[Denied]Twitch Plays PokeMMO

Would this be a good or bad idea?

I feel like it could bring a lot of publicity to the game. Though I don't know how to actually run a twitch plays pokemon...

Personally, I think it would be funny to watch.

edit:

I'm suggesting we get together and do it.

Edited by Gilan

TPP is run by a bot registering what is written in a chat, then pressing the buttons equal to its code on a emulator, so this could possibly done

Pretty sure this would fall under the rule against bots and also the rule against account sharing, I'll check the rules to see. Edited by DaftKitteh

Pretty sure this would fall under the rule against bots and also the rule against account sharing, I'll check the rules to see.

really? that's lame =(

i think the hype dissapeared after it happend the first time with the old pokemon red game.. so i dont think we will get enough people to participate, and it wont be as fun when you got 5 people playing.

Yeah, that's a distinct possibility.

really? that's lame =(

Yeah seems like it is, but I'm not really qualified to say

You may not use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks or any third-party software which can be detrimental to other users' experience, nor will You relay or store any items for other users who are using these processes; and

You may not use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the game, any program which reads and attempts to manipulate network traffic between your Game Client and the Game Server.

Edit: This is from the Code of Conduct
Technically since a program is controlling the input to the game I think this would be against the rules.
The second quote isn't really relevant, but figured I'd post due to it relating to third party software.

Access;

•  
  • You acknowledge that each Account may only be used by one person. If a minor over the age of 13 has been allowed access to an account by his/her parents or legal guardian, only that minor may use the Account thereafter;

from the Terms of Service

I do kind of agree that the hype has died down.  Getting a twitch crowd would be a great way to bring new players to the game though.

Edited by DaftKitteh

Yeah seems like it is, but I'm not really qualified to say

Edit: This is from the Code of Conduct
Technically since a program is controlling the input to the game I think this would be against the rules.
The second quote isn't really relevant, but figured I'd post due to it relating to third party software.

from the Terms of Service

I do kind of agree that the hype has died down.  Getting a twitch crowd would be a great way to bring new players to the game though.

Though I kinda feel like an exception could be made.

Though I kinda feel like an exception could be made.

Yeah I probably should have mentioned that. 
Given that it's a community event, the bot would be streamed for evidence, and it'd actually make the game significantly harder (Compared to users sharing an account so that they can achieve 24/7 no exp waste) I think an exception could be made if the streamer just asked nicely.  Would love to get a staff members opinion on this thread though, I'm curious if it'd be allowed.  I think we could use more community twitch events. 
Note: If you're fed up with Runescape comparisons being made, ignore this spoiler

[spoiler]

Oldschool Runescape I know hosts various community events on stream such as Boss Masses(Where a large number of people group up and kill a boss on stream.  Usually hundreds of people show up).  For PokeMMO since we don't have bosses, it'd be nice if we hosted a twitch pokemon hunting contest or something.
Usually these things are run by the Jmods though rather than the community.  I wonder if any of our current staff would be up to stream events..

[/spoiler]

Edited by DaftKitteh