$875,000 Gym Rerun Team...Would Breeding Have Saved Money??

I spent about $875,000 Pokeyen for this 4 mon team: 

1. Togekiss @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Modest                          EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Ability: Serene Grace                  IVs: 2x31 SpAtk / Speed

Moves: Hyper Voice, Air Cutter, Ancientpower, Fly

2. Garchomp @ Life Orb

Nature: Adamant                            EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Ability: Sand Veil                             IVs: 2x31 Atk / Speed

Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Crunch

3. Typhlosion @ Choice Specs

Nature: Modest                            EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Ability: Blaze                                 IVs: 2x31 SpAtk / Speed

Moves: Eruption, Cut, Blah, Blah 

4. Galvantula @ Magnet

Nature: Modest                            EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP

Ability: CompoundEyes                IVs: 2x31 SpAtk / Speed

Moves: Electroweb, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, Discharge

The Pokemon I bought were as described from this gym rerun guide

--->  gym guide beginner to veteran gym rerun teams

(Shoutout MrVVD for taking the time to make that easy to follow guide.)

Here's my costs breakdown, all bought off GTL:

Togekiss- $250,000

Garchomp- $225,000

Typhlosion- $170,000

Galvantula- $30,000

(30 SPATK iv and 29 SPD iv)

Choice Scarf and Life Orb- $200,000

I advance searched for the proper nature and iv's and bought the lowest priced option. While I am comfortable with my purchases, I am wondering if breeding these 2x31 iv Pokemon myself would have really saved me significant Pokeyen? I know nothing about breeding in PokeMMO but Global Chat said I could have made this team myself for less than half of what I paid for. I wanted a good team like this in time for the Halloween event so I didn't mind spending but did I spend too much? Should I have just learned the breeding system and saved the Pokeyen by breeding? All criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

ofc it would, since buying is legit being scammed. Unsure in which gym you even need a galvantula, ideally you want 2 typhlosions, it costs you maybe 80 to 90k to breed 1 typhlosions 2x31 natured, you get them to lvl 100 rather fast even by shiny hunting and killing hordes. Since no other mons are needed, you can assume only that cost, times 2, so lets tay 180k on typhlosions + item cost (which is irrelevant anyway if you pvp, since those items will bring good value there) + random torkoal with drought from GTL, thats all. If you want to be efficient, then you get a flygon/garchomp and aerodactyl aswell, which is another 140-160k max.

It costs 60k to 100k each if you breed everything yourself, the value added of these mons in GTL mostly coming from being lvl 100. Buying them for around 200k isn't really a steal, of course you save money doing it yourself but you saved time here and the cost for it was decent, at least far from a scam. 

I would encourage learning breeding in the long term though. It does save significant money. 

Edited by Poufilou

I'm unsure how this team would fare against rain or weather teams overall. I myself, was usually running Specs Typhlosion/ Life orb Hydreigon/ Wide Lens Krookodile- these 3 alone are capable of beating 80% of gyms. Last mons are fillers which you can get even for free. Cloud Nine Golduck would probably work best, as it disables all weather teams (ironically, hail being the absolutely worst one due to snow cloak), has a great spread STAB move in Muddy Water and quite a lot of coverage moves as well. Last 2 can be just some mons that you wanna level up through gyms

To breed a 2x31 natured typho you need:

+ atleast 1 base female breed typho( or any mon in that evo line)     -> 27kish (cheapest is cyndaquil )

+ 2 (1x31) field breeders to make a 2x31 in speed and spa                 -> 8kish for female one speed male ones 3kish for spA.

+ 1 (1x31) male field breeder                                                            -> 4kish.

+ male field mon to pass the nature to cyndaquil                             -> 3kish.

+ For the items you need:

+ 1 power anklet and 1 power lens                                                -> (10k) x2 to breed the 2 (1x31)'s

+ 1 power lens for (1x31) male breeder                                         -> 10k

+ 1 power lens to breed natured 1x31 cynda with 2x31                 -> 10k

+ Everstones to keep Cyndaquil modest                                        -> 6kish x3

+Gender costs:

+ You need pay the breeder to keep cynd female while naturing    -> 21k (don't even think about skipping this step cause 31 cynda or even modest with bad ivs cost more than naturing it yourself xD about 40kish atleast)

+ Choosing Female : Natured cynda vs 1x31 male                          -> 21k

+ Choosing male for  the 2 x 31 breeder                                        -> 5k

That makes a total of about  147k for a 2 x31 modest baby cynda

+ Then youre going to ev your typho and train it to lv 100 which is free (Assuming you already have the items [exp share/macho brace] and other mons to use) cause youre doing it yourself but if youre going to put some value to your time or effort then the cost goes way up. For this i will use the cheapest prices from lvling and Eving shops on the forums:

+ Ev training both speed and spA 510 evs                                         -> 25kish

+ Lv up from 1 -100                                                                          -> 110k

+ Then pp max Eruption xD                                                              -> 20kish

That would bring the total up to about 302k. Which makes your 170k typho purchase a good deal for you the buyer esp if you bought the typho at lv 100.

