PTS Storyline Balancing Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, ahoyahoy said:

I'd like to know if the test server has been permanently shut down,pls

It was mentioned many times that all progress from PTS will be deleted. It's being opened only when there are some big changes incoming and devs would like us to become testers of the new content.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:28 AM, ScizoMonkey said:

Guys, I think we have to talk about the 3rd gym.

I have played PokeMMO since 2013, I have done many storylines on many different accounts.

I have completed Kanto in Nuzlocke, Kanto + Hoenn on bug monotype, Sinnoh on Ghost monotype, Unova on Water monotype, Kanto on water monotype + only gift Pokemons, right now I am doing a Ditto only challenge in Hoenn.  

You guys can check on my YouTube channel I am not lying. 

I know how difficult PokeMMO is, I enjoy the difficulty and even the not totally fair AI hax, but this one, this Miltank.

It feels worse than an alpha, only level 25 but outspeed level 29. It feels like it has 31 in all IVs + 252 in all EVs.

I tried to play Miltank in PvP in the past and this is definitely boosted.

Too fast, too strong, too tanky.

And also the accuracy looks boosted like an alpha, the love mechanic is either glitched or OP, and and evasion of the Miltank feels off too.

I tried many different strats, hyper fang, poison point, statik, flash, spore, fighting type moves, etc.

At the end I just had to use X defend, Potion, X attack and keep pushing until it worked.

But this Miltank does feel unbalanced

bro has had the full Whitney experience, I'm really sorry for you, this is basically like Cynthia back in Platinum era

15 hours ago, YaGiC said:

Ok guys, if you chose Chikorita as starter like me... i know your pain. 

This is SO hard to play with this pokemon, the early game is really really HARD but doable, you will end up spamming Tackle as the only viable source of damage cause most of pokemon are Fly or Grass type (with poison attacks ofc) until... Bugsy is impossible if you only leveld up Bayleef so you will have to grind another pokemon. I mean, he just spam U-turn on his 3 full evolved pokemon, in the real game, he only has Scyther as main difficulty for a Bayleef user, here its EVERY pokemon...

And finally, after you beat the Rival and Bugsy, the game begins to be a little bit easier for Bayleef players but in the end, this pokemon (and grass type) are kinda weak most of the time or just useless.

I was playing with a friend with a Cyndaquil, he just destroyed the game without having to build a real team. 

I know in every game, starters are like "one is weak early but with a good late"... there, it's the first time i just gave up on my starter cause you cant play with it at all, early, and late... he's just bad and with trainer's buffs... bruh!!

This is my personal opinion but you should kinda change something for casual players who wants to play with this pokemon, maybe increasing random pokemon's exp/level in grass before Bugsy so players can level up their others pokemon faster idk.

I did 8 badges with a combo of Ursaring & Gyarados (after Whitney) and this duo just destroyed the game so i havnt met REAL difficulties or overtuned fights (even Whitney, i just OneTried her with teddiursa) so except for the Chikorita's problem, the game sounds fun but still challenging 

Had fun playing Johto overall

For Bugsy i used an Onix with rock tomb and had no issues, i also picked Chikorita as a starter. That early trade in Violet city (Belsprout for Onix) covers for Chikorita's weaknesses 

• Rache unfeatured and unpinned this topic