[Discussion] Snorlax/Blissey's Place in the OU Meta (Snorlax AND Blissey moved to Ubers)

I'm not implying Gengar is OU or Uber, but I would like to give it some time before a reckless decision is made.

Same here, i'm like 50/50.

While i personally don't have any particular problem in dealing with gengar, i can see why someone else would.

I mean, i think some people will definitely be biased because of the terrible outcome a gengar ban would probably have, but that doesn't change how i see gengar.

Hopefully we can find a working defensive core during this extra month

I like that statement right there, I think, yea we've had a meta without Lax/Bliss already, but I don't think 100% of the player base went far in making new comps. I think, because there was a looming possibility of Bliss/Lax staying, it wasn't worth it to some people to make comps specifically for a test.

We now have the exact same problem with Gengar.

Edited by Quint

Think he's saying that we may have the same problem as you say we had with the lax/bliss testing period - the possibility of gengar getting banned may prevent people from building those creative answers

Yea I'm just saying under a test environment people might not put full effort into comp building.
Edit: and now it's not a test environment Edited by DrCraig

I think that's kinda bs honestly. Tournaments are tournaments and players are always team building because they want to win.

You really don't have to look that far to see how impressive gengar is with our small selection of walls. I mean bliss and lax were top notch special walls, but gengar's versatility could trump even them.

Again, would love to hear a strong argument to keep gengar rather than "you know it might not be banworthy".

When you have to think so far out of the box that you can't use standard defensive tactics to stop something, you might have a problem.

Gengar is really frail, so it doesn't get many opportunities to switch in.

And let's not compare it to a sweeping curselax, cause gengar can't really sweep, like at all.

Unpredictable, a really annoying revenge killer, but definitely not an uber sweeper, not even the best sweeper if you ask me.

And for the last time: this thread is for snorlax and blissey, just open a new one.

Yes, because immunities to fight/ground, resistances to poison/grass isn't enough switch in opportunities for a sweeper / pokemon that can hit 200 spak stat with very good coverage  :rolleyes:

If you want examples of pokemon that Gengar can switch in on, then Heracross, Skarmory, Venusaur, Dugtrio.

With its high base speed+spak, it is capable of sweeping at times. Sball / Sludge / Giga / Tbolt provides it with excellent coverage, so I don't know how you can even claim that it isn't one of the best sweepers in the game. 

• Munya pinned this topic