The Physical/Special Split

I thought the spirit of that one was that if you don't do officials you're unproven and inexperienced with true competitive play. But i don't know, I've always done officials.

What's the difference if your still playing the people that play in them? And if you argue that there not trying then your just wasting your time. That's on you not the other person that can't make it to officials because of time conflicts.

There are many unofficials that happenen on weekdays and such (im assuming you have weekdays off bc the officials happen on weekends and you cant make those) and a few of them end up with respectable brackets. I guess those can count if you win or at least make it far in those. 

If you are fighting people who attend torunies outside of a tourny enviorment most likely, unless you asked them for a serious match, they are just testing things and playing around in maulaven or what ever that place is called. Whos fault it is that they werent trying hard is irrelevant, its the level of competition you just went against that measures your worth. If i go against frags and hes using a UU team and i beat him that doesnt mean im better than frags. The other day i played goldeneyes and he was using a GROSSLY underpowered team and i beat him. That doesnt mean im better than him. The only way to actually prove your worth is to fight people in a serious competitve enviorment. The only thing we have for that is Officials and some Unofficials. You can also ask people for a serious battle but you would prolly be hard pressed to find one for a well renoun player unless you are on a team with one.

[spoiler]

Golden im not gonna bother editing this for the MANY MANY spelling and grammar errors in it. Srry bro, ur OCD is gonna be in overdrive with this one.

[/spoiler]

There are many unofficials that happenen on weekdays and such (im assuming you have weekdays off bc the officials happen on weekends and you cant make those) and a few of them end up with respectable brackets. I guess those can count if you win or at least make it far in those. 

If you are fighting people who attend torunies outside of a tourny enviorment most likely, unless you asked them for a serious match, they are just testing things and playing around in maulaven or what ever that place is called. Whos fault it is that they werent trying hard is irrelevant, its the level of competition you just went against that measures your worth. If i go against frags and hes using a UU team and i beat him that doesnt mean im better than frags. The other day i played goldeneyes and he was using a GROSSLY underpowered team and i beat him. That doesnt mean im better than him. The only way to actually prove your worth is to fight people in a serious competitve enviorment. The only thing we have for that is Officials and some Unofficials. You can also ask people for a serious battle but you would prolly be hard pressed to find one for a well renoun player unless you are on a team with one.

[spoiler]

Golden im not gonna bother editing this for the MANY MANY spelling and grammar errors in it. Srry bro, ur OCD is gonna be in overdrive with this one.

[/spoiler]

goldeneyes isnt a good example he was sweept by a clefeable in a psl i can remember that =V

btw...u r right cody..mauville/viridian isnt relevant for comp scene

goldeneyes isnt a good example he was sweept by a clefeable in a psl i can remember that =V

btw...u r right cody..mauville/viridian isnt relevant for comp scene

A location makes it not comp ROFL. Ask the people that play in tournies for a real fight. A shiny prize makes a person valid now of trying lol oh god. The competitive atmosphere of wanting to just win.

A location makes it not comp ROFL. Ask the people that play in tournies for a real fight. A shiny prize makes a person valid now of trying lol oh god. The competitive atmosphere of wanting to just win.

Its not the location that makes VC and MV not irrelevant, its the type of people you commonly see playing there. They are usually new people who are just getting into the game, people who are battleing for the lulz, people who dont know how to build a team, people who are just bad at comp, or people who are testing new pokes and team builds. The officials are full of people who are actually using their tested teams, usually people who are at least confident enough in their ability to enter an offical which means they have had to proven themselves some how or another, and people who arent there just for the lulz. There are exceptions to all of what i just said but as a general rule this is how it is.

Edited by codylramey
  • 2 months later...

If this goes through onto live I am many of my friends I know will quit.  This impacts UU the hardest and why would you punish a bracket that isn't broken to begin with?....... If it was broken the name of the bracket wouldn't be "Under Used" because if they were so broken PEOPLE WOULD USE THEM.  If you implament this then whoever makes these decsions really wants the most hybrid pokemon game ever which is really dumb because all you are really doing is LIMITING play styles.

If this goes through onto live I am many of my friends I know will quit.  This impacts UU the hardest and why would you punish a bracket that isn't broken to begin with?....... If it was broken the name of the bracket wouldn't be "Under Used" because if they were so broken PEOPLE WOULD USE THEM.  If you implament this then whoever makes these decsions really wants the most hybrid pokemon game ever which is really dumb because all you are really doing is LIMITING play styles.

I find it hard to believe you fully understand how this impacts UU, seeing as it's been implemented for like 4 months.
  • Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.