[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

This is mostly my lack of experience talking, but what steps usually have to be taken so that a patch for fire red can also be used for emerald version (or in my case, sigma emerald)? I've been following this thread for quite a while, but only just today realized 1.95 only applies to fire red. 

On 7/31/2016 at 10:51 AM, Moetal said:

@syrahl696

Try using this link instead. I actually had not tested the previous 1.95 version upload so I might've messed up things somewhere, but I've tested and know this copy of 1.95 works.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/oy2m2u

Please let me know if you have any other problems.

I just tried this file and it is working for me now! Sorry I couldn't try it till now but it works! Thank you for the help!

On 8/1/2016 at 11:45 AM, SOAForever said:

This is mostly my lack of experience talking, but what steps usually have to be taken so that a patch for fire red can also be used for emerald version (or in my case, sigma emerald)? I've been following this thread for quite a while, but only just today realized 1.95 only applies to fire red. 

Well the current patch only works on Fire Red. There are probably other patches floating around for Emerald, although they probably have a number of older sprites. You can also pretty easily move individual sprites from a Patched Fire Red to a Patched Emerald with nameless sprite editor and gimp(Emerald has 2 frame animations so you need to stack the spite ontop of itself in a 32x64 image)

Edited by LightEcho
aditional information

So, on a completely different subject from the current one...

Is Nidoking a reverse trap, female-to-male transgender, or just a standard male?

I'm pretty sure this was already answered, but if so, the answer was too vague for me to understand.

I'm using this project for a personal romhack (for my nuzlockes and general personal use), I'd credit this if I ever made it public or gave anyone else access.

But in order to keep it up to date I want to know all the changes made in the current and future updates. Would it be possible to get a full in-depth changelog as of 1.9 -> 1.9.5 and any future updates as they come? The reason for this is that I update the sprites manually in my romhack, since I've rearranged and modified/replaced some Pokemon.

Regards,
Neckbear

@Glavenus

Pokemon with a 100% male gender ratio are/will be male Moemon.

@Neckbear

If you're making your own romhack, then you should have the means to check which sprites were changed for yourself.  That being said, just for this one time only, I went ahead and made a list of the new sprites:

Spearow, Arcanine, Machop, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Ursaring

Edited by Kickern

@laGashetaHardcore

Spoiler

1.fist.png Could be polished a bit more, but it's very charming. Lack backsprite

2.dpwaat2.png Rough and lacking backsprite, but very dynamic

3.weez.png Need heavy polishing

4.fear3 Need polish

5.cowboy.png Male Tauros is the only path.

6.kdmr9k.png2uivthc.png Still need science

7.Va5JaF1.png Face could still be made even more moe. Maybe science the second Kingler's face onto this?

8.vVs9Hjb.png Lack backsprite

9.broken.pngbroken2.png left or right looks more natural?

Edited by Moetal

I just recently got into using hacked roms to change up my Pokemon experience and came across this one. I've played a little bit of it and am enjoying it quite a bit. However, I noticed that there isn't one for Leaf Green so I was wondering if every pokemon can be caught in this rom without trading? Thanks in advance and thanks for the work you put into this project.

Once again I return with a sprite. Probably as awful as usual as well.

Spoiler

LC94q.png

Unown, that small thing no one uses! If you remove the back ponytail, the hair itself looks more like an 'A'.

Edited by Swirly
Changing Image