Waiting time before a GTL annoucement is visible

Axelator

Question

After creating an annoucement on GTL there should be 1 minute before it's visible and a popup with the price to be able to cancel it in case of an error, and maybe more time if the price it's too high.

There are many snippers constantly reloading the page waiting for someone to make a mistake, something quite dirty in my opinion.

I've seen people leave the game after practically giving away a +50 million shiny.

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Axelator said:

After creating an annoucement on GTL there should be 1 minute before it's visible and a popup with the price to be able to cancel it in case of an error, and maybe more time if the price it's too high.

There are many snippers constantly reloading the page waiting for someone to make a mistake, something quite dirty in my opinion.

I've seen people leave the game after practically giving away a +50 million shiny.

Someone was silly enough to forget a 0 when listing a 50+ million shiny on the gtl? Sounds fishy to me.

26 minutes ago, Summrs said:

Someone was silly enough to forget a 0 when listing a 50+ million shiny on the gtl? Sounds fishy to me.

It's normal. I've seen players quit and listing multiple shinies, comps and vanities worth close to 500mil all together for 1k a piece xDD. It's days like that.. that make the gtl very entertaining and whomever has the fastest reactions will enjoy the spoils 😄

32 minutes ago, Summrs said:

Remember that new players do sometimes encounter high valued shinies and list them for "Silly" amounts and the main reason for this is that they are not familiar with the market and price ranges. 

12 minutes ago, Goku said:

It's normal. I've seen players quit and listing multiple shinies, comps and vanities worth close to 500mil all together for 1k a piece xDD. It's days like that.. that make the gtl very entertaining and whomever has the fastest reactions will enjoy the spoils 😄

Remember that new players do sometimes encounter high valued shinies and list them for "Silly" amounts and the main reason for this is that they are not familiar with the market and price ranges. 

I meant to say that if they were to do it, it would not be by accident.

1 hour ago, Summrs said:

I meant to say that if they were to do it, it would not be by accident.

I agree. But I'd recommend you to list all your wealth for cheap intentionally for research purposes, so we can understand the mindset of these madlads who list shinys / rare vanity etc for cheap (just tell me the exact time when you decide to do it, no reason xd)

I have never made a mistake when inserting a listing on GTL, except for that one time when I accidentally listed an alpha Pokemon for 1.5 instead of 4m. Fortunately, I was able to cancel the listing in time and adjust the price. However, I do agree with the suggestion that listings should have an adjustable recall time, such as a 30-second to 2-minute countdown before becoming visible. Once they become visible, they should be locked for 7 seconds before becoming purchasable by the public. This way, all the players looking for cheap prices can have an equal opportunity to notice the listing and rush to update and click to purchase it.

6 hours ago, Goku said:

And how will a 1 minute cooldown solve that?

24 minutes ago, HermitG said:

And how will a 1 minute cooldown solve that?

It wouldn't solve the issue of the wrong prices for purpose. It's just a cool feature to help in case we dropped a listing for mistake.

Edited by MightyMichele