Spoiler

Even if the guy making the poke doesnt spend any money ev training and lvling up the pokemon a 23k profit after all that work is hardly worth it after all that work. I haven't even removed the gtl tax on that profit lol.

18 hours ago, DaTonka said:

all bought off GTL

So my advice would be if youre a new player and arent sure about breeding its cheaper to just buy typhos in this case. You save time and avoid a lot of unnecessary headaches, imagine if you make breeding mistakes xD that would be it man, it could frustrate you off the game. 

27 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

To breed a 2x31 natured typho you need:

+ atleast 1 base female breed typho( or any mon in that evo line)     -> 27kish (cheapest is cyndaquil )

+ 2 (1x31) field breeders to make a 2x31 in speed and spa                 -> 8kish for female one speed male ones 3kish for spA.

+ 1 (1x31) male field breeder                                                            -> 4kish.

+ male field mon to pass the nature to cyndaquil                             -> 3kish.

+ For the items you need:

+ 1 power anklet and 1 power lens                                                -> (10k) x2 to breed the 2 (1x31)'s

+ 1 power lens for (1x31) male breeder                                         -> 10k

+ 1 power lens to breed natured 1x31 cynda with 2x31                 -> 10k

+ Everstones to keep Cyndaquil modest                                        -> 6kish x3

+Gender costs:

+ You need pay the breeder to keep cynd female while naturing    -> 21k (don't even think about skipping this step cause 31 cynda or even modest with bad ivs cost more than naturing it yourself xD about 40kish atleast)

+ Choosing Female : Natured cynda vs 1x31 male                          -> 21k

+ Choosing male for  the 2 x 31 breeder                                        -> 5k

That makes a total of about  147k for a 2 x31 modest baby cynda

+ Then youre going to ev your typho and train it to lv 100 which is free (Assuming you already have the items [exp share/macho brace] and other mons to use) cause youre doing it yourself but if youre going to put some value to your time or effort then the cost goes way up. For this i will use the cheapest prices from lvling and Eving shops on the forums:

+ Ev training both speed and spA 510 evs                                         -> 25kish

+ Lv up from 1 -100                                                                          -> 110k

+ Then pp max Eruption xD                                                              -> 20kish

That would bring the total up to about 302k. Which makes your 170k typho purchase a good deal for you the buyer esp if you bought the typho at lv 100.

Reveal hidden contents

Even if the guy making the poke doesnt spend any money ev training and lvling up the pokemon a 23k profit after all that work is hardly worth it after all that work. I haven't even removed the gtl tax on that profit lol.

So my advice would be if youre a new player and arent sure about breeding its cheaper to just buy typhos in this case. You save time and avoid a lot of unnecessary headaches, imagine if you make breeding mistakes xD that would be it man, it could frustrate you off the game. 

You dont need a single female cynda, or to even pay for a single female gender selection, use dittos, at most you pay like 90k and thats me overpricing. Random cynda -> 1x31 ditto + brace (15-17k), another ditto +2 braces (25-27k+30-35k ditto), natured ditto + brace + everstone (price wont change at 1iv, so about 21k), there you go.

Edited by razimove
7 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

When you consider the time you need to breed and level the mons you could probably do a couple of gymruns in the meantime which would provide much higher return - so describing bought ready ones from gtl as a scam is highly questionable

assuming they have alts ready tho, while they can level those cyndaquils partially with alt gameplay through exp share, or even just horde hunting for shinies etc, which is what appeals to most I'd argue after first clear

15 minutes ago, razimove said:

assuming they have alts ready tho, while they can level those cyndaquils partially with alt gameplay through exp share, or even just horde hunting for shinies etc, which is what appeals to most I'd argue after first clear

i think you can do reasonable profit with a main alone too, let it just be regular good payout npc. there are points for both sides, i just think the term "scam" is a bit over the top

11 hours ago, razimove said:

Random cynda -> 1x31 ditto + brace (15-17k), another ditto +2 braces (25-27k+30-35k ditto), natured ditto + brace + everstone (price wont change at 1iv, so about 21k), there you go.

Random cynda (27k) ->1x31 ditto (5k) + brace (10k), another ditto + 2 braces (25k 20k+ 30k 5k ditto), natured ditto (37k) + brace (10k) + everstone (5k) makes 119k.  And then they Ev + lv it to 100 + pp max eruption (20k) and the gtl tax lol. C'mon man even without choosing any genders 170k isnt a bad purchase in exchange for all that effort.

