[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

Hi! 
First of all, I'm so sorry about my English and my grammar. I may have found a fix for the ones who have problems with the counter -  counter stays on 0 -.
I tryed many times to install this counter, but it never work out for me. The black screen - A.K.A GilanGDXFonter - never showed up to me.

I unistalled PokeMMO, made a fresh install and installed the counter again and.. it worked! A few moments after, I've installed some mods - the same one that I had before the unistall process - and I've found out that there is one single mod that conflicts with the counter. The mod is: Generation 8 Style Icon. 
Whenever I put this mod on, the counter stops working. 

I don't know if this can help some of the users that had this problem, but I hope that it can helps. 

Hey Gilan! You probably already acknowledge this but GEC doesn`t count egg "encounters". It`s kinda messed up to have to manually count the ammount of egg "encounters". A quick reminder that the egg encounter is when you breed the egg and not when you hatch it. Thanks, and keep the good work.

The encounter counter was working for me, but suddenly is just stopped counting. I reinstalled both pokemmo and the GEC file but it still seems to break after only a few encounters any idea? Just to note the "fonter" window still appears prior to the launch of GEC.exe and still is stuck any help would be appreciated! 🙂

So apparently my save data is broken>? 

I can freshly reinstall but when i want to use my updated save data it says no 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gui.py", line 902, in <module>
  File "gui.py", line 677, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 462, in __init__
  File "gui.py", line 298, in __init__
  File "json\__init__.py", line 299, in load
  File "json\__init__.py", line 354, in loads
  File "json\decoder.py", line 339, in decode
  File "json\decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

this error 

Edited by TSMSquirtles

Hello again Gillan. So I found out that the counter is counting Alphas more then once, while it should count it only one time since the first encounter with an alpha is the one that determines if it is shiny or not. Maybe making a timer of 1 hour long (the duration of an alpha appearence) for alpha encounters after the first one,  and if it is a different species of the previous one the counter resets, should work.

Hey Gilan,

Facing an issue with the counter here. I've got everything in the right file spaces and that black box appears on the corner of my screen which I presume to mean it works, and the actual counter itself is something that I can see in my taskbar as well as in my tabs on my PC. However, when trying to look at the counter on the screen, it's just not there. The actual program is open, it's just not appearing. When I right click on the program when open, I also get this error message:

image.thumb.png.301d6182373038089c9c3dc8fc3534f1.png

I've fixed my client, reinstalled, moved around a bit, checked whether it was because my game was in the wrong AppData folders but nothing works. It's completely invisible for me. Any way I can fix this? I play on a 3840x2160 monitor and am on Windows 11 if that changes anything.

• 3 weeks later...

GEC not working even with fresh installation.

Description of issue (what happened, what were you doing, etc.): I came back from a long hiatus (since around September) when I found out that it's not working anymore. Tried downloading the new zip for the update but nothing happened.

Is the issue reproduceable (i.e. can you make it happen again)? It's reoccurring, I tried already reinstalling both the game (fresh strings) and the counter.

Anything in the debug folder? if so please make a https://pastebin.com of the debug files: No text in debug.log files.

Did the app spit out an error to you? (if so please screenshot it): It didn't.

What PokeMMO client theme were you using? Default.

What ui scaling is your client on? It doesn't matter what, I tried every possible combination of UI Scaling and High DPI Fonts.

16 hours ago, SirYul said:

Description of issue (what happened, what were you doing, etc.): I came back from a long hiatus (since around September) when I found out that it's not working anymore. Tried downloading the new zip for the update but nothing happened.

Is the issue reproduceable (i.e. can you make it happen again)? It's reoccurring, I tried already reinstalling both the game (fresh strings) and the counter.

Anything in the debug folder? if so please make a https://pastebin.com of the debug files: No text in debug.log files.

What ui scaling is your client on? It doesn't matter what, I tried every possible combination of UI Scaling and High DPI Fonts.

A friend has the same issue, the only thing he didnt tried its set his screen resolution, has it at 1600, told him to go 1080p but he didnt repply me yet, maybe that works for you (1920x1080)

On 3/7/2023 at 8:29 AM, SirYul said:

So update on this, I finally got it to work but the reason why it wasn't working is weird.
I tried what @budadeth suggested, changing my resolution to 1920x1080 but it still was not working. I then tried for the combinations of and "UI Scaling" and "High DPI Fonts" when I misclicked "Small HUD Menu," turning it off. Now my Interface settings looks like this at 1920x1027 resolution.image.png.c10ed942da5507cd0db59dea435d06ef.png

EDIT: It stopped working when I added mods, didn't get fixed when the mods were removed.

Edited by SirYul
55 minutes ago, SirYul said:

So update on this, I finally got it to work but the reason why it wasn't working is weird.
I tried what @budadeth suggested, changing my resolution to 1920x1080 but it still was not working. I then tried for the combinations of and "UI Scaling" and "High DPI Fonts" when I misclicked "Small HUD Menu," turning it off. Now my Interface settings looks like this at 1920x1027 resolution.image.png.c10ed942da5507cd0db59dea435d06ef.png

Thanks for the info Im gonna try reach my friend maybe this works for him aswell I hope 🙌

(edit: didnt work for him lol but thanks for the info)

Edited by budadeth
El 09/08/2021 a las 16:23, Gilan dijo:

Verifique la carpeta ./Gilans Encounter Counter/debug y avíseme si alguno de los dos archivos contiene algo.

Hola estimado, gracias por su arduo trabajo yo tengo el mismo problema...
en el primer documento me sale lo siguiente
 ERROR:root:gecException:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 1306, in run_app
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 311, in refresh_font_info
  File "GilansEncounterCounter.py", line 132, in refresh_gui_info
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1196, in parse
  File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 597, in parse
  File "<string>", line None
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: mismatched tag: line 5020, column 2
El segundo documento no contiene nada 
image.png.dd35702ba6fe45257e3de44ed1f0d900.png

Edited by Salga2
pase apretar enter

Description of issue: The counter overlay doens't stay on top of the game (running the game as borderless windowed), everytime i click on the game the overlay gets minimized to the background, windowed works but that defeats the purpose for me. I've also noticed the counter doesn't minimize while using ANGLE

as the Graphic API (but it makes it stop counting the encounters), it works properly with OpenGL as API as long as i dont click in the game, wich would minimize the tracker.    

The tracker still works as long as i alt tab it back before the battle message appears but that defeats the purpose.

Anything in the debug folder: No idea if its related but yes, https://pastebin.com/8mXC3Eu5

What PokeMMO client theme were you using? simplesmog for the client and Dark MMO for the counter, tried not using anything and nothing changes.

What ui scaling is your client on? 1x

EDIT: So it seems that doing a clean slate install on all my drivers fixed the problem with the ANGLE API and its working totally fine now so i'll be using that, OpenGL only works if i downscale the resolution a bit under my monitor reuguuion (1980 x 1080), wich i guess makes sense.

Edited by Elphiin
On 3/12/2023 at 2:36 PM, xxorezxx said:

GEC open but not tracking anything, tried different combinations of resolution, high dpi fonts, ui scaling, windowed, full screen but nothing, it seems to be outdated, also installed in correct folder.

Same issue with me

I cant fix it. I have been install it again but it didint work

• 2 weeks later...