Throwback Tournament (1st February)

Noad

Jmw841u.jpg

Image credits for poster: 123

Explanation:

Players are only allowed to use Pokemon that exist in Generation 1 and those Pokemon are limited to using only the moves that existed in Generation 1. An example of a Pokemon and move set that you might run in this tournament is Jolteon with Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Substitute and Quick Attack. All held items will be banned from use in this tournament because they also did not exist in Generation 1. 

Details:
32 Players
Unlimited Reserves
6v6 Generation 1 Pokemon only
Single Battle
Level 50

Date + Time:
Date: Sunday 1st February 
Time: 5
:00 PM EST | GMT 10:00 PM 

Date: Sunday 25th January
Time: 5:00 PM EST | GMT 10:00 PM

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 

Guillotine

Horn Drill

Fissure

Moves allowed for this tournament:

[spoiler]

Absorb
Acid
Acid Armor
Agility
Amnesia
Aurora Beam
Barrage
Barrier
Bide
Bind
Bite
Blizzard
Body Slam
Bone Club
Bonemerang
Bubble
Bubble Beam
Clamp
Comet Punch
Confuse Ray
Confusion
Constrict
Conversion
Counter
Crabhammer
Cut
Defense Curl
Dig
Disable
Dizzy Punch
Double Kick
Double Slap
Double-Edge
Dragon Rage
Dream Eater
Drill Peck
Earthquake
Egg Bomb
Ember
Explosion
Fire Blast
Fire Punch
Fire Spin
Flamethrower
Flash
Fly
Focus Energy
Fury Attack
Fury Swipes
Glare
Growl
Growth
Gust
Harden
Haze
Headbutt
High Jump Kick
Horn Attack
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Hyper Fang
Hypnosis
Ice Beam
Ice Punch
Jump Kick
Karate Chop
Kinesis
Leech Life
Leech Seed
Leer
Lick
Light Screen
Lovely Kiss
Low Kick
Meditate
Mega Drain
Mega Kick
Mega Punch
Metronome
Mimic
Mirror Move
Mist
Night Shade
Pay Day
Peck
Petal Dance
Pin Missile
Poison Gas
Poison Powder
Poison Sting
Pound
Psybeam
Psychic
Psywave
Quick Attack
Rage
Razor Leaf
Razor Wind
Recover
Reflect
Rest
Roar
Rock Slide
Rock Throw
Rolling Kick
Sand Attack
Scratch
Screech
Seismic Toss
Self-Destruct
Sharpen
Sing
Skull Bash
Sky Attack
Slam
Slash
Sleep Powder
Sludge
Smog
Smokescreen
Soft-Boiled
Solar Beam
Sonic Boom
Spike Cannon
Splash
Spore
Stomp
Strength
String Shot
Struggle
Stun Spore
Submission
Substitute
Super Fang
Supersonic
Surf
Swift
Swords Dance
Tackle
Tail Whip
Take Down
Teleport
Thrash
Thunder
Thunder Punch
Thunder Shock
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Transform
Tri Attack
Twineedle
Vice Grip
Vine Whip
Water Gun
Waterfall
Whirlwind
Wing Attack
Withdraw
Wrap

[/spoiler]

Banned Pokemon:

Any Pokemon not on the list below

Pokemon Allowed in this Tournament:

[Spoiler]

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Diglett
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran♀
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran♂
Nidorino
Nidoking
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Drowzee
Hypno
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Dugtrio

[/spoiler]

All held items are banned from this tournament

Prize:

1st: Shiny Pikachu pikachu.gif
2nd: 500 RP

Registration Method: Post your IGN in this thread once registration has occurred. Only one sign up per forum account. Test posting in this thread will result in being unable to participate in the tournament. Please only sign up players who have asked you to in order to prevent any confusion the day of the tournament. Registration is based on Forum Time. Registration will be first come, first serve.

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Notes:

• You may press the AFK Timeout button as soon as it appears.
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Volpi Clause (requesting to change channels for your matches) will not be allowed for this tournament. Entrants are encouraged to uncheck "Render Overworld in Battle". (Menu -> Settings -> Video).
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. A 5 minute warning will be given to you via whisper if you are not at the table. No time extensions will be given. 

Host: NoadHunter 

Refs: DaftKitteh Musica CaptainGrey Zehkar

Adoration_Pikachu.gifPikachu_Shock.gifPikachu_Sad.gif

Diglett has no reason to be banned, doesn't even get reversal kek.

What about EVs and boosting natures?!

And the possibility of Shiny pokemon, AND the presence of abilities, AND steel type Magneton, this format is broken, pls fix.

LF unthawing freeze

And the possibility of Shiny pokemon, AND the presence of abilities, AND steel type Magneton, this format is broken, pls fix.

LF unthawing freeze

Edit: Arena trap though

Edited by Kiliminati

LF unthawing freeze

Ty for making the Diglett point, I put it on the ban list because of Arena Trap but I will remove it because I too feel like it is extremely nerfed with no Liechi, Choice Band, Reversal ect available

What about EVs and boosting natures?!

Well I don't think I can limit you guys from using beneficial natures and EV spreads. I think a lot of people will make minor adjustments to comps they already own so it will save them a lot of work in the long run. It's more for player convenience really. If you feel differently though I'm more than happy to discuss it with you. o/

Are standard tournaments, like, boring to staff or something? Maybe it's just personal preference, but I'd be happy with like 3 standards per tier every month.

Maybe they could spice up their lives with you know... a Master's Series. 

EDIT: inb4 Master of Gimmicks.

Edited by DoubleJJ

Are standard tournaments, like, boring to staff or something? Maybe it's just personal preference, but I'd be happy with like 3 standards per tier every month.

I've hosted a UU standard already this month and have a OU standard this weekend.

1 UU Standard + an Oceanic, guess that's good enough guys. 

Well I like to host a variety of events every month to give everyone something to have a go at and enjoy. Of the 4 tournaments I have/will be hosting this month 2 are standard and 2 were gimmicks. 

Well I like to host a variety of events every month to give everyone something to have a go at and enjoy. Of the 4 tournaments I have/will be hosting this month 2 are standard and 2 were gimmicks.

We are aware, but unfortunately ~80% of events are gimmicks these days. Standards are rare and I have no clue why. Standards help fuel the tier council's decisions and also help build a more competitive atmosphere. Gimmicks just give people headaches and empty their pockets because they need to change movesets and grab new pokes with each tournament. Sure they can be fun, but in the end I see them as a negative implementation to a meta that has honestly lost any resemblence of being a competitive scene. 

Don't defend yourself and your actions, just help the community out or keep doing what you're doing cuz it's fun for you. Makes no difference really. 

Alright, I have a serious question, because this is something I have been completely flabbergasted by for months.

Who the ever loving, banana boat fucking, eagle bearded trout loving mother fucker ever actually requests gimmicks?!

No, seriously, I'm bamboozled. As far as I can tell, most of the people entering gimmick tournaments are comp players who are just in it to get a prize and another official win, a majority of which would probably just prefer a god damn standard tournament.

Who are these people who enjoy gimmicks so damn much? I have never in my life encountered these people, and I'm actually genuinely curious to know who they are.

Just think about what the word "standard" means. Of all the official tournaments every month, about 75% of them should be standard format. Right now, it's closer to 25%. I'm not trying to attack you, Noad, or the rest of staff, but I think it's about time you guys cut the gimmicks down a little and helped stimulate the actual metagame here, which means giving us more standard tourneys.