Egg groups

We know how gifts works, and it will fix the problem of legendary in game!

Gift

• These party members may not be traded and may not be bred.
  • Gifts can no longer be shiny

No trade, everyone will have your favorite Legendary(Mewtwo, Rayquaza...), no shiny legendary jealous on server, and in comp tourneys, just add no Legendary Clause.

People will be happy, we will be able to complete the pokedex and will be only one Legendary per account!!

• 5 weeks later...

I had an idea of showing the egg groups of pokemon, it could be in the pokedex and/or giving a list of other pokes it can breed with.

c4a021b2b7be42d02df6bbd1dffe1596.png
Right under the pic of the poke it can say what egg group it's in, and for a list of pokes it can breed with you could make another button next to the  'Base Stats' 

Pros:
- Saves us time from going to serebii (or another website) if you don't know the egg groups

Cons:
- More stuff for the devs to add in the game lel

Add in a search functionality for egg groups as well?  Or would that tab show everything in its egg group.

Both could work I think, but I also think showing everything in its egg group would be more simple. 

Edited by Beldore

I could see how this would be useful for people, but I doubt I would use it personally (have just about every pokemon's egg group memorized).

Maybe replace the height (is it even relevant?) with the egg group. And make a tab in the main page of the Pokedex for egg groups (field, fairy, etc.) that would be sub-tabs that open ti reveal the pokemon. OR in the drop down list where you can select tiers, add in egg groups.

I could see how this would be useful for people, but I doubt I would use it personally (have just about every pokemon's egg group memorized).

Maybe replace the height (is it even relevant?) with the egg group. And make a tab in the main page of the Pokedex for egg groups (field, fairy, etc.) that would be sub-tabs that open ti reveal the pokemon. OR in the drop down list where you can select tiers, add in egg groups.

Height has nothing to do with breeding or competitive battling so i can see this working. For the sub tabs and drop down list I'm not too sure, there is a lot of egg groups which could lead to a lot of tabs. The drop down list i guess would be ok, but there would still be a lot of options for the egg groups.

• 2 months later...

Bump - was actually just about to suggest this and noticed this was already out there. This would be awesome - I find myself constantly googling "Pokemon's name serebii" just to see what all I can use to breed with, but it would be much more practical to have that information available in game. Can't think of any cons to this, either, and it doesn't seem all that hard to implement

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...