[PTS] Colour Palette Upgrade

Introduction: This suggestion encompasses two main issues I have noticed with our current palette. I have discussed both at some point with Darkshade (I believe) but I wanted to open this thread so that other players could comment on what they think is missing as well. If the moderators would like me to split these issues into two threads I can do that I just think they really fit under the one heading I have provided and it may be good to maintain the information from other players (if there are any) in this one thread as well. 

Moderators: I did not put this in the customization thread because that's more so aimed at Darkshade and this is aimed at the community as well as Shu/other devs. I think it would be beneficial to have a thread for these sorts of small issues/discussion in terms of the colour palette and not the individual items/items changes we would like to see. 

ZhiqAHv.png

Add White to the Colour Palette 

I would really appreciate some white customization options. It would be nice to be able to wear white versions of the available customization items. If Brightshade would like to go as far as create white versions of some of the customization items without colour palette options that would be a bonus but that's more so for the other thread. 

Fix the "Yellow" Colour Options on the Palette 

They just don't appear to be yellow for me. They're more of a lime green and it would be nice to have more of a yellow colour. I know you don't want the colours in game to clash beyond belief, and you don't want people to walk around with highlighter yellow but a subtle yellow could be nice.

Here are some examples: 

[spoiler]

montana-94-light-yellow-spray-paint.jpgSolidBabyYellowModa.jpg

[/spoiler]

If you deem any of the above too bright that is fine, it would be nice to have some sort of yellow in game, however. 

Below is an image of the "green" tinge I am speaking of: 

0Y0ULEl.png

If you view the image of the colour palette provided in this thread this colour is suppose to be the yellow closest to the bottom. 

[Additions]

An Advanced Colour Editor - Greck

Such as the one below, if possible. 

OP Note: May involve colour clashing with the rest of the colours in game, allow for obnoxious colours, etc. 

Colors.jpg

Fix the "Orange" Colour Palette Options-Telf

The colours that appear orange on the selector palette appear to be a brown when shown on the customization items. This can be fixed either way by changing the palette or the colour it produces (as it seems that the colours to the right are meant to be oranges of sorts).

[spoiler]

uhJs3kk.png

HIl3BSl.png

Thanks for providing the images, Noad :)

[/spoiler]

Fix the "Pink" Colour Palette Options- NoadHunter

The colours that are meant to be pink (via the palette) appear to be purple when on the items. 

Feel free to leave any other colour palette issues or updates you would like to see and I will add them to the OP. 

Edited by Emlee

I've requested that the colour pallet be changed before - and I'm still adamant that it's a change I would like.

However I know the rest of the team is reluctant to change the colours due to it being 'different' for lack of a better word - although it's worth noting that with Customization 2.0 will come the ability to remake your character, so that's already a change.

I would like the colour options to resemble similar colours to that of the NPCs, so that they don't stand out to a high degree and look ridiculous in contrast with the overworld.

For this same reason I think Greck's 'Advanced Colour Editor', would be a bad idea, because I have no doubt that a majority of people would go for bright neon colours.

I know for some this might sound like a good thing, but as somebody who appreciates consistency (Especially in his own work and making sure the players match the overworld), it's quite the nightmare to me.

I support this

Edit:
Would be interesting to have rainbow clothing too.

This thread is just for colour palette issues or changes. In terms of rainbow clothing that would not go along with the colour scheme in game. Edited by XelaKebert
Fixed quote

This thread is just for colour palette issues or changes. In terms of rainbow clothing that would not go along with the colour scheme in game

An idea is an idea. This is what the suggestion box is for. I'm not off topic. So it shouldn't matter if I want an option for rainbow clothing. It wouldn't be that much different from just adding white into game

An idea is an idea. This is what the suggestion box is for. I'm not off topic. So it shouldn't matter if I want an option for rainbow clothing. It wouldn't be that much different from just adding white into game

I was just pointing you to the correct place. 

Gotta post things that relate to the topic if you're going to post in the thread

Rainbow Clothing is not the same as fixing the colors

Oh believe me it would.

You're right in terms of concept, but the amount of work involved is a substantial difference.

I agree with you.

Gotta post things that relate to the topic if you're going to post in the thread

Rainbow Clothing is not the same as fixing the colors

Well there is more than one topic within the concept of colors. Adding white, which my idea goes along with, and a customized coloring option. 

As another note, Why don't they let you at least give you a choice with the bear ears that you can buy in celadon? I mean demon horns can be in every color but not bear ears. I think that should change. At least give different shades of it.

As another note, Why don't they let you at least give you a choice with the bear ears that you can buy in celadon? I mean demon horns can be in every color but not bear ears. I think that should change. At least give different shades of it.

Again, this is a specific item idea, take it here: Vanity Item Suggestions

If you ask me why the ears aren't multicolor, well, the item should be care bear ears then.

I agree with you.

Well there is more than one topic within the concept of colors. Adding white, which my idea goes along with, and a customized coloring option.

Again you're discussing adding items, not changing the colour palette. Asking for white isn't asking for an item. It's changing the pallete. Please try not to go off topic here.

Again you're discussing adding items, not changing the colour palette. Asking for white isn't asking for an item. It's changing the pallete. Please try not to go off topic here.

I'm not asking for rainbow items I'm asking for a color option in rainbow

Again, this is a specific item idea, take it here: Vanity Item Suggestions

If you ask me why the ears aren't multicolor, well, the item should be care bear ears then.

I'm saying shades not colors which white is a specific shade.

I'm not asking for rainbow items I'm asking for a color option in rainbow

I'm saying shades not colors which white is a specific shade.

You're still not suggesting a colour palette change or fix. You're asking for a pattern option, which is still a completely different suggestion...

That's your opinion

No, it's not an opinion. It's fact. This thread was created for Colour Palette changes and issues. Not for pattern options. If you look at the OP you'll realized I posted it, so I happen to know the entire point of the thread. Stop trolling, please.

[spoiler] Assuming you're a troll because there is literately no other reason to act as you do on these forums[/spoiler] 

No, it's not an opinion. It's fact. This thread was created for Colour Palette changes and issues. Not for pattern options. If you look at the OP you'll realized I posted it, so I happen to know the entire point of the thread. Stop trolling, please.

[spoiler] Assuming you're a troll because there is literately no other reason to act as you do on these forums[/spoiler] 

Why can't the color palette have pattern options as well as the colors themselves? I think it'd be cool to actually have like at least dual colored items. I know there is a few that you can buy with real monies but honestly they just seem lame to me. I'd rather have a black/red afro. BTW I'm not trying to troll you. I'm honestly giving my opinion and am sorry if you feel different than I do upon this topic that I also approve of.

Why can't the color palette have pattern options as well as the colors themselves? I think it'd be cool to actually have like at least dual colored items. I know there is a few that you can buy with real monies but honestly they just seem lame to me. I'd rather have a black/red afro. BTW I'm not trying to troll you. I'm honestly giving my opinion and am sorry if you feel different than I do upon this topic that I also approve of.

Nobody is saying it can't, we're just telling you to stop fucking posting here because the posts don't belong here. Go to the vanity suggestions thread to talk about it, or make a new thread, but your ideas aren't relevant to the idea in the OP, they're completely different.

[spoiler]inb4 "but it is relevant"; You can think that if you want, but not only are you wrong, but you're making sure your idea will never get any attention by not posting it where it belongs.[/spoiler]