Why can't we have smaller events more regularly?

Right now the endgame is PvP or shiny hunting...or amassing money for a select few I guess.

Why can't we have small, fun events more often, like on weekends? It would be so easy....

• Increase to shiny rate
  • Guaranteed 31 IVs on certain mons/egg groups
  • Themed swarms
  • Double battle money from trainers/gyms

Stuff like this would be super easy to implement and would break up the monotony of the "endgame" grind. Is there any particular reason why something this simple isn't possible?

1 minute ago, Branaso said:

the is no event that does increase your shiny rate and it will never happen, and the reason why wwe dont have that its because that will push the devs and the game as well, the players needs a break between every Huge event so they do their regular things like farming, pvping, shiny hunting...etc

So you mean we need a break between every huge event...well thank God there's a whole 10 months of break between Christmas and next Halloween.

What do you mean push the devs? They're not adding anything new, the ideas I listed above would just be a matter of adjusting number values...

20 minutes ago, Bryce said:
  • Increase to shiny rate
  • Guaranteed 31 IVs on certain mons/egg groups
  • Themed swarms
  • Double battle money from trainers/gyms

Stuff like this would be super easy to implement and would break up the monotony of the "endgame" grind.

breaking up the monotony of the grindy endgame by buffing grinding activities.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

Edited by Quakkz
21 hours ago, Branaso said:

we have anniversary event , Lunar event and Abril Fools between them

Anniversary Event was just this year because it was a big deal and it took them more than half the year to actually roll it out.

Lunar Event and Christmas are really just a dungeon.

can't believe they did this isn't even an event...

Halloween is a lot of fun but that is the ONLY one that I would consider an actual event; a dungeon that doesn't require co-op, themed swarms with possible particles, themed trainer battles, etc.

21 hours ago, Quakkz said:

breaking up the monotony of the grindy endgame by buffing grinding activities.

The point is buffing different activities periodically to incentivize doing more than one thing.

I'm at the point where I just press 2 arrow keys over and over again on Route 13 hoping for a Shiny Staryu. Before that I berry farmed and sold those, once in a while doing a gym run with an Amulet Coin.

That is literally all I do because nothing else is rewarding.

I just think it would be nice to have a reason to play the game differently more than once or twice a year and the suggestions I listed would be super easy. 

Edited by Bryce
10 minutes ago, Branaso said:

i  actually think anniversary event will stay for now on, and even if xmas and lunar are dungeons, they are considered as a huge events as they contains grind, new vanities and the huge features they bring to the game 

Creating new vanities to sell during these events from scratch would actually be harder than doing any of the things I listed.

Aside from this Anniversary Event bringing HAs please describe how any of these other events brought ANY "huge" feature to the game.

The point I'm trying to make here is that there's about 10 months between Christmas and Halloween where the only "events" are community-driven catch/PvP ones.

It would be as simple as how Call of Duty used to do Double XP Weekends, I'm not saying we need entire revamps. Just create an incentive to do something other than farm what we've been farming the rest of the year.

EDIT: Like Thanksgiving is coming up next month. Imagine something as simple as giving wild Flying egg group mons a guaranteed 31 or 0 IV for the week of that holiday?

Or having all swarms be Flying type?

That would at LEAST be more fun than doing nothing, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Bryce
18 minutes ago, Branaso said:

im agreed but i actually enjoy the  game even if there is no events, and i dont see any point to add that soon ( thats just my opinion ), its all to the devs to decide if this is a good idea or no for the community, many events doesnt mean more fun all the time it may result in something else in other way, 

Ha are a Huge new feature im agreed with it, but the other event brought a Huge things as well like Randoms they did came with the Last halloween event iirc, Lunar event brought Charms that are an addition to the market and the game's economy, idk what other events brought bc im not really too old in the game but im sure they did

They don't have to be full on events, just little changes to make the game feel more alive.

Randoms is a new format but that's built on something that already exists in the game. It's just PvP with mons/abilities/items/moves tossed into a randomizer.

If you want to use Charms as an example, that shows you the ability to do the things I mentioned (at least bonus trainer money) is already built into the game. I wouldn't call that a major feature, since it's just another form of monetization.

