[Discussion] Snorlax (Test banned to Ubers from April 12th to May 11th)

well, it seems that a suspect test does not sound good for some people, and testing in showdown doesn't seem to be a good idea too. What about using the ranked system we had for suspect tests ? With some arrangements, it could be a great way to see faster than in tournaments the impact of a snorlax's ban.

yea i guess i dont toxic enough. But it still seems like there should be more. I was thinking of like haze Dusclopse. With PS and WoW i feel like you can wear them down. What about CM espy? What would you guys run to counter that in a laxless meta thats not another Cmer.

So now we're talking about the post-lax meta when Lax hasn't even been banned yet. The OU council doesn't want to ban this thing, and hell they don't even want to suspect this thing it seems. Looking for an active council. Looking for feedback on what may or may not be done. 

Sounds like guts bait though you are right.

No harm in using flamethrower first (if hera scouted or something), not like Bro can do anything. Weigh your options before you come at me with an attitude while I try to be costructive. Obviously toxic is bait but it's better than getting set up/stalled by Arcanine/Ludi/Vapo/Garde/Starmie et..

How do I reach dese kids Edited by DrCraig

Can someone name a viable OU counter to Slowbro thats not Lax or a CM poke?

CB Gayrados, DD Kingdra, Dbond Gengar, Toxic stall (+Taunt) Umbreon, Haze Vaporeon

Those are assuming we're talking about a CM Slowbro. Twave variants are another story, but they can't stand up to Starmie or Guts Heracross at all.

Edited by Robofiend

Excuse my double post, accident

So now we're talking about the post-lax meta when Lax hasn't even been banned yet. The OU council doesn't want to ban this thing, and hell they don't even want to suspect this thing it seems. Looking for an active council. Looking for feedback on what may or may not be done. 

LF more patient player base  :)

No harm in using flamethrower first (if hera scouted or something), not like Bro can do anything. Weigh your options before you come at me with an attitude while I try to be costructive. Obviously toxic is bait but it's better than getting set up/stalled by Arcanine/Ludi/Vapo/Garde/Starmie et..

How do I reach dese kids

I didn't have an "attitude" I was just adding to your response, and I even agreed with you. Also it's OU your going to get stalled.

Edit: Also it helps to give the problems with checks and counters to show how reliable they are.

Edited by epicdavenport

yea i guess i dont toxic enough. But it still seems like there should be more. I was thinking of like haze Dusclopse. With PS and WoW i feel like you can wear them down. What about CM espy? What would you guys run to counter that in a laxless meta thats not another Cmer.

Bulky kangas rofl. Reasons why we need lax or blissey gonna be CENTRALIZING.

Robo how is dbond gengar a stop to slowbro but explosion users arnt to lax? I hope you were jk Edited by Excelimpulse

Bulky kangas rofl. Reasons why we need lax or blissey gonna be CENTRALIZING.

Robo how is dbond gengar a stop to slowbro but explosion users arnt to lax? I hope you were jk

Even if blissey saw similar or more usage than lax it doesnt mean that she will be centralizing. There are a lot of things that can come in on blissey and kill it, more so than lax. He offensive pressure isnt no where near that of lax and she doesnt boost her physical def so you never have to worry about her running away with boosts. The only thing that makes bliss anywhere near offensivly threatening not knowing if she as tbolt, icebeam, or flamethrower.

Even if blissey saw similar or more usage than lax it doesnt mean that she will be centralizing. There are a lot of things that can come in on blissey and kill it, more so than lax. He offensive pressure isnt no where near that of lax and she doesnt boost her physical def so you never have to worry about her running away with boosts. The only thing that makes bliss anywhere near offensivly threatening not knowing if she as tbolt, icebeam, or flamethrower.

Exactly proving my point. Blissey doesn't have offensive characteristics Making it a horrible pivot poke. The lack of a pivot poke like sborkax destroys hyper offensive teams. What makes that viable to destroy a play style To benefit another and promote it? Using blissey is basically on stall teams with the exception of balanced here and there. destroying a whole play style to see if it is broken or not when it isn't even clear defeats the whole purpose of tiering.

