[Denied] Increase AFKMMO's AFK Timer

As it stands, the Egg Check occurs every 10 minutes. You AFK Timeout after 15 minutes. That gives us a 5 minute window to come look for an egg before we get timed out and have to restart the process again. Let's be honest, we can't do a hell of a lot in-game while we're waiting for eggs as we can't level things or EV train without the Amnesia Brace without losing our precious Egg Moves. So can we at least bring the AFK Timer up to like 20 or 30 minutes, since we know everyone is off playing something else while we wait and check on PokeMMO every 10 minutes for eggs?

I firmly believe the most prudent fix PokeMMO needs is removing move overwriting at the Daycare center. That would fix the "not much else we can do" argument.

Also, I've always felt 15 minutes is a legitimate time for any game, but I do think PokeMMO specifically could do with an increase.

Which isn't very often during the period where the sun is up for Europe/America I guess.

True. Just thought I'd point it out.

I don't necessarily support this suggestion (I'm neutral at best) because I think it could lead to greater abuse in the form of bots.

I do support changes to the breeding exp/move mechanics (as said by Atuan) so you can do things while waiting for eggs

I don't necessarily support this suggestion (I'm neutral at best) because I think it could lead to greater abuse in the form of bots.

Not to debunk your neutrality, but I think the AFK timer affects bots the least. Thanks for giving me a reason to bump this, by the way.

I think this is one way to solve for this problem.

For me, I usually get to my eggs rather quickly and consistently (I set an egg timer for 10 minutes and some odd seconds), so I usually am not kicked out unless I am grossly negligently afk (you know the whole: "Oh crap, I bet my eggs done... I have not checked it for a couple of hours"-- type of deal).

Maybe I can share my egg timer with you, and maybe that might fix your issue.

As for the suggestion, I am bound to get distracted for 15 minute as often as I get distracted for 30 minutes or an hour.... No amount of extra afk time will save me :D, so I won't miss it either way. The question is how much it would impact the server, and if they can spare us the couple of extra minutes or not... and if they can, I think more time would be better than less time.

There are two (that I know of) egg timers in the customization forum. I really wish they were stopwatches, but I've got the one to play some Zelda noises every 10 minutes - so I'm satisfied for now.

I don't think that's Plague's problem, though. The problem is that he has to AFK because he's limited to what he can do.

Yes, Please increase it to 20 minutes, because now I can't watch whole 20min anime serie without being disconneted for afk and have to go back to bikemmo and click a button there at intermission (half of serie) also ;s

As it stands, the Egg Check occurs every 10 minutes. You AFK Timeout after 15 minutes. That gives us a 5 minute window to come look for an egg before we get timed out and have to restart the process again. Let's be honest, we can't do a hell of a lot in-game while we're waiting for eggs as we can't level things or EV train without the Amnesia Brace without losing our precious Egg Moves. So can we at least bring the AFK Timer up to like 20 or 30 minutes, since we know everyone is off playing something else while we wait and check on PokeMMO every 10 minutes for eggs?

Amnesia Brace is also not working, also I support this idea. In addiction would be cool if when you logoff and you've the egg in the old man , when you logback in should be there as well.

But then if we get another surge of activity-there will be fewer people getting kicked for AFK.

Which means it'll take longer to get through queues.

So just don't touch how it is when the server is full.

I'm sure there's a way they could throw a code in that sets the standard AFK Timer to about 25 minutes. And when the server is full and a queue is initiated, the AFK Timer drops back down to its current time.

I'm sure there's a way they could throw a code in that sets the standard AFK Timer to about 30 minutes. And when the server is full and a queue is initiated, the AFK Timer drops back down to its current time.

This is how it already is, or at least was at a time. If they just fix the population threshold we'd be great, but it would definitely have an adverse effect on server population and that's probably not something they want. To me, as long as we're not seeing queues off-peak or too often, it would be fine.

I know breeding is insanely boring, right now, but you can still hunt/PvP/GC/chat while you're doing it.