Pumpking Harvest BUG

The Pumpking has a bug with the harvest mechanic in which it doesn't even allows the pokémon to use moves. At first glance it seems its due "speed" but an absol with Choice Scarf that I'm using for strat was the example so definitely wasn't the speed stat. I honestly plead for a review to this topic, I guess it's the main reason "Why Pumpking Hard is So Hard" because harvest is bugged and no one noticed. Thanks for the event eitherways a lot of appreciation .

7 minutes ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

The Pumpking has a bug with the harvest mechanic in which it doesn't even allows the pokémon to use moves. At first glance it seems its due "speed" but an absol with Choice Scarf that I'm using for strat was the example so definitely wasn't the speed stat. I honestly plead for a review to this topic, I guess it's the main reason "Why Pumpking Hard is So Hard" because harvest is bugged and no one noticed. Thanks for the event eitherways a lot of appreciation .

You are probably refering to the Bug that IS related to the reaper that Sometimes wont let you choose moves If He removed Mons from the field. Relogging fixes it

1.- In the first image we can see the main problem I'm speaking of. The Pumpking does not even finishes round 1 so the protective coat is under and it attacks with the scythe and the "harvest stats" at the end of Turn 1. I do not think this is the way it was intended to work and I do not know if I am the only one with this troubleshoot. 

2.- It shows the battle log so no doubt remains of what I am trying to proof.

3.- Just 3 turns and the run is over, besides it also shows how it gets greatly boosted in everything and making impossible to fight gainning boost in stats where it already removed them with the "Harvesting Attack". Honestly fools me up a ton (Not using other words but man, it freaks out, more because you use items for each run).

Spoiler

harvestbug1.PNG

Spoiler

harvestbug2.PNG

Spoiler

harvestbug3.PNG

Edited by Luxrayboy789
18 hours ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

No, I’m referring to the BUG of harvest move with the Scythe animation 

It’s supposed to use a text before the hit “Pumpking is forewarning a great attack” or something like that before using the scythe or harvest .

No, the text shows up when it's about to leave all your mons at 1 HP, and it uses Grim Harvest whenever one of your mons is low on HP, so it makes sense that it's using it there

6 hours ago, Doctor said:

No, the text shows up when it's about to leave all your mons at 1 HP, and it uses Grim Harvest whenever one of your mons is low on HP, so it makes sense that it's using it there

No pal review once again the battle log, thats why i'm saying it has a bug and needs a fix. 80% health is low health?

Also use Broom Cookies to remove its stat boosts and your stat debuffs, that's what it's made for. There are no buffs here, you just gotta tune your strategy until it works for you.

Thanks, but every turn it attacks with the scythe of harvest so... impossible to even try something like that. Even the damage done is less than when stats are buffed or debuffed, still attacks with that scythe every turn and once again. PUMPKING NOT REAPER!

Hace 1 hora, Rache dijo:

Ghastly Vision es el movimiento con un turno de carga antes, reduce el HP de tus mons activos a 1. Grim Harvest se puede usar en cualquier turno y no tiene requisitos de% de HP, se elige cuando el jefe cree que es el mejor movimiento. que tiene para la situación. No parece que haya nada malo aquí.

That's good to know, but what about the bug with consumable items not equipping? It is assumed that they implemented it to make the pumpkin king more difficult and that it would not be like last year, where objects are not consumed.

I think it's great that this new function has been implemented, because it is very good when it comes to farming,  but this feature is already over a week old and I think it should have been fixed in the event update.

I understand that it is only the second day of the event, but I hope they fix this error as soon as possible 

15 hours ago, Rache said:

Ghastly Vision is the move with a charge-up turn before it, it reduces the HP of your active mons to 1. Grim Harvest can be used on any turn and doesn't have HP% requirements, it's chosen when the boss thinks it's the best move it has for the situation. It doesn't appear that there's anything wrong here.

