[UU Discussion] Dusclops

Should Dusclops remain in UU?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dusclops remain in UU?

• Yes
    • No

I saw two dusclops today in the UU tournament. One must have been physically defensive and got ko'ed by +1 alakazam shadow ball at about 80% health, and the other one may have been mixed defensive and got worn down a ton by claydol earthquake and was pressured too much to rest usually. I don't really think dusclops is that much of a mixed wall in UU. Sure it has nice stats on both defense and special defense, but if you don't max that stat out, it's honestly not very bulky. Even some choice banders can 2hko max defense dusclops. Dusclops pretty much always needs to take 2 hits before it can do anything, assuming it switches in on an attack, then gets outsped since there's not really much slower than dusclops. 

Dusclops probably shines most in beating stall teams, as it can switch in freely vs vileplume, regardless of dusclops ev spread, just because vileplume is so weak, and dusclops' ability allows it to drain pp like a pro. Dusclops can also spread status quite well and haze away possible calm mind boosts from slowking. Dusclops does not have a great match up vs offensive teams, as I stated before, choice banders can basically always 3hko dusclops and sometimes 2hko, and dusclops does not fare well vs special attackers either, mostly due to lack of offense. It is usually forced to will o wisp the threat and then immediately rest. 

I haven't really seen someone really use a spiker+dusclops and actually prevent someone from spinning, since rapid spinners aren't all that common in UU still, but tentacruel and claydol are definitely getting some usage. 

If there was a poll in this thread right now (lf noad), I'd probably vote to keep it in UU.

Dusclops does not have a great match up vs offensive teams, as I stated before, choice banders can basically always 3hko dusclops and sometimes 2hko, and dusclops does not fare well vs special attackers either, mostly due to lack of offense. It is usually forced to will o wisp the threat and then immediately rest.

I don't really agree with that statement for the uu meta game. In OU, there are threats like ursa or hera that can really take an advatange of dusc being à set up bait spamming wow.

But in uu, as it was said before, i can only see doom/ninetails/zard or swellpw being able of taking advantage of wow.
And yet, dusc can chose to stay vs swellow to check the move chosen, or predicting pursuit, as it only takes midlife by AA and who is 2hko by tpunch with burn damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Swellow Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Dusclops: 64-76 (43.5 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Dusclops ThunderPunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Swellow: 66-78 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
That's quite the same for doom, ninetails, zard who need at least 2 hits (or a petaya blaze boosted fire blast which has 50% of ohko) to beat dusc and who can really suffer from taking an equake/tpunch after a painsplit..

252 Atk Houndoom Crunch vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Dusclops: 72-86 (48.9 - 58.5%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 158 SpD Dusclops: 70-84 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 37.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 158 SpD Dusclops in Rain: 51-61 (34.6 - 41.4%) -- 72.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

They may win the 1v1 (if they swich in on wow) but dusc can switch out and rest or get à wish later whereas in offensive uu teams there aren't many wishers.

From à personnal experience, it is possible to handle it with an offensive team, but it's really painful and with à litlle bit of preds, dusc can succeed in criping all tour team.

So to sum up, i'm in favor of a ban atm.

Edit : calcs added
Edit 2 : juste noticed thé calc of ninetzils is with life orb and in rain. So it's wrong. I'll modify it latter Edited by Guerinf
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Munya pinned this topic