[/spoiler]

NU
[spoiler] No data [/spoiler]

Doubles
[spoiler]1. Fraggs 3pts | 2 Finals appearances | Finals win % .500
2. BurntZebra 2pts | 1 Finals appearance | Finals win % 1.000
2. Gilvy 2pts | 1 Finals appearance | Finals win % 1.000[/spoiler]

Observations
[spoiler]Buoyed by an astounding 9 finals appearances, or put another way, nearly a third of all finals since March 4th, BurntZebra is the top player of the first Quarter of 2015. Despite being the top overall player, Zebra is not the top player in any division.
With an impressive 83% finals winning percentage Raaidn has a legitimate claim to the title of PokeMMO's current best player. Due to Raaidn's finals success he nearly has as many standing points as BurntZebra even though he had 3 fewer instances where he scored points. In other words, pray you don't meet Raaidn in the finals. 

PokeMMO's two most prestigious players, KingBowser and Fraggs, are surprisingly, relatively, low in the standings. Fraggs has yet to win a non-Doubles tournament and only reaching one finals in the 3 major tiers(OU, UU and NU). Bowser on the other hand is hindered in the overall standings by primarily competing in OU; the top player in that tier.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Incomplete standings
[spoiler]
Biannual
March 4th to August
Expected release date August 4th
[spoiler]
Overall
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

OU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

UU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

NU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Doubles
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Annual
March 4th to December 31st
Expected release date January 1st 2016
[spoiler]
Overall
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

OU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

UU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

NU
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Doubles
[spoiler]
5.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Archive[spoiler]This is where old standing will go[/spoiler]
Methods[spoiler] I began point tabulation on March 4th because that was when the first UU tournament took place. A point when the tiers were articulated. (Except NU of course)
Only Official events in PokeMMO’s four major tiers count towards a player’s ranking

• PokeMMO tiers: OU, UU, NU, Doubles
  • Ties are decided by which player has more finals victories
  • In the event of a tie in finals victories, that tie will be broken by finals win percentage.

Point Distribution System:

• 2 points for any official tournament victory
  • 1 point for any official tournament runner up
  • .5 for third place (in tournaments where 3rd place was determined)

Definitions of Standing Categories

• Quarterly Standings are representative of the last three months of play and/or 30 official tournaments.
  • Biannual Standings are representative of the last six months of play and/or 60 official tournaments
  • Annual Standings are representative of the calendar year of official tournament play

[/spoiler]
Motivation[spoiler]I've always looked at JJ's post and thought "How am I supposed to climb that ladder?!" Since then I've wanted to create a PvP Standings that is based on Quarterly, Biannual and Annual point accumulation instead of all-time point accumulation. This way we can tell the best players of the moment, year and all-time.[/spoiler]

Edited by Undrdatree

Neat. Although, let's be honest here, there's absolutely no way this can catch on; Not only am I not on the list, but I don't see any way for the old players who actually go on the forums to circlejerk how totally good they are despite being completely irrelevant, 0/10.

[spoiler]Realtalk tho, it's neat that we might actually have a relevant way of maybe gauging how well people are doing in tournaments now though.[spoiler]unless this dies off like pretty much every other player scoring project; RIP that one guy who's name I don't even remember anymore[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Edited by Senile

Neat. Although, let's be honest here, there's absolutely no way this can catch on; Not only am I not on the list, but I don't see any way for the old players who actually go on the forums to circlejerk how totally good they are despite being completely irrelevant, 0/10.

[spoiler]Realtalk tho, it's neat that we might actually have a relevant way of maybe gauging how well people are doing in tournaments now though.[spoiler]unless this dies off like pretty much every other player scoring project; RIP that one guy who's name I don't even remember anymore[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Wasn't it Ssin or something

Wasn't it Ssin or something

naw, ssin was the cloyster guy. The other guy's name started with an F, I think. Pretty sure he managed the ELO threads that were pinned for a while, but I can't find the threads, so they were probably deleted/hidden. In other words, staff pls respond.

naw, ssin was the cloyster guy. The other guy's name started with an F, I think. Pretty sure he managed the ELO threads that were pinned for a while, but I can't find the threads, so they were probably deleted/hidden. In other words, staff pls respond.

Jags was best anyway
There was that one where Brah was constantly #1 but i forgot who made that

Anyway, the quaterly stuff is pretty good. Hope it stays alive

Jags was best anyway
There was that one where Brah was constantly #1 but i forgot who made that

Anyway, the quaterly stuff is pretty good. Hope it stays alive

Pretty sure the guy who managed the original Brah list was some ex-GM who ended up getting his username changed and disappearing, but I think he inherited that list from someone else and never touched it. Pretty sure that one's gone too. Then Jag's made like 3 lists or something because of how hard it was to manage that shit before he finally left, JJ did his thing, and now we have this. There's probably some other lists in between all of these, but these were probably all the notable ones.

also lmao now I know where the F came from; cause Jags rhymes with Frags.

Edited by Senile

Ah, I can retire now.

Could help but have you in mind when making this list brah.

As far as longevity, I promise you and the community I'll complete, at least, this year's worth of rankings. I feel like I need to say this to temper expectations; I'm only going to update this post 5 or 6 times. Update schedule something like:
  • June 6th Quarter
  • August 6th Quarter and Biannual
  • October 6th Quarter
  • December 31st Quarter, Biannual, Annual
  • 2 weeks later...

The 1st Quarter Standings are complete! Congratulations BurntZebra, you are the top player of the first quarter of 2015. You earned the title by consistently working your way into finals, keep up the good work. 

First Quarter Champ Signature
[spoiler]28akxzc.jpg
[/spoiler]

Congratulations Raaidn for dominating UnderUsed, earning the top honor in that tier and nearly claiming the top overall honor. Keep up the great work, still 6 more months left in 2015!
Congradulations KingBowser for achieving the top honor in the OverUsed tier. I can see a vault to the top of the Overall standings coming. KingBowser #1 after all.

I'll make you two signatures too, if you want them. For now it's classwork.

Edited by Undrdatree
  • 8 months later...