[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Hi Kyonko and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your support.  I did not realize that the IPS patch worked with Fire Red 386.  That's really great.

328%20Trapinch%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

Editing my old Golbat:

042%20Golbat%20Front%20v1%20variations%2

I actually WANT to catch a Zubat and evolve it now.

Really? That would a lot less hassle then. :D

I assume you mean the Fire Red 386 IPS Patch?

Really loving the work you guys are putting out right now, btw. I feel like catching 'em all even more! XD

Yes, Fire Red 386. Patch it with Moemon FIRST, then the 386 IPS.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something about sprite editing. The bigger sprites like Caterpie end up going low due to a positioning problem because of offsets and other mumbo jumbo I don't understand. The Nameless doesn't have the capabilities to fix that issue, but you can get the Advanced Toolbox and that includes an extremely easy to use positioner for the pokemon sprites. So if you DO decide to put in the work and edit an existing ROMhack with Moemon you need both the Nameless Sprite editor and the Toolkit. If you decide to do this PM me and I'll show you how to get it done, I'm about halfway through editing a game myself.

@Kyonko

Do you know if you the Fire red 386 patch or other similar patch allows you to get the national dex early on?  Otherwise some pokemon won't evolve.

Back sprite, used a tropius base:
102%20Exeggcute%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

Sadly 386 does not. I had to unlock it using an action replay code. It must be deactivated to get the tea from the old lady and face Lorelei, but other than that it works glitch free. Ultra Violet has it occur naturally, and liquid crystal you have it as soon as you get the dex from Oak.

@Magi

Yeah we more than likely are. We're gonna post it on Youtube as well, and it'll be a full blown story. I haven't written a solid piece in a while. I'm approaching the story itself from a different angle since it's Moemon. It'd be kind of hard to explain away capturing girls in the wild. It'll be kind of a monster girl thing where they love fighting and make friends with humans easily, and Team Rocket will actually be the ones caging the poor girls up.

The run itself is a slightly modified version. Upon knockout there is a chance of survival depending on a die roll, with the difficulty being lower or higher to match any given situation. We haven't had anyone die yet but I know it's coming, and I'll probably be crying my eyes out when I write it.

As for the whole sprite editor thing... the good thing about it is I love these new geodude line sprites and the eggsecute+eggsecutor as well, and I don't have to wait for the next patch. I can just plop them right into my game. So awesome.

@Magi

That brown on the skirt looks a bit off. I can't place my finger on it, but I feel it's probably a bit too yellow. The hair is too yellow too; cut back a bit on the green-yellow and go for a sap green color for the highlights (or shift all the color down and have your current midtone be your highlight, current shade be your midtone, etc).

[spoiler]16.RALTS2.png

17.SALAMENCE6.png

18.CHIMECHO3.png

19.2ezmibm.png

20.1z6a6b6.png

21.2vd3atz.png

22.2ut2740.png

23.v40aoo.png

24.jt46cn.png

25.dea103.png

26.8wjmme.png

27.am9iix.png

28.EEVEE2.png

29.2nh0o5y.png

30.9ub5e8.png

[/spoiler]

Moemon that were not included:

Golbat - Is the backsprite going to be updated too, Magi?

Duduo/Dudrio - So close.

Pidgey family - You know why.

Plusle and Minun - Close but no cigar.

Magi's Dragonite edit - Still not fond of the face and hair and design.

Girafarig - Face is slightly better, but the entire body is out of proportion as a result. Design could be better.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: Go fix the ball, Lache.

EDIT 2: List complete. I like your avatar, Munya. Pity I dropped that show.

@Moetal

The golbat backsprite didn't need to be updated, the face is hidden from view.

Where's Gardevoir?

Electrode seems unfinished.

Lapras' face is small compared to the body and hair, and the lapras "ears" are tilted the wrong way considering the direction the face is tilted.  Also the hair from the front sprite is really messy.

Muk is too blurry to say anything about.

Edit:

Open question, what should I do next?  I have identified the following Gen I sprites as needing improvement:

Rattata line

Pidgey line

Spearow (or use Rache's below)

Ekans line

Pikachu line

Nidoran female line

NIdoran male line

Abra line

Drowzee line

Krabby line
Koffing line

Mr. Mime

Electabuzz

Pinsir

Gyarados

Ditto

Porygon

Omanyte line

Kabuto line

@Magi

In order, it would be Rattata and Ekans. I think you should work on the birds to be honest, since Lache is just making a lot of drafts and never finishing it. We'll never have complete birds at this rate. Pikachu and Raichu are a pretty high priority actually, since they're Pokemon mascots and all. Moemon mascot is Magikarp-tan, so Gyrados should be tackled eventually too. Lord Helix also when you have a chance because. Sneasel, while not in the gen I, was brought up multiple times and I feel it should be revamped when you have time. Lastly, Jolteon. Yes. Jolteon.

Right, I forgot maid Gardevoir. I'll swap in Golbat too then.

Electrode is unfinished, but better than the one we have. You want to fix it up before I add it in?

Lapras and Muk/Grimer are the same as above. Fix them?

@Lache

Feels incomplete technical wise. Design wise, I feel it could be pushed further.

Lache is just making a lot of drafts and never finishing it.

What's that? You want more drafts? I had a bit of time on my hands so sketched some things up last week. We all know that I'll never finish them all, so anyone is welcome to complete them or use them as bases for other moes. Names are at the top, and I'm rather fond of the top row, but most of the others will need heavy editing if used.

7cjHWBA.png

As for the birds, I could still get them done, but my time's a bit limited since the time I usually spent working on these is... Well, a bit shorter than it was. Will adjust Spearow though, but I'm not sure what I could really do to it.

As for Rattata, I made one earlier on in the thread, but I didn't get a backsprite done. Perhaps something could be done with it.

SYhzwz2.png

1hqujb.png