[Denied]TM Distribution - a more feasible idea.

It would be awesome to have users offline stores.

For example an area of a map is selected where you can place a bag or something before you get offline and you can put items to sell in there.

I think pokemon could be included. It'd be nice to check pokemon for trade/sale without being stressed, specially for IVs. I can get really stressed when someone wants to trade but I want to check up on the IVs to be sure it's a good pokemon. In worst cases, I've traded first and checked afterwards. People might say the pokemon has incredible IVs, only to scam stressed people.

If the person would just leave the pokemons info, being offline, we could peacefully check the pokemons.

You're suggesting some sort of Auction house?

I think it'd be better with an "offline" market (set prices), in addition to an "offline" action house and then we have the trade chat for the rest. Putting a desirable item or pokemon in the "offline" auction sections with a small fee, or buy an "offline" market stand where you could dump a larger number of lesser desirable things at a set price.

If you don't think it's worth it, you might as well use the trade chat!

I think pokemon could be included. It'd be nice to check pokemon for trade/sale without being stressed, specially for IVs. I can get really stressed when someone wants to trade but I want to check up on the IVs to be sure it's a good pokemon. In worst cases, I've traded first and checked afterwards. People might say the pokemon has incredible IVs, only to scam stressed people.

If the person would just leave the pokemons info, being offline, we could peacefully check the pokemons.

I think it'd be better with an "offline" market (set prices), in addition to an "offline" action house and then we have the trade chat for the rest. Putting a desirable item or pokemon in the "offline" auction sections with a small fee, or buy an "offline" market stand where you could dump a larger number of lesser desirable things at a set price.

If you don't think it's worth it, you might as well use the trade chat!

The last bit is a Mart surely? and an auction house would work online and 'offline'

Anyway were going off topic. =P

This is actully a really good idea i look forward into seeing this ;o

Thankyou, and let's hope so! :3

Great idea :D

Thankyou :3

I love the idea. My one complaint (excuse me if it's been voiced already) ... you can get Flamethrower from the Game corner when implemented. Not saying that this is idea-breaking, just thought I'd point it out.

Honestly, GREAT idea.

It has been voiced already, my response was that Magmar was an example, but Magmar could also hold the TM too, it wouldn't affect anything in a bad way :)

And thankyou~

My, isn't this an active topic!

I really like this idea. When I played Pokémon Gold for the first time I spent hours catching crap in hope for some nice item. Didn't happen until way later in the game though. I never got why they didn't pay more attention this.

I'm lazy, so I didn't read the entire thread, but I did notice someone saying it was unreliable because it'd require luck and an insane amount of Poké Balls: I'm not sure if this is implemented yet, but once the hold items and attack are finished, we could easily hunt for items by spaming a team of Thief users. I did this a lot in the Kanto part of Gold.

Iirc, Pokémon with more than one possible held item, have been introduced in Generation 2, so it's not impossible. Hunting for rares might become troll though =3

My, isn't this an active topic!

I really like this idea. When I played Pokémon Gold for the first time I spent hours catching crap in hope for some nice item. Didn't happen until way later in the game though. I never got why they didn't pay more attention this.

I'm lazy, so I didn't read the entire thread, but I did notice someone saying it was unreliable because it'd require luck and an insane amount of Poké Balls: I'm not sure if this is implemented yet, but once the hold items and attack are finished, we could easily hunt for items by spaming a team of Thief users. I did this a lot in the Kanto part of Gold.

Iirc, Pokémon with more than one possible held item, have been introduced in Generation 2, so it's not impossible. Hunting for rares might become troll though =3

Completely agree, and as for the last part - that's why they're called rares =P

A problem is that in FRLG held items are are assigned 5%/50%/100% on wild pokes. I don't know how much control the devs have over wild held items since held items aren't implemented at all yet. If they could add a 1% column like in fifth generation games, that would be excellent for TMs or any other rare item people would want to farm for (leftovers, focus bands, rare berries, and so on).

see: http://bulbapedia.bu..._wild_held_item

A problem is that in FRLG held items are are assigned 5%/50%/100% on wild pokes. I don't know how much control the devs have over wild held items since held items aren't implemented at all yet. If they could add a 1% column like in fifth generation games, that would be excellent for TMs or any other rare item people would want to farm for (leftovers, focus bands, rare berries, and so on).

see: http://bulbapedia.bu..._wild_held_item

I'm fairly sure the devs would be able to alter the items and rates without too much trouble :)

Question. Would all the TM's have a pokemon counterpart?

Yep

I don't see why not. Except the department store and game corner ones already have an unlimited supply, so those wouldn't need to be put in the wild.

Including those, they wouldn't be worth searching for, but a nice extra if you catch a Pokemon and it's holding them.

Doesn't feel complete if we don't include those too :3

I still think that if this idea were put in at the very least the prices of those TMs would triple, or more.

No they wouldn't, they'd have to be cheaper if you trading them away, or people would just go to the store.

The Game Corner ones however would be worth slightly less, and wouldn't be so ridiculously overpriced, but still expensive

This would make the TM for thief a lot more useful to.

That is very true :)

No they wouldn't, they'd have to be cheaper if you trading them away, or people would just go to the store.

The Game Corner ones however would be worth slightly less, and wouldn't be so ridiculously overpriced, but still expensive

I meant the store prices would need to triple, so that there can be a player market for them while having a higher ceiling. The Game Corner ones can stay at the same prices I think, as straight up buying coins for the TMs would cost you like 80k for ice beam/thunderbolt/flamethrower

I meant the store prices would need to triple, so that there can be a player market for them while having a higher ceiling. The Game Corner ones can stay at the same prices I think, as straight up buying coins for the TMs would cost you like 80k for ice beam/thunderbolt/flamethrower

Possibly, there's nothing wrong with some TM's having a 'set price' though,

rather than having the prices adapt, those finding the TM would have to go cheaper.

That's never a bad thing. :3

Possibly, there's nothing wrong with some TM's having a 'set price' though,

rather than having the prices adapt, those finding the TM would have to go cheaper.

That's never a bad thing. :3

Unless the store price is so cheap that it's not worth hunting for it. But I could just be overthinking.