[Discussion] Reversal

I think most of us know the problem with reversal. But because nobody decided to create this ill start it and get bashed for it.

Reversal now on heracross and blaziken is beyond op with only one poke with decent priority(arcanine). I think its safe to say it is unhealthy and needs the ban hammer to further stop the ban chain.

Anyways throw your opinions in here. 

God even this title pisses me off

obnoxious OP too

I'd imagine Hera is going to get a whole lot more use not, but not just the reversal set. Gyarados can potentially be annoying with it, but their might be better options. I want to let the meta have some time to change, and change noticeable before I make any conclusions since it hasn't even been a day. There are still a lot of pokemon to resist reversal, so I'm curious.

there is priority you just need to look for it we have arcanine for zard cb espeed still will put zard down. if you want to there is linoone there is quick attack on several pokes (run off blaziken high speed) you have mach punch. if there are pokes using reversal they are at 1 hp or there abouts (1 hp if u do t right)then u can hit with any priority move and kill them.

in regrds to zard unless im mistaken u are talking about sub belly fire punch and I guess thunderpunch for coverage correct me if im wrong there but that is what makes sense answer to me. answer lanturn GG

also you for zard you can use weezing, depending on the situation u can use arcanine. will think of more in a bit and edit them have other stuff to do. but zard can be dealt with imo

this thread is about reversal so zard points are actually irrelevant use other priority moves to deal with endure reversal pokes or sub reversal pokes (this may involve losing a poke to them so sub is not still up or just use weezing and other walls like fortress for example)

Art

edit: other things to be used for zard. swampert, rhydon, golem, whishcast (spelling may be off), camprupt, anything rock/ground maybe even aggron and steelix with high def and claydol and marowak

For the discussion lets wait and see if any of the other priority users can stop the reversal that may or may not be incoming

Edited by Artemiseta

im not even posting in this one, there are more then enough people that know that this is an issue. Letting reversal even become an issue just blows my mind. In what world is that competitive? Reversal is easier to use then dnite was imo.

I'm just asking that you wait until Reversal is demonstrated to be a problem before having this debate. That means we have to see it in some tournaments and determine whether or not Reversal is actually problematic. Bring it up in a week or two and I'm sure we can have a discussion about it.

I'm just asking that you wait until Reversal is demonstrated to be a problem before having this debate. That means we have to see it in some tournaments and determine whether or not Reversal is actually problematic. Bring it up in a week or two and I'm sure we can have a discussion about it.

How is not going to be problematic that is my question? and are we really have to resort to quick attack as an answer? this isnt uu.

Edited by Excelimpulse

im not even posting in this one, there are more then enough people that know that this is an issue. Letting reversal even become an issue just blows my mind. In what world is that competitive? Reversal is easier to use then dnite was imo.

How is not going to be problematic that is my question? and are we really have to resort to quick attack as an answer? this isnt uu.

Lol

How about we wait more than a few hours, maybe a tourney or two

how about pokemon resistant to fighting and ghost types? pokemon with rough skin and flame body? poison and will-o-wisp are a solution too, reversal is optimal with endure so you get down to 1hp to maximize damage, just touch the reversal-user and it'll die, unless he's behind a substitute, you don't have to ban stuff because it doesn't fit the meta, it's the meta that should change to adapt to new threats (and reversal isn't a new thing to begin with) just use your brains, that's what you have them for.

Edited by TatsuyaSuo

how about pokemon resistant to fighting and ghost types? pokemon with rough skin and flame body? poison and will-o-wisp are a solution too, reversal is optimal with endure so you get down to 1hp to maximize damage, just touch the reversal-user and it'll die, unless he's behind a substitute, you don't have to ban stuff because it doesn't fit the meta, it's the meta that should change to adapt to new threats (and reversal isn't a new thing to begin with) just use your brains, that's what you have them for.

These are pretty broad statements that are pretty obvious. If you are playing reversal correctly you obviously wont allow yourself to get statusd or attack a fuckin sharpedo.

These are pretty broad statements that are pretty obvious. If you are playing reversal correctly you obviously wont allow yourself to get statusd or attack a fuckin sharpedo.

True, but the problem is that the solution is so obvious, you have dusclops who's immune to reversal and flail, just like every other ghost type, which are awfully common, of course you have coverage moves, but isn't dusclops bulky enough?

True, but the problem is that the solution is so obvious, you have dusclops who's immune to reversal and flail, just like every other ghost type, which are awfully common, of course you have coverage moves, but isn't dusclops bulky enough?

Dnite got banned and skarm resist dclaw, i mean its more complex than "Alright guys clops is ghost type so reversal therefore should stay"

Dnite got banned and skarm resist dclaw, i mean its more complex than "Alright guys clops is ghost type so reversal therefore should stay"

Of course, but if they're serious about banning something, they have to start with the obvious stuff and test it over and over, banning reversal can also mess up other pokemon, it's impossible to create a team without weaknesses, but banning sutff everytime some dude gets swept by a certain moveset because he just grabbed all the most common OU pokemon he could find isn't the answer, now don't get me wrong, i get why reversal might be an issue, but it's not like it's impossible to counter, there are lots of pokemon with 4x resistance to fighting too, even fast ones, spikers + roar can work if you pull it off correctly, though priority has always seemed to be the easier solution

This isnt going to happen. The only way a move would be banned, as far as i know anyway, is if that move is a problem on every other pokemon who gets it. Since pokes like arcanine gets reversal and is no problem then the logic they used against the complex banning of ddance on ttar applies which was "Its not ddance thats broken its ttar thats broken" only in this case "its not reversal thats broken its hera thats broken".

i am impressed about nobody has mentioned reversal gyarados yet -.- but no i still not think it should be banned especilly because of slowbro is the most used pokemon in the ou meta as we know it atm...

Subflail with Waterfall is cheaper and very comparable to sub reversal set. Also perfect coverage, PLUS it abuses Gyara's powerful STAB Waterfall.

EDIT:

And a nifty 20% flinch chance, but you know, it happens usually in the most important moments

Edited by RysPicz