[Denied]TM Distribution - a more feasible idea.

You're viewing it wrong - The Pokemon doesn't hold the TM, (Yes it does in game etc.)

But the idea is, you suck the move from the Pokemon and the reason you GET said TM from that Pokemon, is because it was put onto the disc.

If that makes sense.

You're not getting it!

TM 1 - Focus Punch

Machop

Machoke

My argument is that pokemon don't learn some of the TM's naturally, and the ones that do aren't found in the wild at the appropriate level. How are you "copying" focus punch onto your "technical machine" if he doesn't know that move?

You completely ignored my post!

[how can a pokemon] get a move "copied" onto a "Technical Machine" when the pokemon wouldn't normally learn it. You can justify this by coding wild pokemon to have these moves outside their normal level restricted moveset - but why go through that when I already solved the dilemma logically without a ton of additional coding?

You also ignored my counter suggestion which fills all the roles your idea, while still being logical easy to add.

Why not a shop that accepts items instead of money? Stardust or Pearls, for example.

Or perhaps make the held items that boost types be traded in for certain TMs e.g., I can trade my magnet in for Thunder, Thunderbolt or Shock Wave.

I don't see why its illogical for a Pokeon to be carrying around a disc, its not like some don't carry around extra beaks, an awkwardly shaped rock, or a scale that probably fell off of them.

Well, I can see how a Magneton picks up a magnet or you can pull a poison barb off of an Arbok, but sharp beaks don't make much sense unless you're actually taking the beak from a Fearow. That would mean 1/20 Fearows have particularly sharp beaks, which is just strange to explain.

This idea is too good not to use, I'll be peeved if this is not implemented!

Aha, thankyou very much :3 We'll see how it goes.

Darkshade why do you make awesome threads. I cant troll awesome threads.

Darkshade pls.

An Anz without trolling? I'm sorry Anz, what have I done, shall I call an ambulance? :(

Hang in there.

Like the idea but maybe an even lower percentage to keep them somewhat uncommon

The percentage is entirely up for debate.

this is a awesome idea because it gives the game more there is available to do, but why not just make them infinite use like in black and white? Although it would eliminate the value of tms it would also make tms more useful and not as much hassle like if you need a specific tm more than once and than have to go farm for hours again. I like this idea a lot though and think it would be a great idea and would improve the game play.

I like the idea very much, since TMs are currently extremely irriating to get. The only thing is I'd rather you get the TMs as drops when you defeat the wild pokemon, not when you catch them. Also the 1-5% chance seems a bit low imo.

I disagree with them being unlimited anyway, it causes the mentality that the guy suggesting that they should be unlimited has.

Well this should fit right into that :3

I like the idea very much, since TMs are currently extremely irriating to get. The only thing is I'd rather you get the TMs as drops when you defeat the wild pokemon, not when you catch them. Also the 1-5% chance seems a bit low imo.

Some say too low, some say too high, but you could always use thief.

when they implement more naturally held items like deepseascales/teeth and light balls, people are going to be farming those anyway right? then that increases their chances of getting TMS, it'd be a nice surprise for those who put in the time and effort, and once they implement the E4 then theres your source of infinite pokeballs, now isn't it?

when they implement more naturally held items like deepseascales/teeth and light balls, people are going to be farming those anyway right? then that increases their chances of getting TMS, it'd be a nice surprise for those who put in the time and effort, and once they implement the E4 then theres your source of infinite pokeballs, now isn't it?

I completely agree :3

Awesome idea, and as I don't want to just simply agree I will even add why!

When I found Thunder I was torn between teaching it to a gengar or electabuzz. Electabuzz learns it without TM gengar doesn't. Gengar got TM

Unless I misunderstood somewhere what you meant XD

Awesome idea, and as I don't want to just simply agree I will even add why!

When I found Thunder I was torn between teaching it to a gengar or electabuzz. Electabuzz learns it without TM gengar doesn't. Gengar got TM

Unless I misunderstood somewhere what you meant XD

I think so?

