Underdog Invitational[Date TBD]

This is a master's event. I would rather have byes than commoners.

No but seriously, I think it's inappropriate to have open registration even if there isn't a 16 man bracket.

lold that's the least I want in a masters tournament. Idgaf I refuse to give someone such an advantage as a bye in a 16 man double elim tournament.

edit: you should just host an emergancy UU tourny 2 days before or somethin (I know you probably have some tournaments planned for May and one of them prolly is UU so push that one in these 10 days and get more tickets).

Another  UU qualifier would be nice, use like the next TRanzmasters UU spont or something. 

I agree. Byes are a terrible idea, I mean, who amongst us deserve to automatically be advanced a round in an event with a prize like that? No one.

One more event with a reserve spot awarded to first and second would be perfect.

I agree. Byes are a terrible idea, I mean, who amongst us deserve to automatically be advanced a round in an event with a prize like that? No one.

One more event with a reserve spot awarded to first and second would be perfect.

maybe the people who had both an invite & a reserve *WINK*

but yea in all seriousness if its looking like we wont reach a full bracket, another event+invite would be best

As much as I would love to try and pull together a last minute UU event with an invite prize it wouldn't be fair for everyone. The main reason being that it would leave myself and the rest of staff with a difficult decision to make; either forbid those who hold an invite/reserve from taking part or exclude them from the rankings in the finals to determine who gets the reserve spots. Now, the second option has one merit to it, and that is given a situation where a reserve/invite holder wins the event they could get the primary prize and the runner up could get the reserve if they don't already have one, but that leaves one other issue. Let's say the top 8 players in said event all hold invites/reserves. That would mean I would have to go to the top 16, which means that it would be even more difficult to award the reserve spots as there is no clear cut ranking at that stage. This would lead to some players being excluded from potentially competing in this UU Masters event. Thus we get the unfair part of the second option.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but at this point it's a bit late.

There are ways around this although they are a little hectic and may seems ridiculous I think we can all agree we really need some more tickets.
First of all the likelyhood that 8/8 players left in the 1/4 finals will have a reserve/invite ticket is very small. There are still a lot of great UU players left that can potentialy win (Forfiter, Nlceguy, JCox). These players will go all out in this tournament. You also could factor in the fact that players already holding an invite will not reveal their best teams/strategies to save it for the invitationals.

Now if you would get two people of the 8 in the last 8 that don't have a ticket and they both get knocked out in the same round, you'll hold a 'ticket match' between the two. If one gets knocked out in the semis and one in the 1/4 the one that reached the semis gets it automatically.

3/8 means a three way tie, use the same system you used in the masters of doubles.

Again I think it's very unlikely nobody without a ticket will reach 1/8 (depends on bracket match ups too and 32, 64-man). But let's just say they all get knicked out in the 1/8 round:
- 2 without a ticket fight
- 3 way tie masters of doubles
- 4 knock out stages/round robin
- 5 round robin
- 6 I guess we have no choice but to use the swiss system here although it's flawed with these amount of rounds
- 7 ^
- 8 knock out

Seems a odd to do all this shit but this has to be done for a couple of reasons:
- Byes in a tournament of this caliber is a no-go
- Random sign ups are LOL, if I get fking Uair (just an example because you are terrible in duels brah #noofense) 1st round because he got in we could just as well call it a bye.
- Our ticket pool is too shallow and it's to risky for the reasons stated above.

As much as I would love to try and pull together a last minute UU event with an invite prize it wouldn't be fair for everyone. The main reason being that it would leave myself and the rest of staff with a difficult decision to make; either forbid those who hold an invite/reserve from taking part or exclude them from the rankings in the finals to determine who gets the reserve spots. Now, the second option has one merit to it, and that is given a situation where a reserve/invite holder wins the event they could get the primary prize and the runner up could get the reserve if they don't already have one, but that leaves one other issue. Let's say the top 8 players in said event all hold invites/reserves. That would mean I would have to go to the top 16, which means that it would be even more difficult to award the reserve spots as there is no clear cut ranking at that stage. This would lead to some players being excluded from potentially competing in this UU Masters event. Thus we get the unfair part of the second option.

Right now it looks like we won't have 16 contenders for our tournament, so even if we have to get weird with it, anything is better than having Byes in an invitational Masters event.

It's also worth considering that if you run another UU invite tournament and the top winners are both invite holders, that doesn't actually hurt anything; it just puts us in the same spot we're in now. Bare minimum, it wouldn't hurt to host another UU invite tournament, even if you don't put any extra effort into handing out another invite. It just gives another opportunity, which is all we can really hope for. My (selfish) interest is just for the up-and-coming players to have a fair opportunity to earn an invite, not for a guarantee.

Hmm idk if it would be any help or possible, but I would gladly help you host/ref/plan an extra UU tournament before this, I already have my invite and if the prize isn't something insane idm not playing for it. Even tho staff has to look professional etc etc I think everyone would be happier with an extra UU tournament even if people like me (members) help you host/ref, and in all honesty I think I'm trusted (I think you know what I mean) enough to do such thing. Ask ThinkNice to help as well (he is all psyched about another tournament and has a holiday - hue hue spoiled thinkie)

EDIT: How can you hate that prize? o.O 

Because they arent competitors. 

inb4 some shiny trader comments "You guyzzz ruinzz the shiniezz marketz, competitive playerz shouldn't be awarded for their insane high level of activity and time put into playing and helping this game improve (compared to shiny traders), they do compzzz not shiniezzz. LOLZ"

But yea you are right.

What Im about to say is my personal opinion and may not be shared by the rest of the Staff members:

Firstly, we should wait for the sign-ups. Maybe getting 16 sign-ups is not impossible at this stage.

By holding a quick new tournament giving out another signup, one of the people who holds a reserve ticket now won't be able to play, how will this person be chosen?

You can't just randomly pick 1 person from the reserve list who has signed up and deny him entry while the others are allowed to join.

My solution:

IF there is a lack of sign-ups, we should look at Official UU tournaments winners that weren't awarded an invite.

There are at least 2 that I know of, NlCEGUY (Winner of the first official UU tournament ever) and Forfiter (Winner of standard UU in april).

This may sound biased as I'm friends with both of them, but is anyone going to argue with me that they don't deserve to be considered two of the best UU players at this moment?

It all comes down to what the host XelaKebert decides and I will fully support any decision he makes with regard to this tournament.

I see two differents way for a last UU tourney invitational
-Players holding a invite/reserve can't participate ( inb4 they use a reroll)
-All people can participate, if the winners already have a ticket they can give it to the person of their choice.