[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Rache

Legendaries must be be in a set. I don't want Zappy to be by herself. If Magi is going to make the other two later, we might as well do a new Zappy too. Save this set for other bird imo. That face doesn't really suit Spearow.

@Rache

Legendaries must be be in a set. I don't want Zappy to be by herself. If Magi is going to make the other two later, we might as well do a new Zappy too. Save this set for other bird imo. That face doesn't really suit Spearow.

That's a pretty good point. This Zapdos could potentially make a really good Swellow.

After the talk on Shinnies, I was wondering if it might be a good idea for all the non-yellow Pokemon to become yellow-golden-ish color and yellow/orange/brown Pokemon to become black/blue/purple for the sake of easy identifying. Thoughts?

@Magi

I feel the right ear (the one at the dead center of the sprite) is a bit small compare to front sprite and the other ear. Enlarge it? Jolteon please.

Edit: The shading of the side bang (the hair below where the ear is) shouldn't have the highlight also, as it is being shadowed a bit by the front bang. The backhair doesn't need that much highlight for the middle-left, and the area left of it should be darker shaded.

Edit 2: Actually I can't tell where your light source is coming from. It's literally all over the place.

@Magi

Top middle straight down? Your back middle hair's highlight/second tone should be lower and not merged together at the bottom since there's no light from bottom. Remove the highlight on the sidebang where it's shadowed by the frontbang. Maybe use a bit of the darkest tone before above your highlight/second tone on the back hair.

@Magi

Looks a lot better. By back 'middle', I mean the center of the back hair. I'm not using very good word choices am I? If I was not being lazy and opened up my Photoshop, I would've just show you the changes directly.

14xdipu.pngic0fgh.png

Edit 2: See above.

Edit:

eleikm.png

Too moe for me. 

@Moetal

As a student, I ask if the highlights are removed, how can I give the hair volume?  Because the hair is "bulbous" (for lack of a better term), light shining directly from above would hit the part of the hair which curves outwards (towards the viewer) as it is not directly under anything, no?

Edit: Are you actually a ninja?  Or a psychic?

@Magi

See edit 2.

Edit: I'm moe, that's all it matters. Don't read my posts for the first 10 minutes or so, because I'm an idiot and I don't proofread till I submit, and I usually edit edit and edit some more. I was actually giving you advice for two approaches at the same time. One approach was to remove the highlight completely and in order to readd the volume, you deepen the tone of the hair and use the general tone as 'highlight'. The second approach was, as shown above, moving the highlight to the edge which in turn smoothed the hair. If you must make the backhair shiny like the ring highlight, it must also follow a U shape or it will look wonky.

@Magi

Perfect. 

@angusstump

Welcome aboard. Have you done any spriting before? Have you read all the posts in this and the previous thread to know our process and standards? Do you have all the Moemon sprite collection so you can use them as base/salvages for parts? If not, can you download it> You can find it in a link in the previous posts somewhere.