The Physical/Special Split

Since when does staff give any shit about the imput of the community, first ruin breeding then trying to bribe us and keeping us play by trying to 'listen' to the communities imput. Little bit coïncidental dont you think? 

Since when does staff give any shit about the imput of the community, first ruin breeding then trying to bribe us and keeping us play by trying to 'listen' to the communities imput. Little bit coïncidental dont you think? 

god dont make this another flamethread, i would appreciate reading a nice discussion once again -.-

If we're at implementating future gen mechanisms, 130 BP HJK, 120 BP Outrage 65 BP Knock off that doubles when foe holds an item look really threatening. Also implementing Brave Bird (CB guts Swellow pls) and sucker punch might totally shake the meta. 130 BP HJK would probably break the meta all by itself. Also physical Pursuit, fuark. Oh and most important- Stealth Rock. I don't really know, this delivers a lot of changes. Looks extremly enticing and interesting though, I'd be up for it. Fuarrrrkkkk 130 BP HJK from CB Adamant Medicham... pls

[spoiler]

Choice Band Pure Power Medicham Hi Jump Kick 130BP vs. 252/4+ Skarmory: 153-181 (88.9 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO[/spoiler]

High Jump Kick would be an awful idea; Hitters like Medicham are already super threatening, not even Gen 4 High Jump Kick was 130 BP yet.

Outrage would get every dragon type outright banned, no questions asked. (Well, not EVERY dragon type, obviously not like Kingdra, but you get the idea; It'd be insane) So, let's not do that. Dragon Claw alone is already a massive buff for them.

Knock Off would be really, really annoying (and also bad); We don't have any reasonable answers to it, AKA no mega evolutions. Most dark types are physical, so they're getting a sort of buff with this change anyway.

As for Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, Stealth Rocks etc., from the OP:

"There is also the potential to perform the Physical/Special changes now and add the other 4th generation staples at a later time."

In other words, they can do the split this update and have the items, moves, and abilities (?) added in a later update, or they can do everything at the same time later on.

High Jump Kick would be an awful idea; Hitters like Medicham are already super threatening, not even Gen 4 High Jump Kick was 130 BP yet.

Outrage would get every dragon type outright banned, no questions asked. (Well, not EVERY dragon type, obviously not like Kingdra, but you get the idea; It'd be insane) So, let's not do that. Dragon Claw alone is already a massive buff for them.

Knock Off would be really, really annoying (and also bad); We don't have any reasonable answers to it, AKA no mega evolutions. Most dark types are physical, so they're getting a sort of buff with this change anyway.

"There is also the potential to perform the Physical/Special changes now and add the other 4th generation staples at a later time."

In other words, they can do the split this update and have the items, moves, and abilities (?) added in a later update, or they can do everything at the same time later on.

I must've missed this part of the OP. Sorry, it's 2AM here and I've been drinking since morning

So what do you expect the players to do in the mean time then? Do you expect to use our time and resources on something that can completely change in a few weeks/months. Then all this update will be is us preparing for the next update rather than enjoying this one. I really dont think thats how MMO should work.

<19:10:18> "Munya": I see it more as
<19:10:34> "Munya": I will work on things for this expansion(patch) that will give me a slight edge at the beginning of the next
<19:11:00> "Munya": Don't have to seperate the two

So what do you expect the players to do in the mean time then? Do you expect to use our time and resources on something that can completely change in a few weeks/months. Then all this update will be is us preparing for the next update rather than enjoying this one. I really dont think thats how MMO should work.

You can do whatever you want in the meantime. This may or may not be approved. It is being discussed to see if it is both feasible and a good idea. 

Also, welcome to Alpha™. Things can and will change all the time.

"There is also the potential to perform the Physical/Special changes now and add the other 4th generation staples at a later time."[/size]

4th gen moves and mechanics in a 3rd gen atmoshpere, I love it.

[spoiler]Time for Breloom to wreck shit[/spoiler]

Please for the love of fucking god yes, I will do dirty dirty things for that Physical STAB Pursuit on Sneasel, as well as other Physical STABs.

But for srs, Gen 4 should be added as a whole, not piece by piece. By that I mean all of the attacks and pokemon, not exactly all mechanics/region.

Please for the love of fucking god yes, I will do dirty dirty things for that Physical STAB Pursuit on Sneasel, as well as other Physical STABs.

But for srs, Gen 4 should be added as a whole, not piece by piece. By that I mean all of the attacks and pokemon, not exactly all mechanics/region.

I want fucking johto, don't you take that away from me(hg/ss johto, I know original was an earlier gen)

Fucking yes please for 130 BP HJK, WEELEE's gonna kill everything that isn't a ghost

I want fucking johto, don't you take that away from me(hg/ss johto, I know original was an earlier gen)

I mean, I'd eat as much ass for Sinnoh as the next guy, but I could live without it if it meant getting gen 4 pokemon, moves, and abilities a bit earlier.

You can do whatever you want in the meantime. This may or may not be approved. It is being discussed to see if it is both feasible and a good idea. 

Also, welcome to Alpha™. Things can and will change all the time.

Alright, but can this be flipped on quickly after/with the update, if it deemed feasible? You are giving us a update that makes our resources very valuable, im sure players would like to know if it will go to waste if the decision is made. You gave us the courtesy of letting us know this is possible, just wont let us know how long? Still in alpha, who knew.

I mean, I'd eat as much ass for Sinnoh as the next guy, but I could live without it if it meant getting gen 4 pokemon, moves, and abilities a bit earlier.

Gen 4 pokemon would come waaay later if at all, I'm sure they would add only moves/mechanics first since it would be easier I assume, and many changes are already being made to begin with. Edited by Kiliminati

Alright, but can this be flipped on quickly after/with the update, if it deemed feasible? You are giving us a update that makes our resources very valuable, im sure players would like to know if it will go to waste if the decision is made. You gave us the courtesy of letting us know this is possible, just wont let us know how long? Still in alpha, who knew.

The split can come with the update, but not any of the other stuff. So, they can do the split with Hoenn and add other 4th gen stuff later on, or they can do everything at the same time in some update later past the Hoenn update.

[spoiler]it's in the OP m8[/spoiler]

The time required is mostly dependent on both the discussion duration and whether we need to implement new skills. No ETAs; There is too much uncertainty surrounding this.

I see what your up to staff, people complaining about the gap between new and old so you wipe the slate clean with the split, well played. However as mentioned by others w/out the 4th gen moves to go along it will ultimately screw over/banish certain pokes for being so horrible or amazing. The mechanics of gen 4 would have to come all at the same time in the same update, so my vote is to save it for a later update.

Gen 4 pokemon would come waaay later if at all, I'm sure they would add only moves/mechanics first since it would be easier I assume, and many changes are already being made to begin with.

i saw a certain mod sporting an Infernape in the PTS.

GIMME WEAVILE GEN 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.