The Physical/Special Split

But I thought that HP Flying is really good considering that flying is a good offensive typing :c

fly is nice, but dragon is insane for raw power, considering the only type that resists dragon is steel and magneton takes care of essentially every steel type

bold 252 hp 252 satk magneton confirmed?

EVing, that's how to not do it.

Anyways, yeah so I guess steel-types would be a seemingly decent answer to these CBers if we didn't have another Steel-type to destroy them. The cycle is complete.

Edited by OrangeManiac

EVing, that's how to not do it.

Anyways, yeah so I guess steel-types would be a seemingly decent answer to these CBers if we didn't have another Steel-type to destroy them. The cycle is complete.

Hue I didn't actually think about it throughly, just a joke.

Also I srs need someone to respond. Suicune, milotic, and vap (Sorry swampert, HPGross doe) were all some of the best counters to metagross in ADV. They could take his hits, heal it off, and hit harder with surf. So with the former 2 prob going to be a reality for a while, we will be left with vap at the start.

The split brings this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross ThunderPunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 272-322 (58.7 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Then you could say, well maybe we drop the waters, and go skarm since it can spike, rest, and whirlwind metagross out, while absorbing all his hits.

Choice Band Metagross Rock Slide vs. Skarmory: 79-93 (23.6 - 27.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Then with the split, physical thunderpunch gives this

252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross ThunderPunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now I'm not perfect, and I could be missing something (aside from magneton because the right EQ scout basically reks u) so please give me your input and feedback,

but as I see it metagross might be 2OP

So many bans I feel coming. Ou will be going back to what it was with the bans I feel. Dragons ttar gross will all be uber. If there not, great but I just feel that will be inevitable. I hope I am wrong. Split would be nice but idk how healthy it is gen 3. Especially without stealth rocks, I think we would need.

So many bans I feel coming. Ou will be going back to what it was with the bans I feel. Dragons ttar gross will all be uber. If there not, great but I just feel that will be inevitable. I hope I am wrong. Split would be nice but idk how healthy it is gen 3. Especially without stealth rocks, I think we would need.

We should get hoenn in the game officially before even considering this tbh. They're moving too fast, and they're not even done tweaking the breeding system. I believe they should work on it one at a time, or it will just be a big pile of junk that will take longer than 7 months to fix.

We should get hoenn in the game officially before even considering this tbh. They're moving too fast, and they're not even done tweaking the breeding system. I believe they should work on it one at a time, or it will just be a big pile of junk that will take longer than 7 months to fix.

Don't get me wrong I think that too. The breeding I think with hoenn can be released within the next couple of days. But I think they need to monitor it everyday and not just vanish like in the past for months. In that time they can set people down or even the tier councils down and let them play it for a day or two with the split. Give them the pokes they want and let them see if or how many would be op.

Hue I didn't actually think about it throughly, just a joke.

Also I srs need someone to respond. Suicune, milotic, and vap (Sorry swampert, HPGross doe) 

WHAT?!

Ignoring Swampert as an answer "because HP Grass" is absurd; It's still basically the best bulky water in Gen 3, HP Grass or not, it remains one of the best answers to Metagross.

pls go.

WHAT?!

Ignoring Swampert as an answer "because HP Grass" is absurd; It's still basically the best bulky water in Gen 3, HP Grass or not, it remains one of the best answers to Metagross.

pls go.

basically the best bulky water except no reliable recovery and a crippling 4x weakness to grass

I think we should do it now just for fun (and to make prediction a little harder / more interesting). A couple points:

dis

it will draw new players and give old ones something exciting to do. it's also necessary for jhoto anyways. we can balance the tiers after. just plz dont add the split and not add gen 4 moves. 100% special psychic attacks and 100% physical ground attacks will be a bitch to create a balanced metagame in. we need things like ice shard for the dragons.

You're still in bed

dis

it will draw new players and give old ones something exciting to do. it's also necessary for jhoto anyways. we can balance the tiers after. just plz dont add the split and not add gen 4 moves. 100% special psychic attacks and 100% physical ground attacks will be a uguu to create a balanced metagame in. we need things like ice shard for the dragons.

To be fair, we currently have 100% special psychic attacks and 100% physical ground attacks anyway. (Also, HP Ground)

Ice Shard is never used in Gen 4 because all users of it are absolute garbage anyway. (It wouldn't help balancing them anyway, seeing as Mence was b& out of 4th)

Looking at the 4th gen usage, there's only 2 pokemon even on the usage list which I recognize as even being capable of running Ice Shard, Mamoswine at #42, AKA only used once (and lost), and Abomasnow at #28 (used 5 times, and most of it's sets don't even run Ice Shard). Plus, none of the Ice Sharders can switch in anyway.

The only thing that make swampert high usage is Ttar usage, i wouldn't run swampert if that broken green shit weren't present, milotic and vapo fail taking slides.

that moment when swampert comes in vs an hp grass

Tyranitar Hidden Power Grass vs. Swampert: 156-184 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.