[PTS] Colour Palette Upgrade

Why can't the color palette have pattern options

Let me stop you there - Emlee is suggesting a change to the available colors for vanity items. You know how each colour choice makes the item differently colored but otherwise identical? It's because you're choosing the colours to be used by the sprite without changing the sprite itself. That is what "palette" means. You, on the other hand, are asking for a change to the sprites.

Whether or not it's a good idea is not for me to decide but I must ask that you keep it separate from this thread because it's a separate suggestion.
  • 1 year later...

I was going to make this exact suggestion before I stopped myself and searched a bit harder for it.    

I'm giving this thing a ~Bump~ for love,  preferable to a duplicate topic I'm sure.

The options of Pink and Yellow are both things I found depressingly absent as I like to theme my characters to match my pokemon.   I wanted to create an electric  character at first but I found myself unable to do so because of the lack of yellow,  I just couldn't make the suitable theme I desired because all I could get was Green instead.    

Later I ran into the same problem trying to create a pink character who utilized pokemon such as miktank, blissey,  skitties and so on only to be stopped because all there was was purple.

The lack of colors blocks themes like this from happening,  and the absence of pink and yellow is down right silly given the vibrancy of the anime cannon, and even characters shown in the games themselves.  No Cynthia or Elesa to be had here, let alone the pink-haired nurse joys out there.

Support this.

THe current colorpallette is soo inefficient. I bet the half of the colors aren't even't used by players. It's too much of the same thing.

I think a smaller pallette would be better. It lets you distinguish colors easier. You can have like 7 shades of yellow, but people will only recognize yellow and light-yellow for example.

col_88colours.png

This pallette, for example, seems to be a lot better if you asked me.

Edited by Zeror

They have very different designs, assuming you're referring to the lab coat.

not thaat different. Would totally kill the value of the lab coat >.>

unless you don't care about losing all labcoat owners about 2ish million pokeyen, or however much the labcoat is now...

sJjiWbD.png

The screenshot you have provided shows the main character of an anime surrounded by multiple blandly coloured characters designed with the sole purpose of emphasizing the presence of the main character.

not thaat different. Would totally kill the value of the lab coat >.>

unless you don't care about losing all labcoat owners about 2ish million pokeyen, or however much the labcoat is now...

Overcoat_vs_Lab_Coat.png

One is done up ,the other isn't.

And perhaps one day we'll be able to shift the Overcoat and Lab Coat on a separate layer from the top entirely and remove the shirt underneath the Overcoat so that further customization can be achieved.

The screenshot you have provided shows the main character of an anime surrounded by multiple blandly coloured characters designed with the sole purpose of emphasizing the presence of the main character.

28clqub.jpg

Timmy has dreams too you know.

Overcoat_vs_Lab_Coat.png

One is done up ,the other isn't.

And perhaps one day we'll be able to shift the Overcoat and Lab Coat on a separate layer from the top entirely and remove the shirt underneath the Overcoat so that further customization can be achieved.

ok they are a little different in the new character design (hadn't seen it till just now). Still I fear the effect that white overcoats are gonna have on the labcoat >.> (I don't even own one anymore, nor do I even play, so I don't even know why I care :P)

28clqub.jpg

Timmy has dreams too you know.

ok they are a little different in the new character design (hadn't seen it till just now). Still I fear the effect that white overcoats are gonna have on the labcoat >.> (I don't even own one anymore, nor do I even play, so I don't even know why I care :P)

OMFG you're back.

OMFG you're back.

(I don't even own one anymore, nor do I even play, so I don't even know why I care :P)

these posts will be deleted anyways. If you see this before then, then just PM me if you want to talk directly to me.

• 8 months later...

I'm happy to announce the completion of Character Customization 2.0.
It's been in the making for about a year and a half now.

With it comes a full revamp of every available Vanity Item and Character Sprite in PokeMMO.
Certain Hairs and Hats now sway with the character while they walk,

qtanimation.gif

Animation speeds have been altered on certain animation types to allow for smoother movement, Eye Colour is now selectable,

Character_Customization_Eyes.png

Sections of items have recieved support for not being affected by the colour overlay,

Non_Colour_Support.png

And Players are now able to customize the colour of their Bicycle at any of the Bicycle Shops.

But there is one more thing - following much discussion the colour options have also receieved a revamp:

Colour_Chartalt.png

Colours such as White, Yellow, Orange and Pink are now truly selectable for the first time.

Character Customization 2.0 is available to preview on our Public Test Server, which can be downloaded from here:

https://pokemmo.eu/download_file/?id=2

Why not log on and see how it looks?

We hope you like it.