@BryceWhat this game always needed was a quest system, daily stuff to have a reason to login, reward tracks ect
They did something similar to this with the new PVP system (even tho it is heavily flawed because you just really need to grind games and the rewards are mediocre compared to PVE grinding) and now with the Alpha swarms that pop sporadically every ingame day.
Hopefully in the future they will keep adding more activities with dedicated timings to do accross the day instead of having people farm the same trainers over and over

1 hour ago, ScizoMonkey said:

I think the beauty of PokeMMO is also the fact that each player can choose what he wants to do in endgame:

PVP 

Shiny hunting

Getting rich 

Starting a new character for a Nuzlocke or Monotype challenge 

Playing the official catching events

Etc

I agree that it's great you can choose your endgame, but my point is that there's very little incentive to do anything other than any one of those activities. People stop and run the event dungeon, maybe buy the vanity, then get back to what they were doing anyway.

The only exception is Halloween which actually feels unique.

But having a reason to catch something else, fight someone else, etc would be a great way to mix up the dull endgame grind loop.

58 minutes ago, awkways said:

I'm not appealing to the devs, I know they won't read it. I'm asking the players if there's a reason why something this easy to implement doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Bryce said:

I agree that it's great you can choose your endgame, but my point is that there's very little incentive to do anything other than any one of those activities. People stop and run the event dungeon, maybe buy the vanity, then get back to what they were doing anyway.

But having a reason to catch something else, fight someone else, etc would be a great way to mix up the dull endgame grind loop.

I'm not appealing to the devs, I know they won't read it. I'm asking the players if there's a reason why something this easy to implement doesn't exist.

The reason something that "easy" isn't yet added is that players like you don't appeal it to the devs. Devs are busy, and maybe they're too busy to think of "small" stuff like that. They're more likely to read and add these things if you post it in the suggestion box than the general discussion. 

6 hours ago, Bryce said:

I feel like the Alpha boss is pretty much what you want.

There are also the daily official events + unofficial event

I personally like Christmas and New Year a lot because I play with my teammates

The best way to enjoy the endgame in my opinion is to join a Guild 

1 hour ago, ScizoMonkey said:

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with that last statement...teams are basically a way to build community within a group of members but there's zero gameplay difference aside from team-sponsored events, if any.

What I'm trying to get as is look at PokemonGO, vastly different game, yes - but there are community days where spawns and shiny rate are increased...there are themed event spawns...there are cosmetics unlocked through performance rather than RNG/real money...there's just so much more that can be done outside of the big "main" events that would be so easy to implement that I can't understand why they don't exist.

This game, similar to PokemonGO, survives off the fact that Pokemon is a wildly successful franchise - not in any part because the parties handling it have much of an idea of what they're doing.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, ScizoMonkey said:

On 10/25/2022 at 12:21 AM, Bryce said:

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with that last statement...teams are basically a way to build community within a group of members but there's zero gameplay difference aside from team-sponsored events, if any.

What I'm trying to get as is look at PokemonGO, vastly different game, yes - but there are community days where spawns and shiny rate are increased...there are themed event spawns...there are cosmetics unlocked through performance rather than RNG/real money...there's just so much more that can be done outside of the big "main" events that would be so easy to implement that I can't understand why they don't exist.

This game, similar to PokemonGO, survives off the fact that Pokemon is a wildly successful franchise - not in any part because the parties handling it have much of an idea of what they're doing.

Honestly you're both right, the only fun way to play the end game is in a guild in my opinion, and that's a travesty. If you find a guild/team that puts a lot of effort in to making up for the lack of group activities in an mmo then it definitely does feel a lot better, even just doing the same old endgame stuff like shunting but with friends is leagues better.

My own guild has an internal PvP system centered around claiming Gyms and taking challengers from within the team, but it's not at all official and it shows in the activity that the community built feature has gotten, like, teams help tremendously with the game, but they can really only do so much. I will say though, it sounds like you're mostly asking for more smaller events, and teams very much do that all the time; catching contests, fashion contests, creative pvp tournaments like magikarp roulette, metronome, or nuzlocke matches, in bigger teams than mine i imagine these kinds of things are super frequent, tbh

what want is just more multiplayer stuff, why oh why is there no multiplayer pve, big bosses (not for catching) that you take on with a friend, an option to let you run through the stories with friends, making trainer battles all double battles, or AT LEAST let you do regular double battles together while linked up! multiplayer pvp would also be really nice, 2v2 would be extremely fun, especially for team vs team tournaments. anyway, rant over lmao, join a good team with people you could be friends with, otherwise you legit may as well just emulate your favorite game imo