What happens to your brain when you play video games?

• 1 year later...

When you're in the midst of a gaming session, your brain becomes super engaged. It's processing visual and auditory information, making quick decisions, and even releasing chemicals like dopamine, which is responsible for that rewarding feeling when you achieve something in a game.
As a gamer who's been enjoying the adrenaline rush of CS2, I can tell you it's all about that mental stimulation and strategic thinking. It's fascinating how gaming can improve cognitive skills like problem-solving and hand-eye coordination.

Edited by Malmark
32 minutes ago, Malmark said:

When you're in the midst of a gaming session, your brain becomes super engaged. It's processing visual and auditory information, making quick decisions, and even releasing chemicals like dopamine, which is responsible for that rewarding feeling when you achieve something in a game.

Mehh it's not so rewarding anymore after a few years. After I achieve something in game I reward myself with a cigarette. Very bad habit

Edit: I've been playing this game for so long now.. @Squirtlegive shares. I gave you 10 years of my life and now you need to give some shares x"D

Edited by Goku
29 minutes ago, Malmark said:

why tf are you posting on a thread almost one year old, crab 

4 minutes ago, McTermi said:

why tf are you posting on a thread almost one year old, crab 

If the thread is still open, why not.

We now have a shiny showcase which basically rendered the unofficial existence one pointless to an extent and yet people are still posting there.

Edited by Goku

Depends on the individual and their perspective. Different people engage with video games in various ways. While some find joy in meeting objectives, others cherish forming friendships and chatting with fellow players. It's all about how each person uniquely experiences and enjoys gaming 😉

Best regards,

MightyMichele