[GUI] Archetype - Total PokeMMO visual overhaul including animations and customizable options

Hello, I am a Chinese user. When I was using it, I found that I could not play the game in Chinese. The text was missing, just like this, but the English was completely normal. Is there any solution? Thank you.

error.jpg

On 1/16/2024 at 2:27 AM, Got2CatchEmAll said:

Thank you for your response. I was able to edit the code and change it back to the default text.  I’m just slightly OCD so little things like that just irk me. Thank you so much for the work you put into this theme. It’s amazing 🙂

3 hours ago, awslxdd said:

Hello, I am a Chinese user. When I was using it, I found that I could not play the game in Chinese. The text was missing, just like this, but the English was completely normal. Is there any solution? Thank you.

Just pushed a minor update to theme. The font should look like in prior versions again and work for all languages now.

• 2 weeks later...

This theme is really awesome, good job man really.

If I may add a couple of pointers that were confusing to me and maybe to others as well.

I'm new to themes in this game so forgive me if I missed some obvious things.

1. Open ZIP, then open the archetype folder; extract contents into PokeMMO\data\

Linux / macOS users MUST merge directories, DO NOT REPLACE

This is weird advice because people on windows will think they can just replace their sprites and themes folder. Something you really don't want to do. Why not merge on windows? Maybe better to say copy the "archetype folder from the zip/themes into pokemmo/data/themes. If you want to change the icons of the types you can ..etc" because I think the sprites folder confuses many.

<!-- Choose the shape of the theme (YOU MUST ALSO REPLACE THE MAIN.PNG in /sprites/atlas!): 1. Sharp.xml 2. Round.xml -->

<include filename="assets/Sharp.xml"/>

The only way I was able make this work is to just replace the main.png sprite with the one I want, this does nothing for me. What am I missing?

I am not able to make the cursors work. Can't find any info either on github, in this thread or on the discord seems like I'm the only one lol.

<!-- Enter one of the following animation names below: 1. Unova.xml 2. Allstars.xml 3. Default.xml -->

At first I had no idea what this did untill I changed it. It's only the login screen?

On 2/9/2024 at 10:28 AM, Empi said:

This theme is really awesome, good job man really.

If I may add a couple of pointers that were confusing to me and maybe to others as well.

I'm new to themes in this game so forgive me if I missed some obvious things.

This is weird advice because people on windows will think they can just replace their sprites and themes folder. Something you really don't want to do. Why not merge on windows? Maybe better to say copy the "archetype folder from the zip/themes into pokemmo/data/themes. If you want to change the icons of the types you can ..etc" because I think the sprites folder confuses many.

The only way I was able make this work is to just replace the main.png sprite with the one I want, this does nothing for me. What am I missing?

I am not able to make the cursors work. Can't find any info either on github, in this thread or on the discord seems like I'm the only one lol.

At first I had no idea what this did untill I changed it. It's only the login screen?

last year an update changed icons from themes to the sprites folder, installation is confusing
instructions need to be updated any ways, mainly due to https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype/issues/46

the cursors are located in the CHOOSE_YOUR_LOOK.xml
https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype?tab=readme-ov-file#customization

23 minutes ago, Timbamboocha said:

the theme block the game when i try to free a pokemon with the new update

Archtype needs to be updated to be used smoothly on the new update. The creators are quick to update their theme so don't worry 😄 

Thanks for looking out, @Elizn.

Hi there everyone, we are taking a look at what needs to be updated.
Depending on what needs to be added, it may take a little longer than expected.
I have some things to take care of today, afterwards we'll be starting on the update.

Readmes instructions for both the Counter and Theme will be revised soon for all operating systems to make installing easier.

Sidenote1: Every time the base game updates themes need to be checked for missing content. It is advised to STOP using a custom theme when the game prompts you telling you the theme is potentially outdated. The developers added this feature to help prevent users playing with old themes that are missing content.

Sidenote2: Since last year the base game has moved the custom icons from the THEMES directory into the SPRITES directory. This means you'll need to reinstall the custom main.png every time the game updates- in reality this is not a big deal, because you shouldn't use the theme until we release the latest update, which will reapply the main.png.

Sidenote3: The Archetype Counter still works fine.

I would like to take this moment to thank you all for your interest/support and that we plan to continue maintaining the theme for more years to come.

Edited by nurver9

Odd little issue, I went to re-do the hex codes for all my colors after redownloading and it caused a compatibility issue. I triple checked to make sure they were the same color codes I had previously. Changing the values back to default colors fixes it lol, no idea what's causing it either.

Edited by MrPrayingMantis
4 hours ago, MrPrayingMantis said:

Odd little issue, I went to re-do the hex codes for all my colors after redownloading and it caused a compatibility issue. I triple checked to make sure they were the same color codes I had previously. Changing the values back to default colors fixes it lol, no idea what's causing it either.

You should just be able to paste your customization files into the new download. If the problem persists then you can join our discord and send us the file so we can check what's going on

1 hour ago, realmadrid1809 said:

You should just be able to paste your customization files into the new download. If the problem persists then you can join our discord and send us the file so we can check what's going on

Deleted the current and just dragged and dropped the old "CHOOSE_YOUR_COLORS.xml" into the file and it seems to work fine, thank you, was worried doing so might mess it up haha.

I don't know if I missed some files or what but when I right-click on the counter almost all of the selections are greyed out and I don't have access to them.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what I haven't done yet?

Thanks in advance!

On 2/28/2024 at 9:07 AM, ddnodollar said:

Are these little icons no longer used? I can't find the corresponding main.png in the new version. I really like the little icons.

8H1O811`1LY$6U_C8]EKGNP.png

We'll probably reimplement those. Maintaining the atlas is very tedious and some things may have been overlooked for the sake of updating the theme asap.

10 hours ago, MissSamus said:

I don't know if I missed some files or what but when I right-click on the counter almost all of the selections are greyed out and I don't have access to them.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what I haven't done yet?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is for the theme, not the counter. You don't have access to the options cause you have to turn the counter off before you go into the settings

• 2 weeks later...