Do you even comp? Calling blissey a horrible piviot poke is so far off. She piviots the exact same things that lax does. The difference is that bliss isnt as punishing as lax. Its like saying skarmory isnt a good pivot poke, which is just plain wrong.

Lol pivot = being able to hit back. Not a set up bait. Keeping the momentum

Lol pivot = being able to hit back. Not a set up bait. Keeping the momentum

No thats not right at all. Most pivot pokemon actually dont hit back. If you are bring in Blissey its bc they have a spcl attker you cant handle on the field. When you bring in blissey, assuming they dont double switch, you are taking the momentom from your opponent right there. In order to keep momentum you have to predict what you opponent is going to do next and act accordingly. This is why blissey should be as centralizing as Lax. Bc when you get lax in not much prediction is needed. You bslam, hope for para, or curse. Therefor we have to bring things like rhydon in order to be 100% safe from him.

No thats not right at all. Most pivot pokemon actually dont hit back. If you are bring in Blissey its bc they have a spcl attker you cant handle on the field. When you bring in blissey, assuming they dont double switch, you are taking the momentom from your opponent right there. In order to keep momentum you have to predict what you opponent is going to do next and act accordingly. This is why blissey should be as centralizing as Lax. Bc when you get lax in not much prediction is needed. You bslam, hope for para, or curse. Therefor we have to bring things like rhydon in order to be 100% safe from him.

That's wrong. I run eq on snorlax just for that purpose. And if your going to complain about hax. There is now a thread openned that you can complain in there.

I disagree with pivot. The whole goal is to keep the momenty in your favor not send in to check the spec attacker. Because then you have to check again.

Pivot (Defensive / Offensive) A pivot is a Pokemon that is generally only used for switching. Due to good defensive stats and a solid defensive typing, they can usually take little damage as they switch in, and the opposing switch they force allows the player to switch again safely to another Pokemon. An offensive pivot will force a switch by threatening KO on the opponent, thus obtaining momentum, whereas a defensive pivot will be difficult to break past, and thus will slow the opponent's momentum.     Str8 from smogon. Blissey is defensive pivot. Lax is both a defensive and offensive pivot. And i wasnt complaining about hax i was demostrating how low risk high reward lax is.

Edited by codylramey

That's wrong. I run eq on snorlax just for that purpose. And if your going to complain about hax. There is now a thread openned that you can complain in there.

I disagree with pivot. The whole goal is to keep the momenty in your favor not send in to check the spec attacker. Because then you have to check again.

Earthquake on snorlax is shit because you're either running 3 attacks + rest which sucks once you rest, or you can't hit gengar, or you're not running body slam for some reason

Not sure if joking but Kanga's high defenses & hp + Access to 2 turn recovery with Rest makes it pretty fearsome, not sure why you'd even consider running fast kanga with its relatively bad speed.

Kangaskhan has relatively great speed in the UU Tier. Even 0 Speed investment slays Scizor and allows you to get that Fire Punch off care free for a revenge kill (if you run Jolly you don't have to worry at all). 

Max 156 Speed Stat is pretty fearsome too, tying with Zangoose, but this isn't relative to the discussion at all. Just wanted to point that out. 

Kangaskhan has relatively great speed in the UU Tier. Even 0 Speed investment slays Scizor and allows you to get that Fire Punch off care free for a revenge kill (if you run Jolly you don't have to worry at all). 

Max 156 Speed Stat is pretty fearsome too, tying with Zangoose, but this isn't relative to the discussion at all. Just wanted to point that out. 

I'm pretty sure people are discussing the viability of kangaskhan in OU as a replacement for snorlax, not the viability of it in the UU tier as a fast physical attacker.

Not sure if joking but Kanga's high defenses & hp + Access to 2 turn recovery with Rest makes it pretty fearsome, not sure why you'd even consider running fast kanga with its relatively bad speed.

Calm mind nuff said

And to answer the hater on eq. You do realize lax has self destruct and be just a hard hitter and a special attackers absorber.