Strings were intentionally nerfed/removed???

Why nerf something that is already such a slow drawn out process, with x1 shiny charm you can barely finish 3 boxes worth now.

It's pretty much not feasible to shunt eggs anymore.

I cant see how strings fundamentally break the game, if dialogue speed is lowered this much then breeding should be reworked to allow multiple sets of mons with 1 click.

huge hit for the shiny hunters. and the berry farming community
specially if you already have high enough ping. it almost takes double the amount of time it used take before in berry farming. as an EN player i have to switch to a different language just to make it little more bearable !!

and no one should have to go through that process in the first place !!! 

Edited by FelisC
9 hours ago, Requi said:

Haven't seem much on this topic yet but so far i've seen sources suggesting that the devs removed the advantage strings gave to players.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.01ad07dc7caa93c763280c7cc9c6d191.png

If this was intentional I need to ask why not just make strings a default option if it's about fairness. There is nothing more annoying to the player experience than spending 3 minutes slowly clicking through text bubbles on each berry plot while planting or being forced to sit through long text when trying to breed eggs on a charm. This will 100% kill the berry farming market (unless your a chinese bot xd) and peoples motivation to do difficult egg shunts.

If devs really did plan to do this in the update I would expect some clarity on what's happening.

i fixed this by just adding a bunch of linebreaks instead of leaving blank spaces (with \n) for stuff like the pokecenter healing, for the breeding/pc/leppa notification delay i had to remove the text completly and replace it with a linebreak too. dunno if there is a better fix because missing the gender check text is kinda annoying imo, but it seems to work fine if you completly remove it and put a linebreak.i didnt test anything with berries or other stuff but id assume the same thing would work there too, but id imagine having no text at all there would be annoying too.

43 minutes ago, Pcoookie said:

i fixed this by just adding a bunch of linebreaks instead of leaving blank spaces (with \n) for stuff like the pokecenter healing, for the breeding/pc/leppa notification delay i had to remove the text completly and replace it with a linebreak too. dunno if there is a better fix because missing the gender check text is kinda annoying imo, but it seems to work fine if you completly remove it and put a linebreak.i didnt test anything with berries or other stuff but id assume the same thing would work there too, but id imagine having no text at all there would be annoying too.

If u don't mind could u pm me the strings you currently use

1 minute ago, imHide said:

You could have 1 character or \n in all text boxes, it will make no difference. It's how quickly you can process to the next dialogue, there's a 1-1.5sec or so holdup between breeding breeding prompts.

to me it seems to be the same speed as before, if i replace the gender question with a linebreak. but i didnt do any real testing since i dont really have any data to compare it to. i dont notice any delay myself atleast

Hello Pcookie I attempted to mail you in game but by chance do you have a link of the custom strings you use? I've been currently using ones Patrouski posted on youtube but I'm having the same issue where Breeding takes a lot longer than before the update. :/

Hi, I'd like a version of that too please. I do some berry farming and the berries now takes ages to plant. Can that fix it too?. Thank you.

Edit :
I fixed the file to make berry farming, breeding and Kanto+Hoenn Pokécenters fast again.

Here is the edited files, just replace the old files with these ones. Have fun in Johto guys!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gpkWO_M0FVBT7TYFkz8OLAbCS9hx4ijh?usp=sharing

Edited by Gullzarr
Changed the link, that one shouldn't expire after a week like the last ones

now berry farming on one account takes almost the same time as it did for all of my 4 accounts

this pretty much kills berry farming for me

and I can't believe that I'm saying this: now the most tedious and boring part of egg hunting is making the eggs instead of hatching them..... lol

#KyuPlsFix

if strings themselves are problematic somehow just add an instant animations/text option in game

nerfing such a massive and important QoL feature is a recipe for disaster, and a recipe to mess with my muscle memory too T_T

1 hour ago, Lorewaifu said:

nerfing such a massive and important QoL feature is a recipe for disaster, and a recipe to mess with my muscle memory too T_T

The thing is that it's not a feature lol. This massive QoL upgrade isn't available to your casual player that doesn't come across friends/people that know it. The string thing was for a long time gatekeeped by players for their own profit (Berry farming / easier rare egg hunting). Even now there's like 1 guide on forums iirc and it's not even that good. 

If devs implemented something in the game to make it quicker than normal it would be nice for everyone. If it means nerfing what we actually got with string it's fine too I wouldn't mind making egg hunts less easy if it means making rare shinies be more rare. 

Just now, Poufilou said:

The thing is that it's not a feature lol. This massive QoL upgrade isn't available to your casual player that doesn't come across friends/people that know it. The string thing was for a long time gatekeeped by players for their own profit (Berry farming / easier rare egg hunting). Even now there's like 1 guide on forums iirc and it's not even that good. 

If devs implemented something in the game to make it quicker than normal it would be nice for everyone. If it means nerfing what we actually got with string it's fine too I wouldn't mind making egg hunts less easy if it means making rare shinies be more rare. 

Strings were intentionally allowed to even the playing field between different languages. The Chinese language is far faster than any other language for example and was used by any actually competent player. There are multiple guides and different string packs. (Slepea, Rudes, Shao for example) 

11 minutes ago, Doctor said:

They absolutely work, they aren’t nerfed at all and I still farm perfectly fine and fast with them lmao

with the strings that gullzar posted farming works perfectly fine again so yeah

now the only thing slowing me down is the 5k people queue cuz I don't have dono in the alts LMAO

breeding still sucks tho

I haven't found a way to fix it myself and no one seems to have done it yet

50 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

So just assumptions ? The message from Rache in the screenshot doesn't seem to imply your theory

there's a button in the game to easily import string files, that's an intended feature

is that the intended way to play the game?

who cares

I'll play it however it's best for me, that's the beauty of player customization

mods and themes fall into the same category

3 minutes ago, Lorewaifu said:

there's a button in the game to easily import string files, that's an intended feature

is that the intended way to play the game?

who cares

I'll play it however it's best for me, that's the beauty of player customization

mods and themes fall into the same category

Well, we do.

It should be pretty clear to everyone that the 'import strings' feature isn't intended to be used to have you skip dialog, but you know that already.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Well, we do.

It should be pretty clear to everyone that the 'import strings' feature isn't intended to be used to have you skip dialog, but you know that already.

yeah, but at this point it's a bit too late to change it imo

if there's a demand for it then it either should be officially implemented into the game or clearly prohibited and changed so it can't even be done

a strange grey area is not the best place to be in, especially not when it affects a historically picky  subset of the player base