The Berry Farming Guide

xStarr

Uncandango: for refference this is my spreadsheet .

It is still not complete and got alot to still add, I plan on finishing it tomorrow or so.

Very nice, each column is a possible combination.

I'm going to rework mine to see if i can make it more user friendly, like spliting berry types (heal, EV, stats-boost, ingredients)

There is a million ways to do it  :rolleyes:

Very nice, each column is a possible combination.

I'm going to rework mine to see if i can make it more user friendly, like spliting berry types (heal, EV, stats-boost, ingredients)

There is a million ways to do it  :rolleyes:

If you need any help please feel free to PM me!

why does my stuff go from moist and straigt too flooded?

it happend once, then i went away and waitet for like 30 mins tried it again and it still flooded.. I swear it wasnt wet, only moist

If you go from moist->flooded, as long as you stop there, your berries aren't in danger of any damage.  If you go from from wet->flooded there is a possibility some harm could be done.

Shortest is around 10 hours. These are typically very thirsty and require a lot of water. Longest is a few days. These require less water, but are generally more valuable and have higher yields.

Death timers only come into play after a plant is fully grown. It's more accurate to describe it as "rot time". Typically it would take several real days before a plant would completely rot away.

some new info i got from pming kyu

thought this might be useful, was posted in gen discussion

I'm watering every one hour and a half to avoid moist -> flooding. Any idea about mininum watering times while keeping big quantity? How long takes the soil to get dry, after leaving wet?

Doing lums and salacs atm so quite scared to experiment.

thought this might be useful, was posted in gen discussion

I'm camping after update, here is what i got so far:

4 stages to grow (obviously)

Water drains EXACTLY EACH HOUR, not necessarily watering stats.

FLOODED to WET = 1 hour

WET to MOIST = 1 hour

MOIST to DRY = 2+ hours? (currently, still waiting more)

I'm growing pecha berries, 4 started WET and 3 started FLOODED.

I will water it when turn to DRY.

And see the final yield...

wish we could get rid of the moist->flooded thingy, its really misleading when you can't be sure when its safe to water your stuff ;/

Well just like Munya said, that doesn't cause any harm.  but i understand what you say hue

Uncandango: for refference this is my spreadsheet .

It is still not complete and got alot to still add, I plan on finishing it tomorrow or so.

can enigmas be farmed too?

Well just like Munya said, that doesn't cause any harm.  but i understand what you say hue

and well, the only harm is that it screws up my watering timers, bit of OCD i guess

I think there is some RNG with the berry yields...

Lets see, im growing 4 (WET) and 3 (FLOODED) berries EXACTLY the same way.

Flooded about 3 of my plants and it made them bloom poorly haha. turn out was 1 berry and the others were 2.

In case anyone missed it, we were made aware of a few bugs earlier today:

• Wither times aren't functioning properly and are killing plants immediately instead of decrementing yield every tick. This meant most plants would rot away after 4-6h of completed growth instead of the intended length.
  • On death, if a plant rotted away entirely, there's no message to handle it and it falls back to the flood indicator, giving misleading feedback on how the plant dies.

We'll have these resolved and pushed to Live within the next day. Thanks for your patience.

In case anyone missed it, we were made aware of a few bugs earlier today:

• Wither times aren't functioning properly and are killing plants immediately instead of decrementing yield every tick. This meant most plants would rot away after 4-6h of completed growth instead of the intended length.
  • On death, if a plant rotted away entirely, there's no message to handle it and it falls back to the flood indicator, giving misleading feedback on how the plant dies.

We'll have these resolved and pushed to Live within the next day. Thanks for your patience.

starf berry can't be harvested, not sure if a bug tho

edit: also, can enigma be farmed too?

Edited by axx

Are you sure? Does it says Untradeable?

You can't harvest those, i got some berries that turned into untradeable after update...

i harvested all the berries i had [the bad ones, based pickup got me some nice cash out of the liechis/salacs], both tradeable and untradeable

but when i try to harvest the starf berries (both tradeable and untradeable) it says "it would have no effect", guess it got no seeds hue

Edited by axx