[PSL] PokeMMO Super League Season 3 - Week 6

I'd suggest a rematch on the Walpayer vs TheFireLion thing. The ruling was made to suggest that Walpayer had the advantage considering a Granbull was still in play with Intimidate against a Kingler that had Shell Armor. 

Well I don't think that was such a big factor in the match considering Crabhammer was still going to hit something at -1 if Granbull switched in and took the hit. 

Granbull without recovery would have lost to Kingler in this match-up if it decided to stay in, but we are assuming that Vileplume or Tentacruel would have came back in to take a weakened Crabhammer. I'm assuming Vileplume as sack material. 

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 106-126 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 33-40 (18.1 - 21.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 81-96 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Assuming Vileplume had around 30% health (which was the consensus), Kingler would have won this match-up unless Walpayer swapped back to Granbull a second time.

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 25-30 (13.7 - 16.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

This play would have effectively forced Walpayer to sack his Granbull while giving Vileplume the opportunity to live a -2 CB Crabhammer after leftovers recovery when it was struck at -1. It would then Giga Drain the Kingler and faint it. Vileplume would have regained approximaly 65 HP back in the process bringing it to about 45% health. 

Hitmonlee would then come in and proceed to EQ with a Choice Band.

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 64-76 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- 88.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Vileplume Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonlee: 40-48 (31.7 - 38%) -- 87.5% chance to 3HKO

If the Vileplume play paid off, Hitmonlee would 2HKO after the initial hit and also Giga Drain and Leftovers recovery, losing approximaly 40% health. 

Tentacruel would then swap in with approximately 35% health. It would be unable to kill the Hitmonlee at ~60% and the Hitmonlee would then faint it with EQ. The win condition for Walpayer would be entirely lost if the Tentacruel happened to be slower, which was likely. 

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 228-270 (146.1 - 173%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tentacruel Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonlee: 55-66 (43.6 - 52.3%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO

This was the best case scenario for Walpayer. If he chose to bring in Tentacruel on the -1 or -2 Kingler he would have still been OHKO'd by Hitmonlee. He would have also been unable to attack Hitmonlee with Vileplume as it would have been in range of a OHKO with CB EQ at 30%. 

A Crabhammer miss can be negated as a Critical Hit (increased ratio with Crabhammer) would have been just as likely, and would have given TheFireLion the same advantage as Walpayer would have gained with a miss. 

So despite TheFireLion being a wimp and hitting the AFK, without a written rule in place and considering the match was decided on an improbable advantage for Walpayer, I think a rematch should happen.

Just my thoughts, ThinkNice and Noad the top dogs here. 

EDIT: It's a bit of a stretch to say Walpayer would have won. He would have needed a bulky Granbull, a perfect +Def Vileplume, and a + Spe Tentacruel to even fit my scenario which still has Lion winning barring a miss.
Edited by DoubleJ

I'd suggest a rematch on the Walpayer vs TheFireLion thing. The ruling was made to suggest that Walpayer had the advantage considering a Granbull was still in play with Intimidate against a Kingler that had Shell Armor. 

Well I don't think that was such a big factor in the match considering Crabhammer was still going to hit something at -1 if Granbull switched in and took the hit. 

Granbull without recovery would have lost to Kingler in this match-up if it decided to stay in, but we are assuming that Vileplume or Tentacruel would have came back in to take a weakened Crabhammer. I'm assuming Vileplume as sack material. 

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 106-126 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 33-40 (18.1 - 21.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Granbull: 81-96 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Assuming Vileplume had around 30% health (which was the consensus), Kingler would have won this match-up unless Walpayer swapped back to Granbull a second time.

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Kingler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 25-30 (13.7 - 16.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

This play would have effectively forced Walpayer to sack his Granbull while giving Vileplume the opportunity to live a -2 CB Crabhammer after leftovers recovery when it was struck at -1. It would then Giga Drain the Kingler and faint it. Vileplume would have regained approximaly 65 HP back in the process bringing it to about 45% health. 

Hitmonlee would then come in and proceed to EQ with a Choice Band.

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 64-76 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- 88.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Vileplume Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonlee: 40-48 (31.7 - 38%) -- 87.5% chance to 3HKO

If the Vileplume play paid off, Hitmonlee would 2HKO after the initial hit and also Giga Drain and Leftovers recovery, losing approximaly 40% health. 

Tentacruel would then swap in with approximately 35% health. It would be unable to kill the Hitmonlee at ~60% and the Hitmonlee would then faint it with EQ. The win condition for Walpayer would be entirely lost if the Tentacruel happened to be slower, which was likely. 

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 228-270 (146.1 - 173%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tentacruel Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonlee: 55-66 (43.6 - 52.3%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO

This was the best case scenario for Walpayer. If he chose to bring in Tentacruel on the -1 or -2 Kingler he would have still been OHKO'd by Hitmonlee. He would have also been unable to attack Hitmonlee with Vileplume as it would have been in range of a OHKO with CB EQ at 30%. 

A Crabhammer miss can be negated as a Critical Hit (increased ratio with Crabhammer) would have been just as likely, and would have given TheFireLion the same advantage as Walpayer would have gained with a miss. 

So despite TheFireLion being a wimp and hitting the AFK, without a written rule in place and considering the match was decided on an improbable advantage for Walpayer, I think a rematch should happen.

Just my thoughts, ThinkNice and Noad the top dogs here. 

what if instead of giga draining the -1 or -2 kingler, the plume had synthesis'd up to full?

I was assuming 40% on Vile being able to take a Chammer and OHKO with Giga. He just shouldnt have hit the AFK button when it came that close.

Are you even allowed to?

That's so fucking lame bro, this isn't an official and everybody mutually hates that rule.

I was assuming 40% on Vile being able to take a Chammer and OHKO with Giga. He just shouldnt have hit the AFK button when it came that close.

No he shouldn't and I totally agree, but that wasn't the ruling on the field unfortunately. Either way you're call, just trying to lay out a likely scenario. 

what if instead of giga draining the -1 or -2 kingler, the plume had synthesis'd up to full?

Vileplume using Synth would have been the best play and I overlooked that. It would then come down to Tentacruel being max speed or not since Hitmonlee probs still beats Vileplume there since it can't PP stall EQ with Synth (unless protect). It also has to attack at some point.