[Implemented] Team Tournament Prize Bump

maybe a vanity item like a crown or w/e that expires after a month or to keep and untradable for the 3 winners

Or like a random medal ( as a vanity item ) you can put on your chest like , 1st gold medal , 2nd silver medal and etc. like the olympics of pokemon lmao .

Best idea imo

something you could have on to signify to other players you have one won a Team tourney would be great

Edit: holy shit i cant believe i made that mistake

JJ WITH ANOTHER BRILLIANT IDEA THERE'S A REASON WE CALL HIM DR. JJ

[spoiler]

full support, bragging rights are cool but it'd be fun if staff gave out three of the same shiny or something so the winners can always have them to remember their struggle together as brothers to become number #1 team champions <3333

[spoiler]

or just sell them to get rich lol

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

why not bp? the idea of the still nyi pvp tower is once a week the best players get together and fight with the winner making a fortune in bp. the team tournament is just a higher (competitive)lvl of play that happens less often. getting bp would help players make more and better comps but it's a edge that other players can get through grinding the pve/pvp(tm) tower.

Guess it's time to reply to this thread and give my two cents on it.

The Team Tournament has never really seen a big decline in interest, every month there have been 16 teams (and 1-2 reserves) around for this event.

I can see why the introduction of 'alt' teams signups might indicate this, but I can assure you the reason it was introduced had nothing to do with having not enough teams.

So, now it's clear that there actually is no decline in interest for the Team Tournament, I'll now try to cover the prizes.

1) Reward Points:  Currently 250 RP for 3 winning players (Or the team captain decides which 3 players get the reward).

An increase in Reward Point prize 'could' happen, but I don't see the necessity of it. Raising it to 500 RP per player would be an option.

Another option could be: The team captain decides on a 500 RP hat (type, colour, etc) for each winning player.

2) Shiny: 1 shiny per winner, that means 3 shinies in total. No, we are not going to inflate the economy with shinies. There are plenty of events that have shiny prizes as a reward already.

Sure, those 3 winners now have matching shinies that show off their feats, but they could just as easily sell them.

3) Money:  Technically we could hand out monetary prizes, but it's not going to happen because that has negative effects on the game's economy. (It's like a bank printing money and handing it out, it decreases the value of money if this was done too often)

4) Battle Points:  Not a bad idea per se, but at the moment it is not possible to give a player's account extra BP. In the future this could be an option for sure.

5) Vanity items:  My personal favourite. At the moment the RP prize kinda could do the same because you can buy matching hats. But what I'd like to see as Twofist sugested, a special untradable hat that only is handed out by Team Tournament wins to the 3 winners. (Monthly decaying would be prefered, but I don't know if that is possible).

The prize for the Team Tournament should not be about wealth, it should be about status. Which team is the best? Easy to spot if they have distuinguished hats, not so easy to spot if they are sitting on a large pile of cash after selling their shiny prize.

Note:

This post is not an official post, it's just my thoughts as Team Tournament's host. So anything written above may not be aligned with the ideas of other staff members.

I don't see why it only is the 3 winners who shall get something... there can be other players who has played other roundt, there can be players who has helped coaching, there can be players who has done a work for the win by scouting... think one of the best solutions would be a golden teamtag until next month for whole team xhq5liA.png?1

note: i couldn't find any AW players so i made this on myself

I don't see why it only is the 3 winners who shall get something... there can be other players who has played other roundt, there can be players who has helped coaching, there can be players who has done a work for the win by scouting... think one of the best solutions would be a golden teamtag until next month for whole team xhq5liA.png?1

note: i couldn't find any AW players so i made this on myself

I was reading this thread and just had the same idea !

Also : what about a TV message ?
  • 1 year later...