[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

We should have channel 9 become an option in the channel list. "Why is this a good idea?", you ask? One of the most complained about problems is the "cancerous" dialouge of global and channel chat. It is simply annoying for veteran players to read the text scrolling in global or channel chat.

[color=#0000cd][size=5]That being said, I propose channel 9![/size][/color]

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m99s2xtKbo1rsw1yf.gif[/img]

[b]Channel 9 is restricted to users who have [u]350+ hours, or donator status[/u].[/b] It has many benefits, which include :
1. [size=6]Better Channel Chat[/size]
2. [size=6]Being a perk for long-time players[/size]
3. [size=5]Better Tournament Locations[/size] [size=1](new players will not be running around)[/size]
4. Encourages Donations
5. Increases veteran player moral
6. Encouraging game play
7. Providing a small goal to achieve
8. Giving a channel for all of us to call home, once again

Additional Comments :

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1367814269' post='322432']
[size=3]I think the number can be variable and worked out... for my tastes, I would say 500+ (or higher) would be even better![/size]

[size=3]I would not think this suggestion as a way of keeping the noobs/etc.etc. out, but allowing for people that have played the game a good amount to have an additional perk for doing so.

tl;dr meh, sounds good to me :D[/size]
[/quote]
[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367814706' post='322448']
I'm just using the word veteran, because it is the easiest adjective, that I can think of, to describe someone with more experience than others. [b]Please stop getting so bent up about the word "veteran"[/b].
[/quote]

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367812746' post='322387']
"Veteran"
[/quote]
Or, the not noob channel? What else would you like me to call it? "Veteran" is just a quick adjective to describe the idea. If you comment, talk about the actual merits of the idea.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367812803' post='322389']
Or, the not noob channel? What else would you like me to call it? "Veteran" is just a quick adjective to describe the idea. If you comment, talk about the actual merits of the idea.
[/quote] This is pointless. There are barely any players at all on some channels, if you don't like Global, disable it.

All the "veterans" can go to channel 6 and talk in Channel Chat. It is the same as this suggestion.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367813016' post='322399']
This is pointless. There are barely any players at all on some channels, if you don't like Global, disable it.

All the "veterans" can go to channel 6 and talk in Channel Chat. It is the same as this suggestion.
[/quote]
So, you really beleive that the vast majority of forum users would not like a standard channel chat with little to no noobs? I don't think so.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367813197' post='322404']
So, you really don't beleive that the vast majority of forum users would not like a standard channel chat with little to no noobs? I don't think so.
[/quote] I see what you mean, but the time spent doing this could be spent doing something of more use.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367813245' post='322405']
I see what you mean, but the time spent doing this could be spent doing something of more use.
[/quote]

You could say that about[i] literally[/i] any suggestion. For example : [color=#000080]I think subsitute should be implemented. Well, what about Hoenn? And, vice versa. [/color]
If it's a good suggestion, say so, and it it's a bad suggestion, say so. The developers can decide when to implement what they want. With that being said, I don't even think this is diffucult to implement. It's just a 9th channel that check if you have a certain number of hours to your account or character.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367813376' post='322410']
If you make a forum-only channel, it'll slowly turn into another global. Where users make forum accounts, post a certain amount of posts and are eligible to be in that channel.
[/quote]
I didn't mean that this would literally become a forum-only channel. I think you misinterpreted what i meant.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1367813488' post='322414']
Spending over 100 hours on the game can still make you act like an idiot.
[/quote]
Its an arbitrary number. A 100 hour requirement weeds out [i]most[/i] of the idiotic speech, but if 150,200,or 250 sounds good to the community, so be it. Also, you can never truly defeat 100% of b/s on a channel chat.

100 hours is fine.
Anyone above 100 hours is no longer a noob (in the sense of "new player"). Any quesitons concerning the storyline will be filtered out, and most pokemmo-exclusive mechanics were probably already learned such as jumping being impossible, why don't the drink machines work etc.
It's not idiot-proof, but it's noob-proof. Which aren't the same.

Donator status is irrelevant, any noob can be a donator.
If you're gonna make a veteran channel, 100 hours condition is sufficient.

[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1367813900' post='322422']
Donator status is irrelevant, any noob can be a donator.
[/quote]

If you pay money to play the game, you should be able to access a public channel. That's my thought.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367813976' post='322423']
If you pay money to play the game, you should be able to access a public channel. That's my thought.
[/quote]

There's 8 other channels and the game is free.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367813651' post='322416']
You could say that about[i] literally[/i] any suggestion. For example : [color=#000080]I think subsitute should be implemented. Well, what about Hoenn? And, vice versa. [/color]
If it's a good suggestion, say so, and it it's a bad suggestion, say so. The developers can decide when to implement what they want. With that being said, I don't even think this is diffucult to implement. It's just a 9th channel that check if you have a certain number of hours to your account or character.
[/quote] How about this, the devs could spend their time implementing something that would benefit the game.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367814145' post='322428']
This benefits the game.
[/quote]In what way? There are a lot of new players, yes, and old ones. The developers ought to be spending their time doing something for both than just one group of people.

I like this suggestion. Like you mentioned NaitDawg, I think the number can be variable and worked out... for my tastes, I would say 500+ (or higher) would be even better!

I don't think it would be that hard or time consuming to implement (seeing they already keep track of the hours played, and there is a button used to change channels...(seems straightforward enough to me, fwiw)).

I would not think this suggestion as a way of keeping the noobs/etc.etc. out, but allowing for people that have played the game a good amount to have an additional perk for doing so.

tl;dr meh, sounds good to me :D

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367814240' post='322430']
In what way? There are a lot of new players, yes, and old ones. The developers ought to be spending their time doing something for both than just one group of people.
[/quote]

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367812585' post='322378']
1. [size=6]Better Channel Chat[/size]
2. [size=5]Better Tournament Locations[/size] [size=1](new players will not be running around)[/size]
3. Encourages Donations
4. Increases veteran player moral
[/quote]

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367812585' post='322378']
[b] [u]100+ hours, or donator status[/u].[/b]
[/quote]

Neither of these make you a veteran. 100 hours isnt hard to hit and donating hardly makes anyone less of a noob. While I support the idea of a channel with less garbage, If you dont like reading it you can simply turn those chats off.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1367814403' post='322440']
There is nothing wrong with current tourney locations.
[b]The current tournament locations are obviously usable, but not having random noobs battling npc's in the dojo, during a tournament, is a big plus.[/b]
When you say better, it will be a lot worse than you make Global out to be.
[b]I don't see your reasoning. Why would a more informed and experience populace be worse than the current global?[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1367814624' post='322446']
[b]Neither of these make you a veteran.[/b] 100 hours isnt hard to hit and donating hardly makes anyone less of a noob. While I support the idea of a channel with less garbage, If you dont like reading it you can simply turn those chats off.
[/quote]
I agree. Like i said, I'm just using the word veteran, because it is the easiest adjective, that I can think of, to describe someone with more experience than others.