The Physical/Special Split

Except for the part where we don't have base 120 Outrage, AKA "The Move That Made Dragons Broken In 4th Gen"

(basically, that's a really bad comparison. that's not the only reason the comparison is bad, but outrage is a pretty big reason)

Although perhaps it's less significant, you're also forgetting that one broken Special move introduced in 4th gen called Draco Meteor, that made MixMence a pain in the rear to wall with all the time. 

EDIT: Page king. 

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Oh i didnt realize that it was outrage that got him banned. That would explain why dnite was able to stay.

Basically, there were two sets; Mixmence and DDance.

Mixmence ate your team alive by breaking every wall you could throw at it, while DDance ate your team alive by sweeping everything with a +1 Outrage that nothing could take once steel types were out of the way. They were both equally deadly, making it impossible to play around either of them, as you never knew which one your opponent had. A misplay against this thing could easily lose you the game, as you can't afford to fuck up against either of these things; They have different answers. If you mispredict against DDance and let it setup for free, you've lost the game. If you mispredict against Mixmence, you lost part of your defensive core and everything went downhill from there.

Dragonite couldn't run a DDance set anywhere near as well as Salamence, because of the fact it's low speed meant that an average scarfer would just outspeed it, making it significantly less threatening than Salamence. Because of this, a boosting Dragonite would have to run Agility over Dragon Dance, nerfing it's power significantly. This made Dragonite a lot easier to deal with, as it's boosting set was nowhere near on the level of Salamence.

In PokeMMO, DDance really isn't very viable, we don't have Life Orb like 4th gen MixMence had, and of course, no insanely powerful Outrage.

[spoiler]Dragon Claw Salamence/Dragonite + Magnet Pull is still insane, since steel types are basically the only thing which can realistically kinda stop CB dragons now[/spoiler]

Basically, there were two sets; Mixmence and DDance.
Mixmence ate your team alive by breaking every wall you could throw at it, while DDance ate your team alive by sweeping everything with a +1 Outrage that nothing could take once steel types were out of the way. They were both equally deadly, making it impossible to play around either of them, as you never knew which one your opponent had. A misplay against this thing could easily lose you the game, as you can't afford to fuck up against either of these things; They have different answers. If you mispredict against DDance and let it setup for free, you've lost the game. If you mispredict against Mixmence, you lost part of your defensive core and everything went downhill from there.

Dragonite couldn't run a DDance set anywhere near as well as Salamence, because of the fact it's low speed meant that an average scarfer would just outspeed it, making it significantly less threatening than Salamence. Because of this, a boosting Dragonite would have to run Agility over Dragon Dance, nerfing it's power significantly. This made Dragonite a lot easier to deal with, as it's boosting set was nowhere near on the level of Salamence.

In PokeMMO, DDance really isn't very viable, we don't have Life Orb like 4th gen MixMence had, and of course, no insanely powerful Outrage.

[spoiler]Dragon Claw Salamence/Dragonite + Magnet Pull is still insane, since steel types are basically the only thing which can realistically kinda stop CB dragons now[/spoiler]

So basically what you're saying is that we need 120 BP Outrage, Salamence in OU, life orb, and Magnezone.

I like dis, I like dis a lot

So basically what you're saying is that we need 120 BP Outrage, Salamence in OU, life orb, and Magnezone.

I like dis, I like dis a lot

I mean, the dragons are still completely fucking broken with Magnet Pull around.

Either we get rid of dragons, or we get rid of Magnet Pull, from the looks of things.

[spoiler]Disclaimer: Getting rid of Magnet Pull alone might not even be good enough to balance the dragons.[spoiler]LF Stealth Cocks[/spoiler][/spoiler]

I mean, the dragons are still completely fucking broken with Magnet Pull around.

Either we get rid of dragons, or we get rid of Magnet Pull, from the looks of things.

[spoiler]Disclaimer: Getting rid of Magnet Pull alone might not even be good enough to balance the dragons.[spoiler]LF Stealth uguus[/spoiler][/spoiler]

We need Dragonrend and Unrelenting Force, amirite

[spoiler]Only non-uguus will get this reference[/spoiler]

Wait... I thought that yesterday you were against the mass slaughtering of innocent Pokémon mothers and fathers?

That was the old closed minded me, now I am a new man, I am for this new system. One little thing to add, the breeder takes them away from you and doesn't kill them which is good... We all need a little bit more effort after all. Also, Bowser approved of this new system so I kind of approve as well because of Bowser being good in comp (don't worry I remembered: Bowser#1). Any ways, I think we all can cope with the new breeding system if we put our minds to it. Same for the physical/special split, we all can cope with that, why not take that to breeding, it may be hard, but we can do it. With that being said, welcome back OT Bestfriends comps.

That was the old closed minded me, now I am a new man, I am for this new system. One little thing to add, the breeder takes them away from you and doesn't kill them which is good... We all need a little bit more effort after all. Also, Bowser approved of this new system so I kind of approve as well because of Bowser being good in comp (don't worry I remembered: Bowser#1). Any ways, I think we all can cope with the new breeding system if we put our minds to it. Same for the physical/special split, we all can cope with that, why not take that to breeding, it may be hard, but we can do it. With that being said, welcome back OT Bestfriends comps.

Bf plz dont make his head any bigger than it already is

Edited by codylramey

I say we just introduce fairy types to balance out the dragons. All in favor?

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Either way, there's no way it'd be simple to "just introduce" fairy types; Assuming that's even something that can be reasonably added to the game, which it might not be, it'd have to come later on with the 4th gen stuff, not with the split alone. And with all the new stuff from 4th gen, I doubt fairy will be that big of a deal anyway.

This is ignoring all the other clusterfuckery; Do you only add the type? What about the moves? Why not other 6th gen moves? Hell, why did we skip the 5th gen shit? The physical/special split is kind of weird alone, but if they're gonna add other 4th gen shit too in addition to it, it makes sense, but just adding Fairy type from 6th gen and fairy moves is just fucking weird.

srs though, are you being legit? I almost feel like I wrote this all out for what was obvious sarcasm I didn't catch.

Edit: We'll get U-turn later, guys. Think about it. U-turn.

Edited by Senile

I can't tell if you're joking or not..

Senile i know you think very little of me but damn. Im glad i can make you waste time writing pointless wall posts tho.

Mfw the spoiler contradicted your entire previous statement, hue

Yea thats why i took it out xD

Edited by codylramey

Senile i know you think very little of me but damn. Im glad i can make you waste time writing pointless wall posts tho.

Yea thats why i took it out xD

Cody judging another person about writting pointless wall posts...seems legit.

Cody judging another person about writting pointless wall posts...seems legit.

Hey all my wall posts have a legit point to them

[spoiler]

Imma stop spamming the forums now. Im ttired and bored. 

[spoiler]

Im so bored i actually signed on pokemmo. Who da fuck does that anymore

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Venomoth gets STAB Sludge Bomb and Silver Wind, Kingler gets STAB Crabhammer, Crawdaunt gets STAB Crunch/Crabhammer, CM Sableye gets STAB Shadow Ball, etc.

NU gun be a mess, kekek

You just reminded me of Crawdaunt, oh god

It will definitely be UU at least, probably OU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.