Imposter Ditto in PvP, which EVs?

Stealth rocks is %based so defense wouldn't matter, I'd say other stats don't matter at least from my perspective unless you swap into something that can't be transformed into(such as a disguised zoroark) and then it kills itself somehow and you need to actually use the transform skill on the following turn.

Short answer is : No it doesn't matter.
Long answer is people have been using ditto with 31 252 defense and 0 - speed just in case the game ends in a situation where both Pokémon on the field die against each other and it comes down to a Ditto vs Ditto duel, both can't transform so they will struggle and the Ditto with maximized defense will win that duel. You could play a thousand games with Ditto that I doubt this scenario would ever happen, so it's completely OK to ignore it. The Zoroark case is also a thing as Munya mentionned but facing Zoroarks in OU is even more unlikely than Ditto

9 hours ago, TohnR said:

Short answer is : No it doesn't matter.
Long answer is people have been using ditto with 31 252 defense and 0 - speed just in case the game ends in a situation where both Pokémon on the field die against each other and it comes down to a Ditto vs Ditto duel, both can't transform so they will struggle and the Ditto with maximized defense will win that duel. You could play a thousand games with Ditto that I doubt this scenario would ever happen, so it's completely OK to ignore it. The Zoroark case is also a thing as Munya mentionned but facing Zoroarks in OU is even more unlikely than Ditto

That Ditto information is very very interesting. I never knew running anything that wasn't 31 HP 252 EVs was worth it, now maybe I'll change my mind. 252 HP 252 Def Impish Ditto ftw 

Edited by OGQT
3 minutes ago, DragoTamer said:

Wouldn't Lax be better? Since nature won't matter after using imposter, it also shouldn't matter since struggle is a physical move. Higher speed would be better i'm guessing if it came down to a ditto vs. ditto duel

Slower is better since the faster Ditto will Struggle itself to death first, because it attacks first. Nature does matter if the Ditto is not Transformed into something else

Edited by OGQT
6 minutes ago, OGQT said:

Slower is better since the faster Ditto will Struggle itself to death first, because it attacks first. Nature does matter if the Ditto is not Transformed into something else

Right, I had a brain fart and thought about that too late lol. Thanks dude