Team member actions logs (Add/Expel members) Guild management improvements

Shadow84700

Question

Posted (edited)

English :

Well, when will we see the guild logs to know which member added which member and which member kicked which member???? We're tired of having to play investigator and being pushed to ban member invitations in the middle of a recruitment drive simply because we have no way of knowing which member did what. Please really add that! It's horrible to turn the Guild into a place of mistrust and doubt where everyone blames each other.

French :

Eh bien, quand verrons-nous les journaux de guilde pour savoir quel membre a ajouter quel membre et quel membre a expulser quel membre ???? Nous en avons assez de devoir jouer aux enquêteurs et d'être poussés à interdire les invitations de membres en pleine campagne de recrutement simplement parce que nous n'avons aucun moyen de savoir quel membre a fait quoi. S'il vous plaît, ajoutez vraiment ça! C'est horrible de transformer la Guilde en un lieu de méfiance et de doute où chacun accuse l'autre.

Edited by Shadow84700

18 answers to this question

It is your responsibility to choose members that will communicate such things when given permissions beyond a regular member. Should you choose to give these permissions to anyone, it does not become a problem of the developers. Many teams operate quite well using the current system, I would suggest becoming more acquainted with your members before giving them higher rankings.

That being said, this has been suggested many times, and I would assume that you don't need to ping a developer on this topic. Regardless, I will upvote because surely this suggestion could serve to benefit lesser organized teams.

28 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It is your responsibility to choose members that will communicate such things when given permissions beyond a regular member. Should you choose to give these permissions to anyone, it does not become a problem of the developers. Many teams operate quite well using the current system, I would suggest becoming more acquainted with your members before giving them higher rankings.

That being said, this has been suggested many times, and I would assume that you don't need to ping a developer on this topic. Regardless, I will upvote because surely this suggestion could serve to benefit lesser organized teams.

I understand you agree, but I do wanna point out that while most teams operate well under the current system, I think most teams would also appreciate this change. Teams operate well because there are literally so few things that could go wrong due to there being basically no features to a team. It's been suggested with more nuance a lot though, even I suggested it earlier in the year. I think team logs should be implemented and its pretty odd that they're not

9 minutes ago, Strodex said:

I understand you agree, but I do wanna point out that while most teams operate well under the current system, I think most teams would also appreciate this change. Teams operate well because there are literally so few things that could go wrong due to there being basically no features to a team. It's been suggested with more nuance a lot though, even I suggested it earlier in the year. I think team logs should be implemented and its pretty odd that they're not

I really do understand the position, but there have been a few statements about the focus of developers, and while team improvements is on the list, it's behind some other major changes that need to occur before they can properly estimate the team improvements. Otherwise it risks rebuilding any systemic changes they make from the ground up to suit something of higher priority(i.e. major GUI changes).

I likely could have explained my position a bit better, but the way this was worded led me to believe this team being mentioned has too many high ranking members.

6 hours ago, Michelle said:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this guy's suggestion. The internet is not as trustworthy and ideal as you think. We can never fully trust a teammate even if we've been with them for years, and even if we've communicated with them for the longest time, because the internet doesn't provide any means of accountability unless we purposely impose such things in a proper system. This is simply about transparency and wanting to suggest this kind of system does not automatically mean your team is "lesser organized". This is simply to suggest a system that puts on record certain team activities so we don't have to trouble ourselves with a whodunit incase unprecedented beef stirs between officers vs members/commanders vs memebers/executives vs lower ranks, etc. would affect the team as a whole.

I think this is a great idea, and it would benefit all teams in general.

Edited by Transendence
4 hours ago, Transendence said:

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this guy's suggestion. The internet is not as trustworthy and ideal as you think. We can never fully trust a teammate even if we've been with them for years, and even if we've communicated with them for the longest time, because the internet doesn't provide any means of accountability unless we purposely impose such things in a proper system. This is simply about transparency and wanting to suggest this kind of system does not automatically mean your team is "lesser organized". This is simply to suggest a system that puts on record certain team activities so we don't have to trouble ourselves with a whodunit incase unprecedented beef stirs between officers vs members/commanders vs memebers/executives vs lower ranks, etc. would affect the team as a whole.

I think this is a great idea, and it would benefit all teams in general.

