Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Would not mind a list of teams with posits for officials ppl in team have won.

Only problem(s) I see is(are) when people

a) Leave the team, would need matinee, more so that you already give to the thread which imo is a fair amount already.

b )Does a team keep it's points for when people change team, although they won as a part of that team? (Looking Keith)

c)Trying to figure who was wherewhen.

I could be overthinking this a lot and there is def a much more simple way of doing it but yea, thanks for keeping the thread going JJ.

Update: Congratulations to [AvE] for winning the March 2015 Team Tournament! They are the 9th team to win a TT and did so by beating the #1 Team in the Final. This was an exciting team tournament that saw some really interesting sets and a classic showdown between [AW] and [LYLE] in the semis. What can we expect later this month with the April Tournament?

Congratulations also to SpartacusGD for qualifying as the 5th Best OU Player in the game, tied with Amanu with 10 points.

Update: The power of stall pays off once again as Burntzebra manages to inch his way to another Standard UU title. Congratulations to Zebra for his performance today. Despite being DQ'd in the First Round for Time Clause he was able to make a case to continue the match and finish his opponent off within the newly allotted time. He can thank his opponent during that round for not applying the AFK button when Burntzebra left for approximately six minutes to have some food, and also to a timely crit in the 45th minute from what I heard. Yes the salt is real, but you can't deny that Burntzebra has the skills to work his way through our competitive field time and time again. Will we ever find an answer to his stall play or will we continue to fall in matches 40+ minutes long? 

Find out next time on... PokeMMO!

Update: The power of stall pays off once again as Burntzebra manages to inch his way to another Standard UU title. Congratulations to Zebra for his performance today. Despite being DQ'd in the First Round for Time Clause he was able to make a case to continue the match and finish his opponent off within the newly allotted time. He can thank his opponent during that round for not applying the AFK button when Burntzebra left for approximately six minutes to have some food, and also to a timely crit in the 45th minute from what I heard. Yes the salt is real, but you can't deny that Burntzebra has the skills to work his way through our competitive field time and time again. Will we ever find an answer to his stall play or will we continue to fall in matches 40+ minutes long? 

Find out next time on... PokeMMO!

You're welcome.

Am I right in my assumption that i got now 3 points in the tiered best player list and 2 in the overall one?

Likely, although there is a plethora of players at that tier of wins. I'm sure you do but I can confirm with my spreadsheet if you're adamant about this.

Update: Congratulations to Frags for winning tonight's Standard Doubles Tournament! Frags has now expanded his lead on the Overall Best Player's list and has also claimed the #1 spot in the Best Doubles Players list as well. Congratulations also to myself, DoubleJ, for taking 2nd tonight and moving into 9th Place on the Overall Best Players list and also reaching into the Top 5 for the Best Doubles Players list as well. Was an amazing tournament and felt good to grind back into the finals once more. Was an impressive bracket as well. Also congrats to pIata for winning the Quiz Tournament and earning a point for a Gimmick Tournament. 

Until next time. 

Update: Congratulations to KingBowser for winning today's Standard OU tournament and earning a second invite to the Spring Championship event. With this placing, and a recent standard second place, Bowser closes in on Frags for the #1 Overall spot and also the #1 OU spot. 

LYLE #1

Update: Congratulations to Raaidn for winning last night's Oceanic OU tournament! Raaidn now moves into a tie for 3rd Overall Best Player with Burntzebra. Three tournament wins in a little over a month? Raaidn rollin' like it's Fall 2014. 

swear I was at 19.5 before, jj obviously just made this list to get lyle players to top ofc

just make your own list then :P

though on a sidenote, you also don't want to take this one to srsly...

example: raaidn won the oceanic, on the same day i first rounded him in the (unofficial) masters just few hours later... and then you beat me (great match btw  ;))

just make your own list then :P
though on a sidenote, you also don't want to take this one to srsly...
example: raaidn won the oceanic, on the same day i first rounded him in the (unofficial) masters just few hours later... and then you beat me (great match btw ;))

Don't really think this is too serious of a thread just because of some possible bias and there's no actual good way of having a best player list unless we get a showdown like ladder maybe. Ou is all about matchups, hence being able to beat the winner easily in an unofficial. Also helps that it was first round before anyone was able to scout

I think the list is pretty reliable because I do get the perspective of both Zebra and Linken, but if the people on the list can repeat what they do quite often, then it does mean that they're skillful. On the other hand you have quite a few more players who have won just one ou tourney and that's the end of it. 

Talks about possible bias, doesn't explain what that bias is. I've done a lot of refining to this list to make it represent winning officials. Like Bowser said, it gives players a goal to work towards. 

If you're referring to weighing 3v3, 4v4, and 6v6 metas equally, then you have to realize that giving more weight to 6v6 matches is a pretty strong bias in its own right. The meta evolved, players won, those wins were logged and represented here. Most of the players from the 3v3 meta have been weeded out now anyhoos. Time will obviously take its toll on any list like this. 

I believe the people who say this list is biased are just upset themselves (for some reason). This list is great, a great work and very good up-to-date maintenance. It's an all-time achievement list, so if any rip player is still on it, it means newer players have yet to catch up. So there is absolutely nothing inaccurate with the list.

"example: raaidn won the oceanic, on the same day i first rounded him in the (unofficial) masters just few hours later... and then you beat me (great match btw "

Winning against a player on that list doesn't make you more achieved than they are. If you want to prove your worth, win some officials.

You are doing a great job here jj, keep it up.

better release ur pikachu Ash bro, you might have a chance to appear on the list, maybe.

Aw #1

I want to like this post Frags, I really do... but that AW #1 just hurts.

I believe the people who say this list is biased are just upset themselves (for some reason). This list is great, a great work and very good up-to-date maintenance. It's an all-time achievement list, so if any rip player is still on it, it means newer players have yet to catch up. So there is absolutely nothing inaccurate with the list.

Much appreciated Keith brah, thank you. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Still not on that NU list , update pls JJ

In time amigo. That is going to take one hell of an overhaul on those lower lists. I mean, I need to comb through every official win and official second place for each winning player. Not too enthused about it, but it will happen. Give me probably two weeks when I finish my first year.