[PSL] PokeMMO Super League Season 3 - Week 2

way to make your team lose

its early on m8 be lenient  

Because I believe Eggplant's intentions were honest and not like you boldly claim 'matchfixing'. And that's the last of it.

Im not claiming he intentionally went out of his way to 'match fix' but knowingly or not by seeing my roster and changing his he has given himself an unfair advantage or 'match fixed'. You're potentially throwing away my season for something that is quite clearly against the rules and its bs.

Well in eggplants defense, its not like you change who was playing OU anyways. And I assume you wouldn't be making a big deal if the substitute lost.

Whether i change my players in OU or not isn't exactly relevant, the point being he could have subbed Baraccus in anywhere where Egg would have gained the best result. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if the substitute lost because egg broke the rules and we should of been awarded the win or at least had a void match. 

Edited by DaftCoolio

Jeez o jeez on my phone so bare with me.

Eggplant could not sub in Baraccus wherever he wanted. Baraccus only signed up for OU and I was damn well aware of that. It was not like your OU line up was going to change so he really had no benefit in scouting your lineup before subbing Baraccus in. Your whole argument is about how he gained a fair advantage by knowing your lineup, maybe this wouldve been the case if your OU lineup was dynamic or if Baraccus was a diverse player, seeing as he only signed up for OU its safe to say that Eggplant really had no advantage of seeing your lineup.

I have always been lenient at the beginning of a PSL or even handing out yellow cards in the middle of seasons. I don't have a CM tag under my name neither do I want one. There have been enough times that I I changed a managers lineup because they conpletely forgot to send their new roster. Or I let players have a rematch at DCs, which strictly shouldnt happen either. Or punish players with two yellow cards but sometimes it would hurt a team too bad to lose that player in a week. Why? Because it makes competition more enjoyable. Matchfixing or coaching or w/e doesnt make it more enjoyable these are concepts that try to exploit the system for an undair advantage. But since I aready went over how Eggplant cpuldnt do that woth Baraccus I'll stop here.

Guys I'm practising :D my first win with this team http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen3ou-232196804

Watch out Varathorn, I will be a pro soon :P

Also congrats to Haazuu and Jonaz for their wins today~

EDIT: How comes the link doesn't work when I click it from here but it works elsewhere? ;-;

EDIT2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-232239690woo another (lucky) win- hope this works. 

Jeez o jeez on my phone so bare with me.

Eggplant could not sub in Baraccus wherever he wanted. Baraccus only signed up for OU and I was damn well aware of that. It was not like your OU line up was going to change so he really had no benefit in scouting your lineup before subbing Baraccus in. Your whole argument is about how he gained a fair advantage by knowing your lineup, maybe this wouldve been the case if your OU lineup was dynamic or if Baraccus was a diverse player, seeing as he only signed up for OU its safe to say that Eggplant really had no advantage of seeing your lineup.

I have always been lenient at the beginning of a PSL or even handing out yellow cards in the middle of seasons. I don't have a CM tag under my name neither do I want one. There have been enough times that I I changed a managers lineup because they conpletely forgot to send their new roster. Or I let players have a rematch at DCs, which strictly shouldnt happen either. Or punish players with two yellow cards but sometimes it would hurt a team too bad to lose that player in a week. Why? Because it makes competition more enjoyable. Matchfixing or coaching or w/e doesnt make it more enjoyable these are concepts that try to exploit the system for an undair advantage. But since I aready went over how Eggplant cpuldnt do that woth Baraccus I'll stop here.

Just because a player only signs up for one tier doesn't stop you playing them in another. For example Telf only signed up for UU but this week is playing adv ou. energize didnt sign up for VGC and yet here he is. The fact is Baraccus could have been subbed in anywhere and wasn't limited to OU. You talk about making the competition more enjoyable, it would be enjoyable if you followed the rules. It would be enjoyable if when a rule was broken you didn't pretend like it doesn't matter. 

Oh silly kids. Just win your matches.

d9f7959cac.png

Just because a player only signs up for one tier doesn't stop you playing them in another. For example Telf only signed up for UU but this week is playing adv ou. energize didnt sign up for VGC and yet here he is. The fact is Baraccus could have been subbed in anywhere and wasn't limited to OU. You talk about making the competition more enjoyable, it would be enjoyable if you followed the rules. It would be enjoyable if when a rule was broken you didn't pretend like it doesn't matter. 

d9f7959cac.png

Well I'm not really sure that's the case about following rules. For example, last season I believe it was kiliminati vs senile, or something like that, and it was a very important match, and one of them claimed an activity win based on Think's original rules about activity wins, but it was overrode since no one really wanted to have an activity win determine who gets into the final 4 teams. If you can't see why rules aren't always static in an unofficial event, ran by a regular person, I'm not sure what else to say. 

Well I'm not really sure that's the case about following rules. For example, last season I believe it was kiliminati vs senile, or something like that, and it was a very important match, and one of them claimed an activity win based on Think's original rules about activity wins, but it was overrode since no one really wanted to have an activity win determine who gets into the final 4 teams. If you can't see why rules aren't always static in an unofficial event, ran by a regular person, I'm not sure what else to say. 

Then why do we even have rules. Can i get a list of rules which are allowed to be broken and a list of ones we cant?

Then why do we even have rules. Can i get a list of rules which are allowed to be broken and a list of ones we cant?

Rules are a general guideline and according to the general psl thread, its not like eggplant really broke them.

"A substitute is someone in the team roster that was not initially in the team’s weekly lineup, but due inactivity the managers makes him ‘substitute’ a player. At any point during the week the manager has the right to substitute a player. A player that is substituted out cannot be substituted back in the same week.

Due to the ability to favorably ‘match fix’ some matches with substitution (especially in OU and UU as matches are lined up based on winrate) the host has the right to veto a substitution if it is suspected of attempting to tilt a match up in a team’s favor."

Rules are a general guideline and according to the general psl thread, its not like eggplant really broke them.

"A substitute is someone in the team roster that was not initially in the team’s weekly lineup, but due inactivity the managers makes him ‘substitute’ a player. At any point during the week the manager has the right to substitute a player. A player that is substituted out cannot be substituted back in the same week.

Due to the ability to favorably ‘match fix’ some matches with substitution (especially in OU and UU as matches are lined up based on winrate) the host has the right to veto a substitution if it is suspected of attempting to tilt a match up in a team’s favor."

"but due inactivity the managers makes him 'substitute' a player." A manager can substitute at any point when a player is inactive. Flareblitzz wasnt inactive egg just "forgot". 

Hmm, I hadn't read this section in the rules, which changes my view a bit. Though it does say subs are used due to inactivity - that seems to be the reason the rule exists, not to excuse laziness on the part of the manager. That being said, it's up to think at the end of the day based on the wording in that rule, so his decision is the law

That being said, it's up to think at the end of the day based on the wording in that rule, so his decision is the law

The host has the right to veto a substitution not the right to allow match fixing to occur. 

Edited by DaftCoolio