PokeMMO Tour - General Thread

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the introduction of the first season of the PokeMMO Tour! 'What is the PokeMMO Tour?', you say? Well it will one of the most prestigious long running tournament of PokeMMO of course! What else would you expect? Well, let me explain: the PokeMMO tour will run for 8 weeks where every weekend there will be three tournaments held. The tournaments will have a set date and time.

These tournaments will be OU, UU and NU tournaments. By playing in these tournaments you gain points which are used after the first stage has ended to determine which sixteen players will make it to the playoffs! The playoffs will be a knock out and are a best of three (OU, UU and NU) where the higher seed may choose what format to play first.

You sign up for these tournament by posting your IGN when the thread for a tournament pops up. The sign ups will be open for a few minutes or until the host decided he/she has enough participants, after that the tournament immediately begins! This is however not comparable to spontaneous tournaments as the schedule for each tournament in the first eight week will be posted beforehand.

Points are awarded to a player on a weekly basis and not on a daily basis. The player will also not receive the sum of points he gathered that week but rather he gets the highest amount of point he/she collected in a single tournament in that week. Note that you also may only join two tournaments a week.

For example if you got to the fifth round of the OU tournament on Friday that would give you 7 points (in a bracket of 64). But let's say you won the 64 man NU tournament on Sunday giving you 9 points. This means you get 9 points for the week rather than 16 (the sum).

At the end of the 8 weeks the top 16 highest scoring players will be facing off in a best of three knock out tournament. Pairings will be posted every week and players will have to schedule their matches with their opponent (like the PSL). At the end only one player will stand victorious and can call himself the champion of the PokeMMO Tour, and probably, the best player of PokeMMO!

So when do we start? Well don't get too hyped yet! I will be starting this in September while the PSL is on break. Until that time I would like to gather donations to fund this amazing tournament. One player takes all! And you can assume that the prize will be multiple of millions!

Point system:

[spoiler]

16man: R1: 1point, R2: 2points, R3: 3points, Winner: 5 points

24man: R0,5: 0,5point: R1: 1,5point, R2,5: 2points, R3: 3,5points, Winner: 5,5 points

32man: R1: 1point, R2: 2points, R3: 3points, R4: 5points, Winner: 7points

48man: R0,5: 0,5point: R1: 1,5point, R2,5: 2points, R3: 3,5points, R4: 5,5points, Winner: 7,5points

64man: R1: 1point, R2: 2points, R3: 3points, R4: 5points, R5: 7points, Winner: 9points[/spoiler]

What do you think of this tournament? And who can you see winning, are you going to prepare for this? Discuss it all here! If you have any questions about this tournament feel free to post here too.

Donation counter lel: rip

edit: I'm looking for co hosts that will be able to aid me in running all these tournaments. PM me if interested, you should probably be available around 3pm-9pm (tournaments will probably begin around 3pm to not conflict with officials) EDT on one of the weekend days to be a suitable host.

Edited by ThinkNice

Won't these unofficial tournaments conflict with the official tournaments staff members almost always have on weekends? 

which is why they will probably be hosted earlier. Or even later depending on the officals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.