence is just removed we would be more than happy . I seriusly dont know why those guys even SUGEST a bridge in the first place .... ITS STUPID and they are even arguing about the damn Trainer woman . If you cant cross the damn water you will not be able to get to the cave just like it would happen if you went the proper way .
3. Cant argue with that ...

EPIC MS.PAINT SKILLS!
[spoiler]
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/1252fjc.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

[quote name='MHDEN' timestamp='1362175437' post='215030']
1. couldnt this be patched while the game is running ? And why download it everytime ? You download it once and then it should patch it automaticaly .
2. Why use a Bridge ? Dont listen to them and their wild ideas . If the fence is just removed we would be more than happy . I seriusly dont know why those guys even SUGEST a bridge in the first place .... ITS STUPID and they are even arguing about the damn Trainer woman . If you cant cross the damn water you will not be able to get to the cave just like it would happen if you went the proper way .
3. Cant argue with that ...

EPIC MS.PAINT SKILLS!
[spoiler]
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/1252fjc.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]I'd support this.

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1361651131' post='208341']
I hope this doesn't become one of these suggestions that just lingers around for ages and never happens.
[/quote]

[/quote]

• 7 months later...

Updated OP.

Bumping because: One of the main arguments against this was that you could just buy as many repels as you want. This isnt the case now that you're on a budget with the whole moneymaking nerf. Plus e4 doesnt give you money anymore, the cooldown is still there and you're expected to pay more for the revives and healing items that you'll need when you train a poke there.

• 1 month later...

Removing part of the fence sounds like a good solution and doesn't require any new tiles. Low level players can't get there any earlier than they otherwise could since they'd still need surf. With the insane Tentacool encounter rate, this would save a lot of trouble and money (for repels).

• 2 months later...

Woah, this is the best idea I've seen here since ever. Don't add a bridge, just remove a part of the fence and the game would be 1000x better (SERIOUSLY!). I don't have enough money to use a repel everytime I go in the cave and don't have the time too. If there would be a survey about this, I'm sure minimum 95% of all the players would like this change.

edit: I did this in MS Paint:

fupUYRs.png