Seems fair, but what about the Pumpking boosting itself after removing the stats with the Scythe Harvest? Is not that bugged as well? It is going to reset its stats and then boost them for using fake tears or whatever move you pick to debuff? Besides that so the mechanic is simple, use broom cookies for the mist then why the pumpkings defenses or sp. def are boosted or something? because damages calculations are wrong... I do not want to be that kind of guy but answers as simple as this one when I'm putting evidence, also tagging the evidence to be just replied with this type of text. I felt like calling for customer support and getting a "Sorry we can not help you, have a nice day" . Either way thanks for event

12 minutes ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

Seems fair, but what about the Pumpking boosting itself after removing the stats with the Scythe Harvest? Is not that bugged as well? It is going to reset its stats and then boost them for using fake tears or whatever move you pick to debuff? Besides that so the mechanic is simple, use broom cookies for the mist then why the pumpkings defenses or sp. def are boosted or something? because damages calculations are wrong... I do not want to be that kind of guy but answers as simple as this one when I'm putting evidence, also tagging the evidence to be just replied with this type of text. I felt like calling for customer support and getting a "Sorry we can not help you, have a nice day" . Either way thanks for event

You're not putting evidence of anything, you're just describing how the move works. Removes your stat boosts and then it buffs itself. You clearly don't understand how the boss works, and that's something everyone is trying to learn (hence my mistake up above), but instead of doing so you just call everything a bug and rage at a developer who is providing you a polite, complete answer to your concerns.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:40 AM, Luxrayboy789 said:

19 hours ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

No pal review once again the battle log, thats why i'm saying it has a bug and needs a fix. 80% health is low health?

Thanks, but every turn it attacks with the scythe of harvest so... impossible to even try something like that. Even the damage done is less than when stats are buffed or debuffed, still attacks with that scythe every turn and once again. PUMPKING NOT REAPER!

This boss needs You be playing with the cookies. I did not need cookies on the third pumpking last year but this year the cookies are more important.

Maybe you are assuming that you should win without cookies if your team is good. I think this year the cookies are the key.

Well in hard mode needs cookies as the key of the fight. You are playing in easy, I only played 4 games in easy and just need some ghost cookie at second boss.

Maybe in easy it can get complicated sometimes Im not sure xd, in easy just attack more xd to the pumpking more damage

You're not putting evidence of anything, you're just describing how the move works. Removes your stat boosts and then it buffs itself. 

Problem is Guard Spec not being able to save your boosts. Literally i've done the tests and the Harvest's attack bypass it and still debuff you back to 0. Not only that, they nullifs the effect of the item after 1 turn, only on 3rd stage, and i don't f*** know how because no ability or item proc when the item loss the effect too early

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Problem is Guard Spec not being able to save your boosts. Literally i've done the tests and the Harvest's attack bypass it and still debuff you back to 0. Not only that, they nullifs the effect of the item after 1 turn, only on 3rd stage, and i don't f*** know how because no ability or item proc when the item loss the effect too early

So the tl;dr is you don't know how it works, as many of us do. Still not a bug. I'm 500% sure it's intended to work exactly like that and we haven't figured out what causes it, or what triggers it. Bugs can happen, but how can y'all scream "IT'S BUGGED" when we don't even know how it's supposed to work? Quoting devs, they want players to find out that stuff for themselves because that's the appeal of these events/new mechanics, we can then give feedback about how it felt for us, but yelling BUG in the 2nd day of the event with a complete mechanic overhaul is just bratty.

And don't get me wrong, I don't like a lot of stuff going on with the event, but no wonder devs think it's pointless to communicate/read feedback if all people do is scream and throw a tantrum whenever they aren't spoonfed perfect strategies and given millions in cash in the first day of an event. All I'm saying is, be patient, analyze what's in front of y'all, try to beat it, and when you fully understand what you're talking about/the mechanics involved, THEN you can complain if those seem unfair to you. Doing otherwise is childish and entitlement won't get any of us too far with feedback that could've been constructive and legit.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, Luxrayboy789 said:

Yep, on easy mode if you don't get to the 3rd stage with all 3 pokes almost max. health the boss is gonna make you the harvest thing and its gonna boost itself..

You need to go through phase 1 and 2 without receiving any hit, just the roots from phase 2 and then the 3rd boss is gonna make you the 1 turn charge attack.

• 2 weeks later...