Underdog Invitational[Date TBD]

The date stays the same as I have previously stated. I am willing to move this back at most 2 hours to 4PM EDT, but the date will not change.

Lel inb4 no participants. I don't think you understand your position m8

The date stays the same as I have previously stated. I am willing to move this back at most 2 hours to 4PM EDT, but the date will not change.

Announcing it a week and a half before the actual tournament is kinda dumb, especially when things like the stab tourney and double standards were posted like 3 weeks ahead. Besides, this is a closed tourney, so why not just talk with participants and set it at a time they agree on.

Announcing it a week and a half before the actual tournament is kinda dumb, especially when things like the stab tourney and double standards were posted like 3 weeks ahead. Besides, this is a closed tourney, so why not just talk with participants and set it at a time they agree on.

1 year of handing out invites, 10 days of advance notice. That seems a bit off.

Actually, the last three Masters tournaments went out with 10 days or less of notice as well.

8wBrR.png

All I can offer is a time change from 6PM EDT to 4PM EDT. I cannot stress this enough, my hands are tied on matters concerning the date.

Masters was already posted once before then the host changed so we knew it was coming very soon. All we got for the underdog invitational was your occasional vague blabbering 'it will come soon'.

this. I was actually looking for those threads too and heres it is- https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/35183-masters-invitational-finale/

Also it was stated when the whole masters thing started that there would be a big tourney at the end of the year winner and thats what happened.

Also the date of the actual masters brawl's was decided after talking with the people playing.

I mean why does it HAVE to be on this date. If squirtle takes 2-3 weeks to spawn shinies and you can't do it on a time convenient for the people playing why not delay it.

Due to a lack of staff availability following this event, this is the only date this can be held. Your choices are 4PM EDT on May 9 or 6PM EDT on May 9. If this gets cancelled there will not be a make up held.

well ask squirted for another hiring fest then idk. It sucks that a tourney that was hyped for months is going to be limited because of lack of refs. And it's not like the official pokemmo calendar thing get updated plus as far as I'm aware, theres nothing special about May 9 beside that's when the next time a large number of staff will be able to ref.

So what's the reason for not rescheduling and announcing date further ahead of time, and why the "it's now or never" attitude.

well ask squirted for another hiring fest then idk. It sucks that a tourney that was hyped for months is going to be limited because of lack of refs. And it's not like the official pokemmo calendar thing get updated plus as far as I'm aware, theres nothing special about May 9 beside that's when the next time a large number of staff will be able to ref.

So what's the reason for not rescheduling and announcing date further ahead of time, and why the "it's now or never" attitude.

Amanu, the voice of the people. All praise.

I know about 5 people now that signed in but can't make it on this date.

Would also give room for another tournament for more tickets. I approve of this. Let's hold a petition for all contenders.

Aye - 4

Fuck you - 0

I don't mean to be blunt etc but I don't think it's a staff availability issue I think it's a staff willing to referee issue. It looks like the staff is just as full as the days when tournaments and events were being posted by the handful. 

I am not trying to point fingers at anyone, I do believe the current staff is compiled of a lot of people that I have the utmost respect for...but, RIP the days when staff would fight (in a harmless way of course) over who got to host what tournaments because they literately wanted their hands on the exciting ones (FNFs, WNDs, etc). I think it's important to have staff who are interested in moderating, interested in helping out in game, etc, but there should definitely at least be enough staff members willing to host/referee the finale of an invitational. This is suppose to be hyped, it's suppose to be fun for everyone...

I don't mean to be blunt etc but I don't think it's a staff availability issue I think it's a staff willing to referee issue. It looks like the staff is just as full as the days when tournaments and events were being posted by the handful. 

I am not trying to point fingers at anyone, I do believe the current staff is compiled of a lot of people that I have the utmost respect for...but, RIP the days when staff would fight (in a harmless way of course) over who got to host what tournaments because they literately wanted their hands on the exciting ones (FNFs, WNDs, etc). I think it's important to have staff who are interested in moderating, interested in helping out in game, etc, but there should definitely at least be enough staff members willing to host/referee the finale of an invitational. This is suppose to be hyped, it's suppose to be fun for everyone...

Staff mad they can't reach PSL hype :C

But yeah this must be one of the most anti-hyped finale tournaments I witnessed in Pokemmo. And I'm not feeling that staff is enjoying this, or at least the host. It's just the feeling I get I mean no offense.