Team Tournament [Saturday June 28]

Lyle joined with one alt team and it was the shitfest story of the week, some other team joins with 3 alt teams, literally taking up a fourth of the bracket, and people just passively complain about it?
Where's eggroll with that joker meme

Srs tho Bong and pwbr should be put in instead.

Likely due to the fact that the extra Lyle members are i don't know Good at comp.
These guys taking up 4 spots are just trash. I repeat, trash

Lyle joined with one alt team and it was the shitfest story of the week, some other team joins with 3 alt teams, literally taking up a fourth of the bracket, and people just passively complain about it?

That would be because in that case we would actually had a chance to see a LYLE vs LYLE finale, this time in the other hand, well...

You know all of them to say that easily they are trash at comp?

I bet he doesn't, same for myself though I recognize those IGNs from various tournaments I participated. Anyway these are alts. BONG, Pull, PWBR are actual teams which are recognizable (maybe except Pull- though it has recognized players) in the community. I say, alt teams should be allowed ONLY if we do not have 16 teams in. Now alt teams took 3 legit spots for 3 legit teams.

All in all, from my side, this is just dirty and unfair. Just my opinion.

May be a crappy idea but how about making a rule where you have to have a team thread on The Round Table to be eligible to sign up for this tournament?

I think it's really sad that some people can be selfish enough to take up a space in the bracket with not one but two alt teams and be okay with the fact that genuine teams like BONG and PWBR might miss out on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the team in question would have something to say if Aura did the same thing and they found themselves third on the reserves....

May be a crappy idea but how about making a rule where you have to have a team thread on The Round Table to be eligible to sign up for this tournament?

I think it's really sad that some people can be selfish enough to take up a space in the bracket with not one but two alt teams and be okay with the fact that genuine teams like BONG and PWBR might miss out on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the team in question would have something to say if Aura did the same thing and they found themselves third on the reserves....

I'm leaning towards this idea as well.

Will discuss it with some other Staff members as well, but this idea seems the most fair.

Will discuss it with some other Staff members as well, but this idea seems the most fair.

Why would you force players of teams to have a team thread in order to be eligible to play in a team tournament?

Aw and LYLE are arguably the two best teams in the game, and Aw barely even uses their team thread. Many users who play the game, are not forum users as well.

Now what if it is a team that are not publicly welcoming people to join there team and want to keep it private. Includes them not wanting to make a team thread?

We are also not required to make one.

If staff did decide to enforce that rule they would still not have to make a team thread, only if they wanted to take part in the team tournament. It's not like it's a big deal to make a team thread, they can just create one and never post in it, as long as it existed for the sign ups.

If staff did decide to enforce that rule they would still not have to make a team thread, only if they wanted to take part in the team tournament. It's not like it takes an awful amount of effort to make a team thread, they can just create one and never post in it, as long as it existed for the sign ups.

Unfortunately, this is true, and could lead to a work-around for alt teams to join the tournament, since there's no requirement as to how long you have to have been a team and how long the thread needs to stay up. Tn's alts could make 3 new team threads, sign up, and then delete them right after the tourney

But hey, LeTyrone's solution is better than any I can think of (except for, you know, the team who signed up 3 alt teams to just step aside.)

Team name: Pokemon Aura

Tag: [PoAu]

Registered players: Senile, Forfiter, sfSkump, JCox, overToasted, NoadHunter, Bluejim, jayfeatskydd, Herpetology, Beldore, Daniellegal, JonazDK, LeGaryOak, FlavaJabari, makarovmaster, Sheroo

Team Captain: sfSkump

One representative from each team registers up to five players in this format:

Nevermind this, TN doesn't have a Team Thread either and we all know it's a big, active and strong competitive team. So I can't use that idea.

As it is now, I will leave the Bracket and reserves list how it is, based on registration times.

One representative from each team registers up to five players in this format:

Nevermind this, TN doesn't have a Team Thread either and we all know it's a big, active and strong competitive team. So I can't use that idea.

As it is now, I will leave the Bracket and reserves list how it is, based on registration times.

They had a team thread before.