7 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

Random cynda (27k) ->1x31 ditto (5k) + brace (10k), another ditto + 2 braces (25k 20k+ 30k 5k ditto), natured ditto (37k) + brace (10k) + everstone (5k) makes 119k.  And then they Ev + lv it to 100 + pp max eruption (20k) and the gtl tax lol. C'mon man even without choosing any genders 170k isnt a bad purchase in exchange for all that effort.

Random cydaquil, you can catch, so already wrong, you can find 2x31 dittos for 30k a lot of times, believe me I breed a lot since flag system that I breed for people. You actually don't need pp max on eruption, 6 eruptions is enough if you lead torkoal and put stealth rocks on the field. So 119k - 32k, oh look 87k. Buying is terrible value for a lvl 36 typhlosion. Since I just confirmed and that's not a lvl 100 typhlosion value, which is why I refered to it as a scam @Quakkz since you're virtually overpaying 70 to 90k on top for 36 levels and possibly no proper EVs from what I saw on a few on gtl. Also, ''all that effort'' effort into making a 2x31 natured? I can make you 4 of them in 15 minutes if you want to buy for 170k each 🙂

edit: before someone says that catching is effort, one of the best things you can do after getting out of E4 is legit heading to a safari and fish karps for your first yen, so it's just a few steps more as a beginner. 

Edited by razimove
11 minutes ago, razimove said:

Random cydaquil, you can catch, so already wrong, you can find 2x31 dittos for 30k a lot of times, believe me I breed a lot since flag system that I breed for people. You actually don't need pp max on eruption, 6 eruptions is enough if you lead torkoal and put stealth rocks on the field. So 119k - 32k, oh look 87k. Buying is terrible value for a lvl 36 typhlosion. Since I just confirmed and that's not a lvl 100 typhlosion value, which is why I refered to it as a scam @Quakkz since you're virtually overpaying 70 to 90k on top for 36 levels and possibly no proper EVs from what I saw on a few on gtl. Also, ''all that effort'' effort into making a 2x31 natured? I can make you 4 of them in 15 minutes if you want to buy for 170k each 🙂

edit: before someone says that catching is effort, one of the best things you can do after getting out of E4 is legit heading to a safari and fish karps for your first yen, so it's just a few steps more as a beginner. 

My assumptions were based on the purchase being a lv 100 typho fully ev'ed and with pp max on eruption not just for gyms but for Halloween as well. He mentioned he is okay with using the it for that too.

Ofc if you can catch your own mons and pick up your own items and the price will drop much more but it becomes more time consuming, expensive and inefficient which isnt what he wants. And as far as i can tell the author of the post is much more inclined to a faster and more cost effective path. In this case buying cyndas would be better than catching them. Given the fact of where the mon is and its rarity you can spend up to 20 minutes worth of safari hunts failing to capture the mon because so many things often go wrong, Cynda can flee from you, you can run out of balls and sometimes you can even run out of steps without seeing a single cynda. This is all wasted time you could have grinded to get you money to buy cynda. This is the reason why i assumed he would be buying all breeds from the gtl.

The prices i used are the prices that are currently present on gtl which is what new players would be using if they went there right now. Since the 2x31 (speed and spA) going for 30k arent present all the time you can bet new players wont see them most of the time. This is the reason why i couldnt price them at 30k each.

Even after all that said catching your own cynda, breeding it to a 2x31 natured cynda, ev training it and then lvling it up to lv100 typho is still a lot of effort for new players. You maybe be able to do 4 of them in 15minutes but that just speaks to your capability as a player and not that of new players.

9 hours ago, razimove said:

You dont need a single female cynda, or to even pay for a single female gender selection, use dittos, at most you pay like 90k and thats me overpricing. Random cynda -> 1x31 ditto + brace (15-17k), another ditto +2 braces (25-27k+30-35k ditto), natured ditto + brace + everstone (price wont change at 1iv, so about 21k), there you go.

You can go even lower using BP to buy braces. Assuming that people finish all regions, they will have 14/k BP well stored and probablly not spended it. Use a total of 4 Braces meaning -40/k spended , also, the ditto will only need 31 on Speed. For Sp. Atk/Atk on any mon breeded to Gym Farm, you can go safety to 30. This isn't LC that 1 point stat do a massive difference on damage.

Edited by caioxlive13
6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

You can go even lower using BP to buy braces. Assuming that people finish all regions, they will have 14/k BP well stored and probablly not spended it. Use a total of 4 Braces meaning -40/k spended , also, the ditto will only need 31 on Speed. For Sp. Atk/Atk on any mon breeded to Gym Farm, you can go safety to 30. This isn't LC that 1 point stat do a massive difference on damage.

buying braces with BP is terrible. You're losing yen by doing that, if you want to farm BP to sell, sell vitamins, stop wasting it on other items, do math before making this sort of mistakes.