specs / scarf

I have the feeling that the OU was very decent (more than ever ?) and that it's now fucked up for a while x)

The diversity of special walls was real : we had lot's of chanseys but also those P2s/Gardevoirs/Ludicolos, even stuff like Jolt support...

While chansey was a beast as a special wall, players were discovering more and more flaws, so alternatives were sometimes needed.

Now we're gonna enjoy a full bliss meta, and new players who were crying at chansey will now see what is an unbreakable special wall :-) ENJOY BRAH

Well, as much as the old OU was decent the game is always updating and changes are going to happen eventually. We should check out the new meta before slating it.

Well, as much as the old OU was decent the game is always updating and changes are going to happen eventually. We should check out the new meta before slating it.

I actually don't care much as I already have those multiple gengars/bliss/lax and stuff. But I'm also thinking of new players, who will have to work hard to be able to compete once again

WallMMO days are over (pls)

so the real fun is back

=')

I'll give you some clues :

• more Choice Scarfs => faster meta => walls will check this out
  • more Choice Scarfs => less CBs => less offensive pressure on physical walls.
  • Blissey back => fucking harder to deal with than Chansey => rekd
  • Ttar back & no focus blast => Pursuit + Crunch => rekd CMinders & stuff

=')

I remember when people used to say that porygon and umbreon were as good as chansey at walling... 

well, before implementing this items, what would we do against a choice bander? mostly 2 options: wall it with a wall... or wall it with something inmune against that attack (like aero against earthquake)..

so, I think it´s gonna be a meta of walls and sweepers with some inmunity (houndoom op)

Think about it: the best special moves are surf, psychic, shadow ball, ice beam, sludge bomb, flamethower, giga drain, thunderbolt... they can be all 1/4 resisted or ignored by many pokes (psychic are useless against dark, thunderbolt is useless against bolt absorb and ground)... not being able to use another move against someone is inmune against you, such a problem

with no good dragon, ground, bug, dark, fighting, etc special moves (and if there are, there is no good poke with high special hability to use it) maybe they special scarf wont be that op... or maybe good sweepers with some inmunity become op, or maybe chansey get even higher usage (if not reset)

I think there should be a reset, but we cant do one. It's obvious the meta is going to drastically change and when this happens a reset is necessary, however with the number of officials posted as well as uu/nu matchmaking becoming a thing it becomes unfair to just rid the lower tiers. I feel like instead tier council have to be on their toes and make changes whenever necessary. Changes need to be quick and immediate

Sash, orb?

They can call them "Even more focus Band" and "power boost not choice band". Hell lets chuck eviolite in the mix just to make chansey even more shittier

Just saying, this is the end of WallMMO but the beginning of TrickMMO

Edited by Kizhaz

Im really not sure what to think about this update tbh other than why the hell haven't we got Life Orb?

In the long run this will most likely make the meta more offensive once people breed for the new meta. There will be a plethora of new viable trick users to fuck over walls and Trapinch usage should rise significantly to deal with chansey. If this happens the meta will probably be a lot more enjoyable and fast paced, although know the mmo community people will pay it safe and stick with walls. Still can't help but wonder why no Life Orb.

Im really not sure what to think about this update tbh other than why the hell haven't we got Life Orb?

In the long run this will most likely make the meta more offensive once people breed for the new meta. There will be a plethora of new viable trick users to fuck over walls and Trapinch usage should rise significantly to deal with chansey. If this happens the meta will probably be a lot more enjoyable and fast paced, although know the mmo community people will pay it safe and stick with walls. Still can't help but wonder why no Life Orb.

Take this with a grain of salt since i know literally nothing about coding, but I'd assume scarf and specs were easier to code in since the choice band item already existed and they just had to alter the stat that got boosted. Life orb seems a little more complicated and has no real equal already in the game, but you can never rule anything out

Edited by Gunthug

Take this with a grain of salt since i know literally nothing about coding, but I'd assume scarf and specs were easier to code in since the choice band item already existed and they just had to alter the stat that got boosted. Life orb seems a little more complicated and has no real equal already in the game, but you can never rule anything out

I wouldn't rule that out and presumed that may have been the case. It's just if the was the case they should have just waited to finish that before throwing out these changes in my opinion at least.

