Community Weekly Tournaments (time changed)

GMT has caught up with time, so for those who focus on EST we are going back to the original time 6pm EST/11 pm GMT. That's an hour earlier for those who use EST time

Today UU and keep the time in mind! (it's ~3 hours from this post)

Also not sure who hosts today in case of doubt I will be there.

Edited by Kurodashi

Grats to Gutina for winning today's UU and 330k!

Also congrats Aftershocker for placing 2nd and earning 150k!

http://challonge.com/UUW11

Tomorrow OU and as sad as it is but tomorrow will be the last weekly we will host.

The PvP update was not healthy for the weeklys since eveybody is playing ranked now aswell as we have problems keeping up the hosting aswell as provoding the resources needed.

I myself will try to host as many events as I can so stay tuned for upcomming tourneys.

It was alot of fun and I learned quite a bit hosting these weeklys and I want to thank everyone for participating every week.

I said it already but you guys are awesome!

I hope to see some of you tomorrow at the OU it was a great run the last 3 months but this is the end for the weeklys.

Thank you!

Edited by Kurodashi

I think you could still continue these Silph co tournaments, it would be sad to see them go.

I think you might need to give it a week or two since the update, because people are testing out all the other things from the update.

Let me explain the biggest problem.

Currently we have 3 hosts:

- Me - I actually have enough time to provide my share of the money invested into the weeklys + I am able to host despite it being at 12 am lasting until ~2am (which is still not realy healthy for my sleeping rhythm) but atm the costs for the weeklys I have to take are increasing. I also have a little something I want to do/achieve in this game.

- Aftershocker - I think he is able to provide the money but he is more actively trying to get into competitive play then before aswell as he is busy with work + college.

- xMoonlite I honestly can't tell much about her but I can say she is also occupied with work and is a competitive player.

I am not going to ask for donations or higher entry price.

I want to joke that the berries take the time that I would use to grind money but to be honest even I want to have some of the money I grind to keep for my own use.

I don't want to stop hosting these but I don't see a way to keep them up the way they are now and lowering the prices would cause the popularity to drop even more then it is now.

If there is a big request of players wanting these weeklys back I might be willing to do some kind of weekly events.

That said Aftershocker and me came to the conclusion that we will have to stop hosting the weeklys for now.

I will try my best to provide some fun tournaments and events when ever I can.

I am sorry for not being able to host these anymore but I hope you understand our point of view.

Edited by Kurodashi

Congratulations to Spaintakula for winning the last OU tournament and 350k + 10 lum berries and 10 sitrus berries

Also congratulations to JerryZoo for reaching second place and winning 150k!

http://challonge.com/OUW11

I want to thank everyone again for participating and making these so awesome.

If anybody needs something you can pm me or add me ingame (IGN Kurodashi).

I will be looking to host some more stuff soontm.

Leaving the last post to shock.

Ps: Berries new currency.