[Implemented] Put "Player < > Cannot be Found" Message in Whisper Tabs

I originally posted this as a bug, but people just said it's not a bug, it's "normal"...so now it's a suggestion =)

How it currently is.
I type /whisper Bla
in my team chat which includes whispers OR in my whisper only chat

The message "Bla cannot be found" shows up in my normal tab, which is only visible if I switch tabs

How it should be I wish it was.

I type /whisper Bla
in my team chat which includes whispers OR in my whisper only chat

The message "Bla cannot be found" shows up in the tab in which I tried to whisper in.

Basically reply messages to whispers are "normal"-white when they should be "whisper"-green and visible from the whisper-tabs.

Anyone else find this annoying, or is it just me??

If it bothers you that much just know that if it didn't send that the person couldn't be found.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know if it was sent...I guess you could theorize that if they don't reply, they couldn't be found...but then you also might have typoed their name.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know if it was sent...I guess you could theorize that if they don't reply, they couldn't be found...but then you also might have typoed their name.

NAh nevermind, my mistake. Thought it didn't send the green message if they weren't online.  Though with your argument you can see if you typod or not, but that is irrelevant.  Personally I am still indifferent with this suggestion because I keep normal on in all of my chat tabs.

NAh nevermind, my mistake. Thought it didn't send the green message if they weren't online.  Though with your argument you can see if you typod or not, but that is irrelevant.  Personally I am still indifferent with this suggestion because I keep normal on in all of my chat tabs.

You are just indifferent with every suggestion

this^ i guess it makes sense for it to be in green or some seperate whisper tab but is it really that important?

You may keep normal chat in all your tabs, but I definitely don't...people who don't want white text in all their tabs will hide normal from their tabs.

Yes It makes sense for it to be in green (whether you choose to make this a separate whisper tab is already up to the user - yay!)

Is it important? Probably not, but it's annoying, and theoretically should/might be a quick fix =)

EDIT- btw, thanks to the mod/person/emlee who updated my title! cheers :)

this^ i guess it makes sense for it to be in green or some seperate whisper tab but is it really that important?

i dont think it's really something that will push other important things back, seems pretty simple. not like they'll be like "shit guys, we need to make that message a whisper, push hoenn back 4 more updates so we can fix this"

This seems like a much more logical way to do it. Support

No, it's actually not. We use that message for multiple things (Whispers, Social lists, Guild invites, etc.). A better way to deal with it would be to move it into a popup, rather than create multiple message types for the same message.

• 3 months later...