Pokemon that can learn the moves in some way, hold the TM's.

People think catching pokemon is difficult? Since when!?

False swipe and spore or thunder wave dramatically increase the catch rate.

The only pokemon immune to both false swipe and spore, currently, is Shuppet. And that'll be gone in 2-3 weeks. And it can still be paralyzed.

The only other exceptions to this are pokemon that can only be encountered in the safari zone. But y'know what? It wouldn't be fun if there was no challenge to a game.

People think balls are expensive? Since when!?

Pokeballs are $200 each.

Great Balls are $600 each.

By running through the four beauties east of Fuchsia, four Gamblers east of Vermillion, and 2 gamblers west of Lavender, you can get $66816. $88816 if you use a level 100 amulet coin pay dayer to defeat them. And they can all be Vs Seeker battled daily. So that's $66816/$200 = 334.08 pokeballs. If you used amulet coin pay day on a level 100, that's $88816/$200, for a total of 444.08 pokeballs. In addition, you can afford five more pokeballs for every wild encounter pay dayed, on a level 100 with amulet coin. And there's no cap on how many of one item you can carry. It only lets you stack 99 per stack, but I've personally bought a thousand pokeballs before without issue. If we're talking Great balls, it would be $66816/$600 for 111.36 great balls, if a 100 pay dayer was used, $88816/$600 for 148.0266666666667 great balls. Ultra balls are honestly a waste of money if you're using the false swipe + sleep/paralyze method to increase catch rates, so I'm not going to bother with the math.

TL;DR

You should learn to play pokemon before you try to tell people things are too hard or too expensive. Because you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Relevant to OP: I love this suggestion, and I hope it's in the process of being added, or at least being favorably considered.

People think catching pokemon is difficult? Since when!?

False swipe and spore or thunder wave dramatically increase the catch rate.

The only pokemon immune to both false swipe and spore, currently, is Shuppet. And that'll be gone in 2-3 weeks. And it can still be paralyzed.

The only other exceptions to this are pokemon that can only be encountered in the safari zone. But y'know what? It wouldn't be fun if there was no challenge to a game.

People think balls are expensive? Since when!?

Pokeballs are $200 each.

Great Balls are $600 each.

By running through the four beauties east of Fuchsia, four Gamblers east of Vermillion, and 2 gamblers west of Lavender, you can get $66816. $88816 if you use a level 100 amulet coin pay dayer to defeat them. And they can all be Vs Seeker battled daily. So that's $66816/$200 = 334.08 pokeballs. If you used amulet coin pay day on a level 100, that's $88816/$200, for a total of 444.08 pokeballs. In addition, you can afford five more pokeballs for every wild encounter pay dayed, on a level 100 with amulet coin. And there's no cap on how many of one item you can carry. It only lets you stack 99 per stack, but I've personally bought a thousand pokeballs before without issue. If we're talking Great balls, it would be $66816/$600 for 111.36 great balls, if a 100 pay dayer was used, $88816/$600 for 148.0266666666667 great balls. Ultra balls are honestly a waste of money if you're using the false swipe + sleep/paralyze method to increase catch rates, so I'm not going to bother with the math.

TL;DR

You should learn to play pokemon before you try to tell people things are too hard or too expensive. Because you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Relevant to OP: I love this suggestion, and I hope it's in the process of being added, or at least being favorably considered.

I think I'll quote this next time I'm asked.

I completely agree, and it should be natural, since a large percentage of the game relies on catching, it's not really a valid complaint to be caring about doing more, especially with these figures.

Thankyou very much for the support.

I support this and all of its ideas.

Thankyou~

Fix'd

Oh you. c:

To avoid full boxes off shitty Pokémons you don't want; the feature to release a Pokémon right when you catch it should be available, also items should go directly to your bag.

Works for me~

However it is done.