Also regardless of if these changes are good or not Devs should really focus on finishing gen 3 before working on gen 4 stuff.

I wouldn't rule that out and presumed that may have been the case. It's just if the was the case they should have just waited to finish that before throwing out these changes in my opinion at least.

Also regardless of if these changes are good or not Devs should really focus on finishing gen 3 before working on gen 4 stuff.

I disagree. 3rd gen is almost finished anyway, no legends and no milotic. Dont know what the hold up on milotic is but legends are going to need a huge update that i am sure they are working on. But we got the split with the assumption that we were going to get 4th gen items and abilities. Its been a long time and this is the first taste of that we have gotten to see and i am happy it is happening. It does make the tiers messed up but only temporarily, and fixing them is going to be fun.

Imo, defensive strategies won't be much affected by the addition of those items : we alrealdy play around cores on the physical side and specs users don't have the power to break throught chansey.

But it's gonna make offense more viable for sure as scarfs give options to revenge kill fast threats that are really dangerous for offense such as zam, jolteon, starmie, aero, etc. 

EDIT : in OU at least, UU and NU specs users are gonna be real threats.

Edited by Guerinf

Imo, defensive strategies won't be much affected by the addition of those items : we alrealdy play around cores on the physical side and specs users don't have the power to break throught chansey.

But it's gonna make offense more viable for sure as scarfs give options to revenge kill fast threats that are really dangerous for offense such as zam, jolteon, starmie, aero, etc. 

EDIT : in OU at least, UU and NU specs users are gonna be real threats.

I know that the Offensive team that i ran had real trouble with aero. Not anymore doe.

I disagree. 3rd gen is almost finished anyway, no legends and no milotic. Dont know what the hold up on milotic is but legends are going to need a huge update that i am sure they are working on. But we got the split with the assumption that we were going to get 4th gen items and abilities. Its been a long time and this is the first taste of that we have gotten to see and i am happy it is happening. It does make the tiers messed up but only temporarily, and fixing them is going to be fun.

Since Pokemmo is based on on a rom game there are only limited pokemon, moves and items slots, that were used for debugging reasons on the cartridge games, so adding new items, moves and pokemon should be harder than adding legends, that are already coded in the game......that's probably the reason why only bits of future gens are added, to get on with future gens there will be probably need to fully switch to a 4th+ gen rom....Probably....

Edit: Adding to that, it looks like adding future gens stuff will incur in copyright issues, as specs/scarf names have already proven ( unless that a retarded idea from devs, you never know ) Edited by londark

Since Pokemmo is based on on a rom game there are only limited pokemon, moves and items slots, that were used for debugging reasons on the cartridge games, so adding new items, moves and pokemon should be harder than adding legends, that are already coded in the game......that's probably the reason why only bits of future gens are added, to get on with future gens there will be probably need to fully switch to a 4th+ gen rom....Probably....

Edit: Adding to that, it looks like adding future gens stuff will incur in copyright issues, as specs/scarf names have already proven ( unless that a pooped idea from devs, you never know )

They are making dungeons for legendaries, none of which is on the original roms, which will make it incredibly more difficult to incorporate than scarf and band was in this non-expert's opinion. Also Scarf and Band already had the base code in the roms soo that made it easier to code

As for the copyright thing i think the names were made simply bc they obviously were a repurposed choiceband.

If im not mistaken stuff like recoil has a built code of its own

Implementing those items without the full gen4 result in a big year of work to make meta balanced WASTED. Adding items like this, that can change the game as much, should be voted by players before implementing it. I'm sure not many players are happy to have the comps scene changed to surprise/trickmmo.

I couldn't have said it better