The Physical/Special Split

Cody's actually right on this one. PokeMMO isn't ready for U-turn.

Now if you give us Rocky Helmet / Garchomp that's another story.

Add U-turn, add Stealth Rock, unban Baton Pass. Balance achieved.

Are there any moves planned on being added? Or are we just blowing smoke up our ass.

Not with Hoenn, in an update after that.

Are there any moves planned on being added? Or are we just blowing smoke up our ass.

As far as I know we're not getting anything. That's a question Darkshade could answer.

gimme another physical bug move than for scyther/pinsir

Bug bite? X-scissor? 

Bug bite? X-scissor? 

>Bug Bite 

Robo Please

Anyway, might as well add Dark Pulse to have a Dark Special Move not called Hidden Power and Shadow Claw for Banette

EDIT: Also, a physical Poison Attack would be quite nice too

Edited by londar

Whats the point of playing a shitty version of showdown? Because thats what it seems like they are striding for.

I will admit that I am against a split at the moment. I just don't see the point of a preemptive strike against the game with one.

Sure, it will mix up a lot of stuff and make lots of my own comps worth a lot less. But on the other side, why not wait to add gen 4 moves with the split? Or wait to do the split until you can do so? Wouldn't that make more sense? I liked the quirks of gen 3 since this was the only thing that I could play with that. And I dont see why just emerald could have the split and not the fire red area of the map. 

PS- All hidden power moves will be changed to special.

Edited by GBush

Whats the point of playing a shitty version of showdown? Because thats what it seems like they are striding for.
I will admit that I am against a split at the moment. I just don't see the point of a preemptive strike against the game with one.
Sure, it will mix up a lot of stuff and make lots of my own comps worth a lot less. But on the other side, why not wait to add gen 4 moves with the split? Or wait to do the split until you can do so? Wouldn't that make more sense? I liked the quirks of gen 3 since this was the only thing that I could play with that. And I dont see why just emerald could have the split and not the fire red area of the map.

Because it's broken. This thread is pointless. The devs are going to do what they want. Our opinions do not matter. Already they implemented it and we tested for one day? Yes sure seems like it. Breeding is still disabled for 10+ days. hoenn looks like it will never come now. First it's breeding now this.

This split is nothing but a modified wipe. 2 boxes of comps 50s are now worthless. I have to either re eve train them or find tms to fit them. And half are hidden power based so there not nearly as strong.

I am for the split only if gen 4 moves are added with them. That is the only reason the split was ever added to pokemkn. But right now our opinions I am convinced do not matter after updating the pts server. Why update it there if were already on showdown? More reasons just to delay hoenn.

how can 2 boxes of 50 comps be worthless, but all they need is new ev training/new movesets?

Because most of my breeding was hidden power pokes. And you think I have enough cash to 're ev them? 252 evs in spec att that I need flipped. That's 25k a poke. Um I have a lot of cash but not that much.

And I dont see why just emerald could have the split and not the fire red area of the map. 

Because "emerald" is a testing server, the split is going to be universal when the actual update goes live.

Because it's broken. This thread is pointless. The devs are going to do what they want. Our opinions do not matter. Already they implemented it and we tested for one day? Yes sure seems like it. Breeding is still disabled for 10+ days. hoenn looks like it will never come now. First it's breeding now this.

This split is nothing but a modified wipe. 2 boxes of comps 50s are now worthless. I have to either re eve train them or find tms to fit them. And half are hidden power based so there not nearly as strong.

I am for the split only if gen 4 moves are added with them. That is the only reason the split was ever added to pokemkn. But right now our opinions I am convinced do not matter after updating the pts server. Why update it there if were already on showdown? More reasons just to delay hoenn.

Can you please stop? You keep using your own economic needs as reason why this should not happen, which is stupid.

No one cares about your boxes, because we all lose something in the process, but it's for the better. Yes, it may be a rushed decision to implement it now without some moves to make up for the split, but it's a step in the right direction. 

Because most of my breeding was hidden power pokes. And you think I have enough cash to 're ev them? 252 evs in spec att that I need flipped. That's 25k a poke. Um I have a lot of cash but not that much.

I was writing more on the paragraph above but you just posted this and showed how much you know about the whole competitive scene, which equals zero. As a tip, if your Pokémons used Gen III physical Hidden Powers they don't need new EVs, they need physical moves to cover what they lost; and if your Pokémons used Gen III special Hidden Powers they are as fine as they were before.

Because "emerald" is a testing server, the split is going to be universal when the actual update goes live.

Can you please stop? You keep using your own economic needs as reason why this should not happen, which is stupid.
No one cares about your boxes, because we all lose something in the process, but it's for the better. Yes, it may be a rushed decision to implement it now without some moves to make up for the split, but it's a step in the right direction.

I was writing more on the paragraph above but you just posted this and showed how much you know about the whole competitive scene, which equals zero. As a tip, if your Pokémons used Gen III physical Hidden Powers they don't need new EVs, they need physical moves to cover what they lost; and if your Pokémons used Gen III special Hidden Powers they are as fine as they were before.

What the hell do you think I just said. For example I have a naive salamence that has 252 spec att evs. I need them all gone because dclaw is physical. I need to then re ev that. Oh that's right mence is already banned smh.

Same thing with all my mixed wall breakers. But this is a modified wipe. If your fine with that great. But I'm not like I said countkess times before. I would support the splite if gen 4 moves were added. And it's rushed. Your telling me they use the excuse of we don't want to release hoenn on a rushed basis? Come on now use your head. Edited by Excelimpulse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.