[Screenshot Contest] Drip or Drown (Monday, 8th April - Monday, 15th April)

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone that participated in this event! You guy's gave some great submissions and really showed us how stylish you are! I'd also like to thank our judges @Playnerx@thenathanfred@Revz for taking their time to help judge these amazing entries. Without further ado here are our winners!

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place

@Axelgor

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place

@opmas

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd Place

@CarolML

Congratulations to all our winners!

Scoring and judges thoughts

Spoiler

Calculating the winner was based on a point system for how each judge individually ranked their top three entries. The players with the highest total of points were then ranked from 1st to 3rd.

• 1st Place - 3 points
  • 2nd Place - 2 points
  • 3rd Place - 1 point

The judges thoughts and scoring are as follows:

Playnerx

Spoiler

1st place:
Axellgor

2nd place:
benjascog

3rd Place:
undel

I'll start with third place:
I think the screenshot of undel is really beautiful because it uses a color combo in line with both the characters, the companion pokémon and the location of the photo.
Suicune with the white and light blue color palette goes well with the light blue place lights, bulbasaur with the green is very cute considering the plants and the yellow of riolu complements the plant with the pot.
The characters have outfits with a color very similar to the pokémons and it makes everything more beautiful!
Third place, not bad!

Second place:
I really like the screenshot from benjascog because it represents everything the contest required.
A sort of snow guardian, together with his Sneasel which is obviously an ice type.
The color palette is perfect, they are practically one and they complement each other.
But not only that, the boy's outfit is also in line with regards to the design, for example the red scarf that tends towards the left, while Sneasel's tails or red ear tend towards the right and have the same colour.
Well deserved second place!

First place:
Here we have a real example of style and imagination.
He got everything right and enclosed it in a single, flawless screenshot.
The atmosphere of the place is just right, a relic that recalls a divine place, with columns leading to an important place, such as the entrance to the temple.
The color palette used is perfect, white which goes very well with the divine/Greek atmosphere and a yellow which is often considered the main color of divine beings.
The companion pokémon is perfect, the legs reminiscent of columns and colors aligned supremely.
First place without a doubt.

thenathanfred

Spoiler

1st place: Opmas
I have a soft spot for the backdrop location. Cool idea with the samurai outfits and the dogs, yes they're dogs. Overall, I appreciate how well thought out it is. 

2nd place: Axelgor
The drip is real. If this contest is based solely off drip, Axelgor automatically gets 1st place. Everything fits together nicely and makes for a good submission. 

3rd place: CarolML
Ninetales is my favorite mon, end of story lol. But in all seriousness, the backdrop, the outfit, the follower, it all makes for a nice scene. 

Revz

Spoiler

1st. opmas
Ah the perfect location of Bellchime trail, the drip is astounding, matching with the 3 respective legendary beasts (cats) is just beautiful to see. It was hard to pick the top 3, but easy for me to pick this as my number 1. 

2nd. VadimEmpoleon
Again another great use of location to help amplify the drip. What better attire to where in a spooky location than a Ghost Costume? Paired with Litwick and a Ghostly Lantern to light the way is a nice touch.

3rd. Axelgor
I am like a broken record talking about how good the location has been with each of these. The drip is nice and matches his companion well, but its the location that brings it all together.

Final thoughts:
Drip is not only about the outfit, but also how it is used all together as one with the surroundings. It was nice to go through each of the entries and see what people had to show. There were many that were close runner ups and it makes me wish we could select more. 

Tsiy

Spoiler

1st Place CarolML- I think that everything from the outfit to the shiny ninetales to the location of the picture really compliments each other. The blue and silver color scheme really goes a long way in making this stick out.

2nd Place Axelgor - I think the theme of mount Olympus really suits the setting for the picture. The silver and gold really meshes well with his outfit, and the theme of ascending to the place of God’s work well with the overall image.

3rd Place - undel - I think that the subtle compliments of color really makes this picture work well. The blue from the shiny suicune meshes well with blue streaks running through the ground, the shiny bulbasaur compliments the vibrant trees, and the shiny riolu matches up perfectly with the pot for the tree. Each person and pokemon plays their role well in making the picture look great.

1st place - Axelgor 8 points
2nd place - opmas 6 points
3rd place - CarolML 4 points
4-6th place - benjascog, VadimEmpoleon, & undel 2 points

• Tsiy locked this topic