[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Sorry I haven't been around for a long time. I've been pretty busy and I work pretty slow anyway because I'm stubborn and unreasonable and I refuse to use bases.

Cleaned Chansey up a bit, changed the face and some of the outlining, and made a backsprite. I'm still not too fond of it though. I really don't like how dark the outline of the hair is, but if I replace it with the dark pink the outline is too light. If anyone can help with cleaning it further/making it look less derpy, I'll be very grateful^^

umrlj.pngfw4mm0.png

Some fixes to Tyrogue, though the arms are still kind of weird and he looks a little too feminine. Some of the outlining on the body is too heavy and probably needs fixing. Backsprite to come.

2uq0fpw.png

Pineco-chan, because why not. Tried out a new eye-style. I'm having trouble making the pine cone skirt look like a pine cone.

5lq5fm.png

I have a few designs in mind for syncing Blissey with Chansey, but I haven't gotten around to spriting them yet. Updated Blissey should be posted Sunday evening at the latest.

15 hours ago, toottoot said:

Some fixes to Tyrogue, though the arms are still kind of weird and he looks a little too feminine. Some of the outlining on the body is too heavy and probably needs fixing. Backsprite to come.

2uq0fpw.png

I think the hair should be switched to brown like the evolution. That may help in making him less feminine. Also, that undershirt resembles a sarashi, which is a woman's garment when worn around the chest.

Considering the age, he's probably not going to be overtly masculine. however...

On 2/23/2016 at 1:21 AM, Septentrion said:

On tyrogue: Maybe he could be a boy flexing muscles that he doesn't really have, like a 12 year old boy in front of a mirror.

EDIT:

0nP0mGB.png

fixed the use of two blacks

Edited by Septentrion

BO3RQt2.png

Worked on the back sprite. Hat is giving me headache. I can't even figure out how her wings are suppose to look.

9dmZoZy.png

His left leg bothers me as I have no idea what's the optimal way of drawing the leg like that. I'm sure someone could draw better wings.

Edited by Septentrion

Ok, so you guy seem busy but can I ask if there are any plans to change the gameplay slightly so that more pokemon would be gettable?

Leafeon, for example, can't be found in Fire Red unless you trade one from gold and silver, and I don't believe there's a Moemon Gold version.

So if you could consider that for a future patch, I'll be thankful. 

@Jonikari

Do you even Pokemon?  Leafeon is from gen. 4, Fire Red is gen. 3, Gold and Silver are gen. 2.  You can't get Leafeon in Gold or Silver, and you can't trade Leafeon to Fire Red anyways.  There are no plans to change the gameplay, but if you want to make more/different Pokemon available to catch, there is something called a randomizer that can change things up for you.

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Kickern said:

@Jonikari

Do you even Pokemon?  Leafeon is from gen. 4, Fire Red is gen. 3, Gold and Silver are gen. 2.  You can't get Leafeon in Gold or Silver, and you can't trade Leafeon to Fire Red anyways.  There are no plans to change the gameplay, but if you want to make more/different Pokemon available to catch, there is something called a randomizer that can change things up for you.

Sorry, I meant Espeon.

13 hours ago, Jonikari said:

Sorry, I meant Espeon.

As far as I know Espeon and Umbreon aren't an available evolution in FR/LG because there aren't any day or night cycles for them to evolve. There are, however, other mods you could install that do have more/all of the Pokemon up until gen 3 available. However, installing these along with the moemon patch could easily corrupt some part of the game.

@ZiggyZag

I feel these two looks better.

MgzdLqb.pngscy3.png

Magnemite is actually quite cute, but if we could shrink the body by like 10% she would feel more fitting. This is what we got so far for Magneton and another Magnemite draft. Personally I feel the Magneton could be a bit larger.

s29uzt.pngMagneton1.pngMagnetonback.pngsm8rdf.png1zxy7nm.png

While I was surfing backward, I remembered these guys. I'd recommend using the Swampert to mod as another.

205fw1w.pngx5b592.jpg24n34o5.jpgkdmr9k.png2uivthc.png 

@laGashetaHardcore

What ever happened to going with the design you posted a while back?

http://imgur.com/gallery/kXIYVm2/new

Soooooo this is OldRapperHobo, couldn't log in that one cause i had this one and things only wanted to change this account's pass so i'm on this one now, so yippie

but anyways, i attempted to fix Steelix's...well its a jpg soooooooo it needed fixing, ive also done edits of my own.

9b5d305e-4143-11e6-8e2d-351fca679871.gif pure, un-jpg-ified i put this here too because if anyone wants to edit it "of scratch"

8c7ac1ab-4143-11e6-842c-351fca679871.gif my edits.

EDIT : forgot to mention, done edits to the sword on both versions

Edited by MeDOKTOR

@MeDOKTOR

Well the thing was that it was more than 16 colors from my copy and paste, and I didn't want to remove the colors just yet. What format it is in while it is in the editing mode doesn't really matter as long the final product is corrected to 16 colors indexed png.

broken4.jpgimage.png

Putting them side by side, I think the sword looks worse, and you've lost all shading on the leg. Maybe combine the eye and shoe colors so you can free up a palette for the stockings.