I never said anything was wrong with the suggestion, and even supported it. I also mentioned a typically suggested approach to having a team run without such things occurring, and leading to unnecessary issues. Bumping the thread with the developers pinged isn't a typical approach however, and might result in someone explaining how it currently works for many teams. While it surely would be a nice addition, it is confirmed to be less of a priority at the moment.

Edited by Michelle
12 hours ago, Michelle said:

I really do understand the position, but there have been a few statements about the focus of developers, and while team improvements is on the list, it's behind some other major changes that need to occur before they can properly estimate the team improvements. Otherwise it risks rebuilding any systemic changes they make from the ground up to suit something of higher priority(i.e. major GUI changes).

I likely could have explained my position a bit better, but the way this was worded led me to believe this team being mentioned has too many high ranking members.

I don't think there's any issues with a player wanting a focus somewhere else than the devs vision. Obviously it won't change the fact, but I think that the fact that teams in an MMO aren't a high priority is certainly an odd choice lol. I seriously can't think of any other major changes that are more important than teams fundamentally having more features. Even raids, if they utilize the team system, would benefit from having a decent idea of how teams work first. Also shadow literally didn't even comment on the devs position or priorities, they only tagged the devs. Something plenty of people have done in the suggestions forum. Whilst you shouldn't really do that, you're making a huge assumption off of what was probably just trying to get someones attention

1 hour ago, Strodex said:

I don't think there's any issues with a player wanting a focus somewhere else than the devs vision. Obviously it won't change the fact, but I think that the fact that teams in an MMO aren't a high priority is certainly an odd choice lol. I seriously can't think of any other major changes that are more important than teams fundamentally having more features. Even raids, if they utilize the team system, would benefit from having a decent idea of how teams work first. Also shadow literally didn't even comment on the devs position or priorities, they only tagged the devs. Something plenty of people have done in the suggestions forum. Whilst you shouldn't really do that, you're making a huge assumption off of what was probably just trying to get someones attention

I never said there was an issue, I was just explaining where my opinions might've come off as dismissive because I had that information from previous discussions in similar suggestions in which devs did reply. It is quite clear they simply wanted to get their attention, that is just enough for me to assume there is a lack of information happening. I don't think that's an unfair assumption either considering other recent suggestions by this user are also in the realm of team changes, and have replies similar to mine that just explain how things currently work. Just to be clear, I am not attempting to discourage, only inform to lessen their frustrations with the inevitable wait for a team improvements update.

Posted (edited)

Adding logs is not a big job it only takes a few days, it's basic in game programming, I don't think I'll give them extra work, it's not a hard thing to do and its does not take much time to set up I have confidence in the development team I know that they do a great job and that there will be no problems for them

And I wouldn't be discouraged, it's been 2 years since I asked them for this and I will continue as long as it takes

Edited by Shadow84700
Posted (edited)

⚠️

- To vote you must:

- Created an account on the official PokeMMO forum website

- And click on the little arrow above the number of votes ( On the little hat ^ ) ( See the screenshot below )

⚠️

Screenshot_20240608_190000_Chrome.png.5da267f63f43de3297df2c0e117bef41.png

Edited by Shadow84700
13 hours ago, Shadow84700 said:

Adding logs is not a big job it only takes a few days, it's basic in game programming, I don't think I'll give them extra work, it's not a hard thing to do and its does not take much time to set up I have confidence in the development team I know that they do a great job and that there will be no problems for them

And I wouldn't be discouraged, it's been 2 years since I asked them for this and I will continue as long as it takes

As I'd said above, it just isn't a priority, and forcing development on a team update could result in remaking any updates made from the ground up. It is best for the developers to do things in the order they see fit to reduce their workload. Big task or not, this is just how it has been explained before.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Michelle said:

As I'd said above, it just isn't a priority, and forcing development on a team update could result in remaking any updates made from the ground up. It is best for the developers to do things in the order they see fit to reduce their workload. Big task or not, this is just how it has been explained before.

Where is this roadmap that you talk about so often ? 

Edited by Shadow84700
8 hours ago, Shadow84700 said:

Where is this roadmap that you talk about so often ? 

Not so much of a roadmap, just assorted comments from developers when these things are brought up.

It would also be nice to have a little more in terms of team moderation options. Right now if we need to tell someone to chill out or whatever and they don't, the only real option is to kick. While I think many teams have found ways to handle things the best they can and are making it work - it wouldn't hurt to have things like mutes/timeouts or even some sort of infraction system that team leaders could use.